Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

a little forum history?

Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a little forum history?

I've been looking at some early threads and have become a bit curious about who started this site or any history to it? Who owns it? Who runs it? It appears there were some feuds and some splintered off? I have never been one to get too involved with forums but I find myself checking this one out fairly often since I bought my SRT6 almost a month ago - There must be some original members out there somewhere...

Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 PM
RPM
Default Re: a little forum history?

Originally Posted by V-12
I've been looking at some early threads and have become a bit curious about who started this site or any history to it? Who owns it? Who runs it? It appears there were some feuds and some splintered off? I have never been one to get too involved with forums but I find myself checking this one out fairly often since I bought my SRT6 almost a month ago - There must be some original members out there somewhere...
I've been wondering the same.

From what I can tell (looking at some old posts), Crossfirecommunity.net was started by some people who 'had enough' of Crossfireforum.org.

Come on 'founding fathers,' give us the scoop -

Old 06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They weren't really upset. There was a scare that this site was going to be shut down as no one was operating it or moderating. It got bad around here with members not being to kind to each other.
Instead of being left out in the cold if this site went belly up the other site was set up by some of the members and they have been enjoying themselves since. Some, like I, post on both.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:48 PM
RPM

Originally Posted by crossfirefun
They weren't really upset. There was a scare that this site was going to be shut down as no one was operating it or moderating. It got bad around here with members not being to kind to each other.
Instead of being left out in the cold if this site went belly up the other site was set up by some of the members and they have been enjoying themselves since. Some, like I, post on both.
So are any of the members who originally caused the drama still here?

Old 06-27-2007, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
So are any of the members who originally caused the drama still here?
This sounds good... Drama... Intrigue... Just like Peyton Place, (Some of us older folk will get reference) without the bad script!

Who gets the rights to the book? Or is FP already offering this on EBay?

XFH

Old 06-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: a little forum history?

I joined this form in mid 2004, at the beginning of the "drama". This forum was started and is still owned by "Mightyjlr". From what I can tell is that a few members did not take kindly to some of the flaming and remarks left by some members. After that a few members left and started another site and that site met its demise due to internal bickering, the owner of that site took his marbles and went home. Then crossfirecommunity.net was started by "flugelboy" who use to be a member of this forum. Crossfirecommunity.net is more of a "warm & fuzzy" site, but there is a lot of good comments and good people there.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how or who started either forum but i post to both, this one has more info.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Forum Regular

I was just curious as I own a marketing communications firm so "forums" are of interest on that level to me. But I am here because it is a very educational site for a new srt-6 owner who bought on the spur of the moment - sort of buy first think later...
But this is an impressive and useful library for me and for what it's worth, I sense a high level of civility among members and just curious as to the beginnings...
There is another post about all the new guests and as a marketing person, I would immediately add something up front that welcomes guests to join and take advantage of all the new xfire owners - there will never be a time period with the rush of new people like myself to turn into members, as there is in this brief period of new buyers from the big divorce... if there is advantage to more numbers.

One more thing...
I don't know what collectibiltiy level this car will have but fyi, it's already a growing cult.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey v-12 just remember to post what you learn to keep the information flowing.
I like it here over the "other" place as I like the nut and bolts kind of stuff the most.
I enjoy talking with others that have skills and enjoy the crossfire.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:11 AM
Forum Regular

Forum history is not complete without reading about the StarTech $1,000 giveaway scam that the
owner of this site pulled on forum members way back when.

And the Winner Is... (Jan 2005)

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...artech+contest

Startech Contest... (Mar 2005)

Last edited by ben47; 06-28-2007 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:13 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ben47
Forum history is not complete without reading about the StarTech $1,000 giveaway scam that the
owner of this site pulled on forum members way back when.

And the Winner Is... (Jan 2005)

Startech Contest... (Mar 2005)

Yep, I would guess that was part of it too... AND ME YELLING AT PEOPLE TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

So now we've rehashed the dirty old secrets of the forum... Welcome V12... FYI, many of the members here discuss pertinent info via PM's... Seems to keep the info correct without all the hyperbole...

Old 06-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Forum Regular

HDDP - capisce

Old 06-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was started by Mighty a couple of months before i joined. After the Startech fiasco, he disappeared and no one was maintaining the site for a long time, but everything ran smooth.

As for Crossfirecommunity, I think the main reason why it was started was because a member Wmichaels didn't like anyone questioning anything he said, but that's just my personal opinion. He may not have started it, i'm not sure, but he drew a couple hundred members away from here because people were too mean, which i thought was a joke because this thread is by far the friendliest car forum with thousands of members i have EVER come across. I don't know him personally, and he was one of the first people to do SCCa in his crossfire and may be a great guy, he just had a problem with this forum.

This forum has run really smooth considering mighty hasn't had done any real revamping to it for two years or so I think and only nominated 1 or 2 moderators. Its a really great forum.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
Yep, I would guess that was part of it too... AND ME YELLING AT PEOPLE TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

So now we've rehashed the dirty old secrets of the forum... Welcome V12... FYI, many of the members here discuss pertinent info via PM's... Seems to keep the info correct without all the hyperbole...
unfortunate but true, way too much bull.....but welcome anyway V12.