Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

will it move on 22's?

Old 10-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: will it move on 22's?

Well, it sounds like you have it figured out, which is good. Do you have a picture or a link of the wheels you are going with? If they aren't full face Donk wheels, I like to see them.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Punctuation would be nice...

I've cleaned it up so you can actually make out what you said because it gave me a freaking headache.

You people are funny as the speed sensors are on the front wheels hence the problem with the dyno. Secondly, who said I was going with 22's all around?

Johnny angel eat my *** you're scared to touch anything [you] piece of $h!t. You say all of this but have you done it? What experience do you speak of as far as lifting the car and cutting out the fenders? My factory ride height is stock in the rear. Do you only know of the rims on tire rack? I have a true staggered fitment unlike the fake stagger from the factory.

It has been said "to each there own" and if your saying i'm putting money into a **** car doesn't that mean you drive a **** car too??? Johnny please come to the dragon. Did you ever think some people do thing just to prove they can be done?

Why isn't everyone going ape **** over latannatx putting a v8 in his? mad props for having the ***** to attempt it man! It amazes me how many people come out to attack someone here because they are doing something a lil different, true its been done but have you ever heard from anyone that it even rolls? i will be driving mine somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 miles to the dragon.

Who cares about how soft the ride is to return to the same comments fired at me its a german sports car! It's not a sports car its a coupe the srt6 is a sports car as these cars are too heavy and don't have enough power for me to call it a sports car, do you call a Miata a sports car? I call the new Mazdaspeed ones sports cars but not the regular ones.

They do make light weight 22 x 9.5 rims specially designed for Mercedes and BMW's staggered fitment that keep a sporty look... I could go on but I'm really pissed right now i expected the regular jerks to come out but this is a bit much... I didn't realize that this forum had so many closed minded people that were all so ready to just jump on here and bash me for going a step up. I thought some would love to know what offsets work best what tire sizes and so on. Oh and about the heavy wheel comments go take one of your stock wheels off and weigh that they might as well be made of lead wow you people really can suck...

----------------------------------------------------

I could really care less about what you do but you did state in your first post a question on "will it move on 22's" and then stated.
you'll see hehehe. just a lil hint for what to expect at the dragon folks hehehe.
If that's saying you aren't going to put on 22's then I don't know what more you need to do, other than pictures, to say that you are. Do what you want but if/when you blow an axle don't be surprise someone saying "I told ya so".

Old 10-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

LOL the video of the purple cutlass had me literally laughing up phlem.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by irwin
you people are funny #1 the speed sensors are on the front wheels hence the problem with the dyno #2 who said i was going with 22's all around? #3 johnny angel eat my *** you scared to touch anything piece of $h!t
Lol looks like my old crossfire was just as modded as yours lol only wow looks like I got the offset right on the first try (previous post with this waste of time loser). Better luck next time go wash your synthetic micro suede seats tool.... Here are some pictures of what my old looked like the day I traded it in for my srt6 I keep forgetting your post are not worth even reading..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
crossfire6.jpg (38.9 KB, 7 views)
crossfire7.jpg (45.2 KB, 10 views)
crossfire lowered.jpg (35.7 KB, 28 views)
crossfire512.jpg (38.2 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 10-29-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
Irwin, all BS, Bitterness aside, please be careful with this. It's obviously not my taste, but that's neither here not there. Oversized wheels can be very dangerous. I've seen what can happen. There was a fatal wreck on the interstate near where I work when a Tahoe lost one of its 24" wheels in the front. The truck went out of control into the median and flipped twice. The wheel came off with the hub assemble still attached. The ball joints and tie rods completely let go from stress.
i find this hard to believe, because the 24s don't way much more than the stock wheels, and tires. also, seeing how 22" wheels are optional on escalades, the weight difference between the 22"s with the larger tires they use and 24"s with the smaller tires is non-existent. i, myself, and many others have 24"wheels on escalades, tahoe, suburbans and have never heard of this happening.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by jp2005
i find this hard to believe, because the 24s don't way much more than the stock wheels, and tires. also, seeing how 22" wheels are optional on escalades, the weight difference between the 22"s with the larger tires they use and 24"s with the smaller tires is non-existent. i, myself, and many others have 24"wheels on escalades, tahoe, suburbans and have never heard of this happening.
You have just seen photographic and video evidence that it happens...

Newer SUVs with big wheels are engineered for them or they wouldn't offer them as optional equipment. The Tahoe that I referenced was an older one. I had it happen to me when I had 40" Super Swampers on my old Bronco. Spindles, Axles, Bearings, Tir Rods and Ball joints aren't meant to support that much unsprung weight.

This thread is spreading bad vibes like cancer, I'm out before I say something I'll regret.

Last edited by NeverEnough; 10-29-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:16 PM

+1 I am out.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:50 AM
Life is random...so am I.

With 22's and a lift kit...maybe it can qualify in the "monsterjam"...maybe even take on Bigfoot!

Old 10-30-2007, 05:18 AM
RPM

Originally Posted by apkano
With 22's and a lift kit...maybe it can qualify in the "monsterjam"...maybe even take on Bigfoot!
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY (in the Monster Jam announcer voice)!!!

