Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Mobil l under $5.00 a qt.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobil l under $5.00 a qt.

I thought these days might be gone, but at least here in the mid-West , Advance Auto Parts has Mobil l on sale for $4.98 a qt. thru Sept. 29. I called ahead to see if 0-40 wt. was incl. & if any was in stock. 0-40 is part of the sale. Oddly they had only 9 qts. in their entire inventory. They were kind enough to put them behind the counter til I drove over yesterday to p/u.

Out of curiosity sake I asked them to look up an oil filter & see if the fleece type was avail. Was surprised to hear that they don't even list a paper filter in their catalog for
the Crossfire.

For those still under warranty & do change their own oil, you shouldn't get your filter anywhere but at your Chrysler parts counter. This is a big plus in your favor if any warranty work required & the question of did you use 0-40 (receipt from Advance) & where do you buy your filters, (RIGHT HERE)
Crossfireone

Old 09-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Default Re: Mobil l under $5.00 a qt.

I was really surprised to see the oil type on the little sticker under my hood. "040? What the heck is that?" Here's hoping I can find it when I need it.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AimeeJ
I was really surprised to see the oil type on the little sticker under my hood. "040? What the heck is that?" Here's hoping I can find it when I need it.
It's not that uncommon. Wal-mart even carries 0W40.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:31 PM

Oh they do? Good I couldn't tell you what I used on my ZX2, but it wasn't this - both my fiancés dad and my own dad looked sort of perplexed by it.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 486 Likes on 337 Posts

Just be sure to buy 9 quarts because our engines require 8.5 quarts for an oil change. I thought the 0W40 was strange at first but it is available at several common auto parts retailers. I use only Mobil 1 but there are others that make 0W40.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Crossfireone
For those still under warranty & do change their own oil, you shouldn't get your filter anywhere but at your Chrysler parts counter. This is a big plus in your favor if any warranty work required & the question of did you use 0-40 (receipt from Advance) & where do you buy your filters, (RIGHT HERE)
Crossfireone
Called a Chrysler Stealer near me in Cambridge, Ohio to check on the oil filter. When I was connected to parts I asked. "Chrysler parts"? Parts guy's reply. "Yes". Me: "I need an oil filter for a 2006 Crossfire. He: What make is that"? Me: "It's a Chrysler and I think I have the part number", and I read it off to him. Long pause. Me: Is that a viable number"? He: " What motor is that"? Me: "It's a Mercedes engine" He: "What litre"? Me: " 3.2". He: " I show a 3.0, 3.8, and a 5..."(something or other). By now I'm quickly loosing patience. He: "I need the last 6 digits of the VIN"? Me: " I'm on a cell phone and no where near the car or it's data, I'll call back".

Called back, reached different guy, explained wanting a fleece oil filter for a Crossfire, and previous inquiry. Gave him the last 6 digits of VIN. Long pause. He: "We are out of that right now but we can order it". ( Typical Stealer BS, as if they ever had one in stock ) Me: " How much is it, and is it the fleece filter"? He: " What"? Me: "Fleece rather than paper". He: "I guess, and it is $34.95". Me: "TALK ABOUT FLEECE"! I can get one from Mercedes for $20.50"; and I hung up.

A side note regarding oil changes. The other podunk Dealer where I bought the Xfire included 6 free oil changes, which I never intended to take advantage of because of their previous history of charging but not changing filters, oil, plugs, wires etc. So just a word of warning to those of you out there having no knowledge of what makes these things tick, don't fall for the " Oh! Your headlight fluid is low", " Do you want the regular or the halogen fluid"?

Old 09-05-2007, 12:49 PM
RPM

Originally Posted by DAMNFINO
Called a Chrysler Stealer near me in Cambridge, Ohio to check on the oil filter.
I order mine from:
www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com

I see that K&N is making an oil filter for the Crossfire too.