Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Bad Review...

Old 11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bad Review...

Yawn..same ole same ole...I don't care who likes or dislikes my car....all that matters is that I love it!

Old 11-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Forum Regular

golfergal ,i really like the Roadster ,
and i think this person wished he had the funds to get a CrossFire ..

Old 11-06-2007, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by antonio311
Maybe He's just sour because his fellow Brits can't make a decent car or even maintain a British car company????
To be fair there very few decent car companies either side of the Atlantic, Chrysler haven't exactly done much new, Crossfire is MB, 300C is E Class chasis and suspension. Ford??? Vettes are still cool.

UK has lost lots of the makes we had and many are foreign owned but the UK still houses Lotus, Noble, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, Morgan, Bristol, Maclaren, Westfield, Arial.......

He's a T**T, I don't need to appologise for him but for all I know he could be an American working for a British newspaper...... rant off.......

Golfergal - your right particularly as most of what is written is wrong. One car mag I was looking at recently said go for the convertable because at least you get a folding tin roof!

AlG - I think the big problem he had with the wing was the button to operate it - one more reason I doubt he has driven a Crossfire otherwise he would have known why it's there - for instance yesterday I might have been driving on twisty roads, 70 on the straights braking to 30 for corners, last thing you want is a wing going up and down every corner.

Clarkson and TopGear are entainment not informational - I can't say I agree with all his viewpoints but the program makes me laugh.

The review the thread was discussing was just padding for a newspaper, neither entertainment nor informational.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by malcb
To be fair there very few decent car companies either side of the Atlantic, Chrysler haven't exactly done much new, Crossfire is MB, 300C is E Class chasis and suspension.... .
I've read that the 300C and Charger use a copy of the E Class rear suspension but they are not interchangeable, the rest of the suspension and chassis is strictly Chrysler. Supposedly the only MB component in the Chrysler cars is the transmission.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Golfer girl has the right attitude. Is she single? Who cares what anyone thinks?

The worst thing I ever heard anyone say about the Crossfire I heard on the day I bought it. I went to Youtube and saw the Top Gear review where he hated the shape of the car and said that it reminded him of a dog doing number two. I laughed really hard and remember that almost everytime I look at my car. But I love this car!

Old 11-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Golfer girl has the right attitude. Is she single? Who cares what anyone thinks?

The worst thing I ever heard anyone say about the Crossfire I heard on the day I bought it. I went to Youtube and saw the Top Gear review where he hated the shape of the car and said that it reminded him of a dog doing number two. I laughed really hard and remember that almost everytime I look at my car. But I love this car!
Yeah I also saw that review and that guy made such an A** of himself it serves him right! Basically he was trying to be entertaining at the crossfires expense but it just made him look like complete trash. He can take his tea and Krumpets and stick them up his A**. Maybe when he was an infant a dog S*%t on him, so now he can't get that image out of his mind??? If Top gear had any brains they should replace that idiot!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by antonio311
If Top gear had any brains they should replace that idiot!!!
The guy is practically an internation super star at this point and the backlash Top Gear would face by canning Clarkson would be stunning. I think he's hilarious and really enjoy him, Top Gear and both James May & Richard Hammond. Top Gear is by far the best car show on TV, in any country. I've downloaded every episode from the past several years and never miss the new ones. His dislike, or even condemnation, of ANY car does not make that car a bad car. Anyone who takes his or anyone else's comments about any car too much to heart needs to take a deep breath and just slow down. Hell, when the Roadster version of the Crossfire came out and Top Gear compared it to the Audi TT Roadster and 350Z Roadster (all three cars were driven by all three hosts over a two day period in Iceland) it was Clarkson who chose the Crossfire as the best of the three.

He's pretty slammed every brand/model of car on the planet at one time or another. Great entertainment, no doubt about it - just don't take it all too seriously. About the only thing that really "counts" on that show are the lap times turned in by the Stig. He never did hot lap the Crossfire though, at least not to my knowledge.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 PM

Like I said, I laughed my a$$ off. However I like my car review shows to have some credibility and Top Gear is about as credible as pro wrestling. I also saw the Iceland comparo where each of the three picked a different car as best. Seemed very scripted. A better review show is Motorweek, Top Gear is like getting your news from Weekend Update (SNL).

