Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New to the crossfire had some questions

Old 08-20-2007, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the crossfire had some questions

I'm going out tomorrow to hopefully bring home a new (to me) '04 sapphire silver coupe and just had some newbie questions. I'm only new to crossfires but I'm a long time car guy. Specifically new GTOs, corvettes, and LSX gm f-body's. I've been looking over the site for a while and its good to see that crossfire people seem to be generally good guys. Hopefully my ignorance won't be too painful. I'm a quick learner though.

I really like the SRT front lip spoiler. Is that an entirely different bumper cover or can just the spoiler be purchased and attached?

I usually have a major mod bug but this time I'd like to just keep things pretty simple. For now. I was considering maybe deleting the mufflers and/or resonators. Is there a very noticeable sound difference in just scrapping the resonators? Or would getting rid of the mufflers be a good idea. I'm looking for a pretty good sound. Nothing race-like but I enjoy a good growl.

What's the best intake set-up for the money? Do they actually produce some noticeable gains along with exhaust?

Anyone have some pictures of the vmax rear diffuser? Where can those be purchased? And how much do they usually run?

Now, I've heard you can get a humidor and a set of luggage for your xf. I'm sure ebay would be the place for that. I hear the humidor is around $100-175 on ebay but how much is the luggage? And does the humidor come with the cigar cutter and lighter or are those separate? Does anyone have some pictures of those features?

Sorry for all the probably dumb questions! Thanks!

Old 08-20-2007, 04:21 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: New to the crossfire had some questions

Originally Posted by crossfiah
I'm going out tomorrow to hopefully bring home a new (to me) '04 sapphire silver coupe and just had some newbie questions. I'm only new to crossfires but I'm a long time car guy. Specifically new GTOs, corvettes, and LSX gm f-body's. I've been looking over the site for a while and its good to see that crossfire people seem to be generally good guys. Hopefully my ignorance won't be too painful. I'm a quick learner though.

I really like the SRT front lip spoiler. Is that an entirely different bumper cover or can just the spoiler be purchased and attached?

I usually have a major mod bug but this time I'd like to just keep things pretty simple. For now. I was considering maybe deleting the mufflers and/or resonators. Is there a very noticeable sound difference in just scrapping the resonators? Or would getting rid of the mufflers be a good idea. I'm looking for a pretty good sound. Nothing race-like but I enjoy a good growl.

What's the best intake set-up for the money? Do they actually produce some noticeable gains along with exhaust?

Anyone have some pictures of the vmax rear diffuser? Where can those be purchased? And how much do they usually run?

Now, I've heard you can get a humidor and a set of luggage for your xf. I'm sure ebay would be the place for that. I hear the humidor is around $100-175 on ebay but how much is the luggage? And does the humidor come with the cigar cutter and lighter or are those separate? Does anyone have some pictures of those features?

Use the search feature & you'll find lots of info on all that stuff.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy an SRT-6 you won't regret it... but the bumper is a completely different bumper... but it fits perfectly and is reversible between the N/A and the SRT...

Other than that all the info you can search we discussed those topics quiet frequently...

Old 08-20-2007, 04:41 AM

Funny because I tried that before and those were the questions left. And I tried it again when you suggested that and for some reason its like the search thing just got a broader range or something because I answered my front lip question. Maybe its my computer but the only pictures I could find of the luggage were from discontinued ebay auctions and were red Xs. And the search in the gallery didn't yield anything. Looks like the K&N is probably the way to go. And I think I might be having my exhaust guy fab me up something custom.

I wish I had the cash for an SRT. Maybe in time I will.

Do all Xfs have tire pressure sensors?

And as far as factory navigation, is voice nav? And is that available in 04's?

Last edited by crossfiah; 08-20-2007 at 04:43 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:28 AM

Um... yes the navi is voice and I am not sure if it is available on the 04's but I would think so...

Tire pressure sensors yes we have those...

As for the luggage I do not know much about it was never really interested can't answer your question there, but yea it has been a while since they stopped making those along with the humidors and once in a while a used set pops up here or ebay, other than that I do not know how to purchase it...

I would not recommend K&N after doing my research I have come to the conclusion that the minimized filtration is not worth the minor increase if you couple it with other modifications than possible, but other than that no...

And as for the exhaust sure you can have one custom made for you that is always a good choice, but another popular choice many go with is the Borla built exhaust.. you can purchase it for around $650? people claim to have had pleasant results with it...

Hope this helps at least a little...

Old 08-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roy (mbepic) installed custom exhaust on his crossfire Used only resonator's and new tips and it sounds great. I had the pleasure of hearing it at the Woodward cruise. I think he said it cost around $300 using stainless pipes. He is going to send me pictures and part numbers so I can get mine done. If interested pm me and I'll send you the information.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sidez
Um... yes the navi is voice and I am not sure if it is available on the 04's but I would think so...
Nope, NAV wasn't available in the '04, however, some have added the '05 OEM unit to their '04.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:06 PM

Thanks guys helps a lot! I appreciate it.

I guess KN is out then. Don't want anything sucked into my baby. What are some other good brands?

Old 08-20-2007, 07:33 PM

go with the k&n's they warranty there product and yours if anything goes wrong.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

k&n's are great... just don't over oil them and all is well.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:24 PM
RPM

I've used K&Ns on every car I've ever owned.
My dad - same, brother - same, father-in-law - same (well, dad and father-in-law - more like every car in the last 10 or so years).
Never any issues.

Last edited by RPM; 08-20-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Forum Regular

"And as for the exhaust sure you can have one custom made for you that is always a good choice, but another popular choice many go with is the Borla built exhaust.. you can purchase it for around $650? people claim to have had pleasant results with it"

If you want low and mellow the Borla system is very well made, I like a more aggressive sound and am really happy with the Magnaflow system. It's around $500 and you would have a hard time duplicating it yourself for that price ! I can't promise major power gains without a ECU flash tune from Speed Innovations or similar outfit. But the Magnaflow WILL make your car sound like a sportscar !

Cincinnati Slim

Old 08-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Life is random...so am I.

If you want the srt front bumper you'll be happy to know that it actually costs less than the limited one. But it comes bare and you need to paint it!

As a sidenote...Frank, I'd love to have that info! I'm still working over anyone who has the video from Friday night.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:05 PM

Thanks so much guys. Looks like any mods will be an SRT 6 front, some diffusers, magnaflow exhaust, and a K&N intake. Maybe some lighting mods too. Seems simple now. I appreciate the help!

Old 08-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by crossfiah

Don't be sorry for asking questions, none of them are dumb... Be sorry for not knowing how to use the search function on this website...