Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

base and limited differences

Old 06-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: base and limited differences

so kinda going with my first posting does any one know if the cars come "plug and play" for some of the more basic options i just want to add fog lights heated mirrors and the better seats ! i don't need any of the real fancy stuff my crossfire is spending most of its life at the drag way !

Old 06-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by arkady
"both outside mirrors are heated to melt the frost or ice when the Rear Window Defroster switch is depressed." Page 66, the Owners Manual.
Your owner's manual also states the car holds 6.5 quarts of oil. Go ahead. Trust it.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by crossfire6412
so kinda going with my first posting does any one know if the cars come "plug and play" for some of the more basic options i just want to add fog lights heated mirrors and the better seats ! i don't need any of the real fancy stuff my crossfire is spending most of its life at the drag way !
I can tell you I have put foglights in my base, have not finished wiring them up yet but the headlight switch is fused and operable for the foglights, but the harness isn't wired for them, so you will need to run wiring. I do not know about wiring for the mirrors, but if you do a search there have been others that have put in the limited seats and if memory serves me correctly that is "plug and play". Actually that is why I haven't wired my foglights yet, I am more into the "playing" than "plugging" right at the moment, it's too much fun to drive on nice days.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by bobs
Your owner's manual also states the car holds 6.5 quarts of oil. Go ahead. Trust it.
Since you put it that way...

Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 PM

Limited has over the Base the following:

1. Polished aluminum/rubber studded pedals
2. Storage net in the footwell and in the rear bulkhead
3. Heated exterior rearview mirrors
4. Heated seats
5. Cabin air filtering system
6. Upgraded 240 watt Infinity modulus 6 speaker stereo
7. Tire Pressure Monitor
8. Hi-Back seats
9. Cupholder
10. Gas Strut on the Glovebox door to open quieter and smoother
11. Homelink
12. Fog Lamps
13. Silver trim on Windshield Frame, Side Fender Louvers and Door Handles
14. Polished Chrome exhaust tips
15. Silver engine cover
16. Touring Gear
17. GPS (option)
18. Colors other than Black or Blaze Red
19. Automatic Transmission Option
20. Leather Interior

Old 06-15-2021, 12:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My first post here. Just bought an '05 base; black, 6-speed. What fun to drive!
Love the straightforward layout, clean gauges, metal shift ****. Form and function are fused.
I would like to add the HomeLink; my inside RR view mirror is wobbly as it is, so replacing the unit with the HomeLink base may be a nice fix/upgrade.
Has anyone done this? Any thoughts or comments appreciated! Thanks

Old 06-17-2021, 08:47 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome, Ddave!

Your question here in this thread is kinda hidden. I stumbled on it by wanting to see the differences between Limited and Base.

I would suggest posting a new thread with your question in the Technical --> Interior forum. You'll likely get some answers there.

Old 06-18-2021, 08:22 AM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddave
My first post here. Just bought an '05 base; black, 6-speed. What fun to drive!
Love the straightforward layout, clean gauges, metal shift ****. Form and function are fused.
I would like to add the HomeLink; my inside RR view mirror is wobbly as it is, so replacing the unit with the HomeLink base may be a nice fix/upgrade.
Has anyone done this? Any thoughts or comments appreciated! Thanks
Congratulations on the car purchase, and welcome to the forum. You will find solutions here to most any problem you encounter with the car. And there are many members willing to answer questions.

The Homelink in the Limited is old technology. Myself and others have found it does not work with newer garage openers with rolling codes. You certainly could buy a remote receiver compatible with the Homelink that is wired into the garage opener. Homelink is not part of the rearview mirror. It goes in the headliner. You will need to cut a hole for it. I switched to a very small fob remote that works with the newer openers.

BTW, do not feel bad about missing some of the limited goodies. I own two Limiteds and an SE base which is my favorite. Having the extras is nice, but I don't miss them in the base model. Here are a few observations. The Limited cup holder does not work well, get's in the way of shifting, pops up when bumped with your elbow, and will puncture paper cups. Many owners swap it out with the cubby found in the base. The seat heaters often fail in the limited. I find the cloth base seats are more comfortable and give more headroom. The tire pressure monitors are nice to have, but are old tech in the Crossfires. The cars will not automatically learn new sensors. When the sensors fail it's a headache for owners. Tire shops can clone the old ones if they are still working, but they do not have a scanner that can talk to the car computer to pair with the new sensors.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:34 AM
Received 566 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Toolman
The Homelink in the Limited is old technology. Myself and others have found it does not work with newer garage openers with rolling codes. You certainly could buy a remote receiver compatible with the Homelink that is wired into the garage opener. Homelink is not part of the rearview mirror. It goes in the headliner. You will need to cut a hole for it. I switched to a very small fob remote that works with the newer openers.
My two garage door openers use rolling codes and the Homelink works just fine. You have to set them up using different steps to those outlined in the owners manual.
I think they are often called the Canadian instructions as the rolling code feature has been required here for quite a number of years. The instructions are on the Homelink site. I am at this moment replacing the oldest opener as something goes wrong with the signal reception now and again. When it fails to work the button in the car, the outside and the inside buttons do nothing other than make the light on the inside button flash rapidly. There is a self diagnosis system built in but it gives no hint to the problem.
Edit
All three openers are Chamberlains, this last one is model #B550C, it is replacing a model #182671 installed in 2005.
Reading the instructions of the new opener I see that I may require a part called a Compatibility Bridge to convert the signal from the Crossfire to the newer signal used by the new opener. I guess there is only one way to find out for sure. 🙄 Rain today so I guess we will know soon enough.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-18-2021 at 11:23 AM.