Old 11-06-2007, 08:56 PM

LMAO!!!
UHHHHH.. Thy guys' in the UK..

Two letters to sum up the automotive know how that comes from there..

M G

I'm done.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Like I said, I laughed my a$$ off. However I like my car review shows to have some credibility and Top Gear is about as credible as pro wrestling. I also saw the Iceland comparo where each of the three picked a different car as best. Seemed very scripted. A better review show is Motorweek, Top Gear is like getting your news from Weekend Update (SNL).
Yeah, Motorweek is fine for hard numbers, but it's the driest, most god-awful boring car show on TV. Top Gear is great entertainment, plain and simple. I don't mind hearing people's opinions about cars, and that's all they give on TG. Except, as I said, for Stig's lap times. And I think lap times tell so much more about a car's true potential than simple 0-60, 1/4 mile etc.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by MightyMouse
LMAO!!!
UHHHHH.. Thy guys' in the UK..

Two letters to sum up the automotive know how that comes from there..

M G

I'm done.
MG are now owned by the Chinese - might reopen the factory but not in my list - last "preformance" car by them was a sad thing with a Ford V8 engine!

MG brand came from Austin Morris, first car made by BMW was an Austin 3/15 copy.

How about Mclaren, the guys who re-engineer MB work and make it better?

http://www.hughpearman.com/articles5/mclaren.html

Old 11-07-2007, 08:01 AM

MG are now owned by the Chinese - might reopen the factory but not in my list - last "preformance" car by them was a sad thing with a Ford V8 engine!

MG brand came from Austin Morris, first car made by BMW was an Austin 3/15 copy.

How about Mclaren, the guys who re-engineer MB work and make it better?

http://www.hughpearman.com/articles5/mclaren.html
Carroll Shelby was once quoted as saying that the Cobra body was hammered out by alcolhoics living under bridges. Seems like the UK and Detroit have the same problems.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Life is random...so am I.

UK has lost lots of the makes we had and many are foreign owned but the UK still houses Lotus, Noble, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, Morgan, Bristol, Maclaren, Westfield, Arial.......
Perhaps you forgot what I think are some of the best looking cars around......Aston Martins!

Old 11-07-2007, 06:36 PM

ok, ya got me. I never really pay much attention to the rest of UKs cars..
although, could you clearify which one of those manufatures makes their own engines?
AM- Ford
morgan - BMW
Lotus - Honda and Toyota
Noble - Ford
Jaguar - Ford
Maclaren - Mercedes (I never actually had to spell this)
Bentley ?
Rolls?
WestField?
Arial?

Point is, any country that made the MG, no matter how long ago the 1970s were, doesn't deserve to critique any other cars for at lease another 300 years..
damn SU carbs!!..
I kid of course.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by MightyMouse
ok, ya got me. I never really pay much attention to the rest of UKs cars..
although, could you clearify which one of those manufatures makes their own engines?
AM- Ford
morgan - BMW
Lotus - Honda and Toyota
Noble - Ford
Jaguar - Ford
Maclaren - Mercedes (I never actually had to spell this)
Bentley ? VW W12 (brand owners)
Rolls? BMW (brand owners)
WestField? OPTIONS INCLUDE FORD / GM /Suzuki Hayabusa BIKE ENGINE
Arial? HONDA

Point is, any country that made the MG, no matter how long ago the 1970s were, doesn't deserve to critique any other cars for at lease another 300 years..
damn SU carbs!!..
I kid of course.

Not good so I have come up with one more - Al Melling MCD and the Hellcat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melling_Hellcat

You missed the a fun one - Bristol - really odd ball - the Blenheim 3G is $300K for the ugliest thing you ever saw - makes everything the MG plant made look sensiable! Don't know what to think about the "fighter"

SU carbs - now they are a laugh - my boss has just bought a 1975 Rolls, 6.75L V8 with twin SU's - one web site said 189bhp! Can't fault the ride or lack of road noise though.