Old 10-30-2007, 05:55 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by irwin
you people are funny #1 the speed sensors are on the front wheels hence the problem with the dyno #2 who said i was going with 22's all around? #3 johnny angel eat my *** you scared to touch anything piece of $h!t #4 you say all of this but have you done it, what experience do you speak of as far as lifting the car and cutting out the fenders? my factory ride height is stock in the rear. #5 do you only know of the rims on tire rack? #6 i have a true staggered fitment unlike the fake stagger from the factory. #7 as has been said to each there own #8 if your saying i'm putting money into a **** car doesn't that mean you drive a **** car too??? #9 johnny please come to the dragon #10 did you ever think some people do thing just to prove they can be done? #11 why isn't everyone going ape **** over latannatx putting a v8 in his? mad props for having the ***** to attempt it man! #12 it amazes me how many people come out to attack someone here because they are doing something a lil different, true its been done but have you ever heard from anyone that it even rolls? i will be driving mine somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 miles to the dragon #13 who cares about how soft the ride is to return to the same comments fired at me its a german sports car! #14 its not a sports car its a coupe the srt6 is a sports car these cars are too heavy and don't have enough power for me to call it a sports car, do you call a miata a sports car? i call the new mazda speed ones sports cars but not the regular ones #15 johnny we should meet up some time #16 they do make light weight 22 x 9.5 rims specially designed for mercedes and bmw's staggered fitment that keep a sporty look... i could go on but i'm really pissed right now i expected the regular jerks to come out but this is a bit much... i didn't realize that this forum had so many closed minded people that were all so ready to just jump on here and bash me for going a step up... i thought some would love to know what offsets work best what tire sizes and so on... oh and about the heavy wheel comments go take one of your stock wheels off and weigh that they might as well be made of lead wow you people really can suck...
Is literacy dead?

Read:

http://www.oanow.com/servlet/Satelli...6&path=%21news

Old 10-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

The commentary on the You Tube video is just stunning!
Irwin screw these people, whadda de know...go 30's all the way around.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I never said you couldn't do it. You said "will it move on 22's"... I therefore presumed you meant 22s all the way around. Pardon my ignorance.

It IS a sports car, regardless of the power to weight ratio of the base and limited models. It's a 2 passenger, independent front and rear suspension, 4 wheel disc brake, 55/45 weight balanced sports car. There are different levels of course. As to how it compares to a Miata, just ask Mike-in-Orange about that.

I wish you the best of luck with your modifications and was only trying to help. Those that give you crap about this... ignore them.

Cheers!

Old 10-30-2007, 12:22 PM

#14 its not a sports car its a coupe the srt6 is a sports car these cars are too heavy and don't have enough power for me to call it a sports car, do you call a miata a sports car? i call the new mazda speed ones sports cars but not the regular ones.
YES, it IS a sports car. A coupe is a two-door car. Some coupes have back seats, which are usually called GTs, some coupes don't. All Crossfires are sports cars, Miatas are sports cars as well (good ones too). A sports car doesn't have to have 300+ hp to be considered a sports car. Look at the old Triumphs, MGs, and original Porsches. Even the new Lotus Elise uses a very small engine, but will blow the doors off of many higher hp cars in the twisties due to its light weight and handling. A sports car is usually a small, light, vehicle built for sporting enjoyment.

350Z = sports car
G35 Coupe = sports coupe
BMW Z4 = sports car
BMW M3 = sports coupe
Miata = sports car
Mazda Speed MX5 = sports car
Ford GT = sports car
Ford Mustang GT = sports coupe
Crossfire = sports car
Crossfire SRT6 = sports car

Old 10-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cgocifer, I must disagree with you.
My Crossfire is just a luxury coupe to me.
You mention some fine cars, but unless you have driven them you will not know the difference. Some of the cars I have owned or driven include: Elan, Europa, Spyder, X 1/9, 240 Z, TR250, TR6, TR7, Spitfire, MGB, Midget, Zagato and one very special 1950 Porsche... number 109 of 200 of the first year US imports.
I would never think of pushing my Crossfire to the point I could push any of the above. None had the horsepower the Crossfire has, but all could use what they had much better. Especially the mid-engine few.
Today's sports car definition is far different from the past. There are only a few cars made in the past decade that I would consider true sports cars... Miata, MR2, S2000, most non-SUV Porsches, Lotus', Vettes and all exotics.

irwin, let me see what it looks like on 22's

Last edited by kurtisberry; 10-30-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow johnny you didnt even upsize matter of fact are thoose 18's? maybe 17's? just meet me somewhere anywhere you arrogant know nothing *****. anyways i had to get that off of my chest cant take pics yet i want the reveal to be at the dam but pics will be posted after right now its sitting withe *** in the air no wheels no interior lol well basically not a whole lot of anything but im sure some will appreciate what ive done. oh and literacy is dead. EXE Wheels - Luxury Sport performance wheels for Lexus, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and my wheel shop NO LIMIT INC :::: OFFICAL WEBSITE check out the gallerys oh and its the konvex wheel. one last thing to thoose of you expressing honest concern for the safety of my vehicle and myself thank you

Old 10-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I won't be able to make it to the dragon but I look forward to seeing what you've got in mind

Old 10-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm done... +1 out.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Forum Regular

oh and one more thing johnny ***** *** angel my offset was right on 20's wtf are you talking about, oh and to say yours was as modded as mine is a joke what srt6 front bumper, a set of eibachs, some tint, and on closer inspection some 19's wow i have more in my sound system then you did in your whole car. yeah i have micro suede seats SO I CAN CLEAN THEM YOU JACK ***, i dont sit in a cubicle all day and get manicures i get dirty at work and being able to clean my upholstry is kind of important to me as i actually drive my car alot, i do believe we went over this before. yes, yes we did when i made an *** of you before, but i really dont think i have to try very hard being as you make an *** of yourself way better than i do, you ******* *****. grow some ***** be a man and meet up with me ***** i will be sure to put thoose pics up.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:42 PM

looks like pretty decent forged rims? what kind of finish? how much it set you back?

Old 10-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Forum Regular

its a machined finish the set with tires .... should be 3200 lol

Quick Reply: will it move on 22's?