Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

california crossfire owners

Old 11-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default california crossfire owners

So my names Scott I just bought 2004 crossfire 6 speed. My mother bought one when I was a sophomore in high school she drove the car 3 times after she bought it one of those was from the dealer to the house, she thought it was too low and she felt she was run off the road with it so I took advantage of a great opportunity and drove the car for a year she thought it was a waste for me to drive so she sold the car. Long story short I just graduated high school and started college sold my lifted Silverado and bought a crossfire 6 speed to start having fun again and catching even more of the girls eyes as I drive by. But I am wonder if there is enough people close to the Burbank Ca area that would want to start a cruise or a couple race days at willow springs (which I have never been to but want to) or irwindale 1/8mile drag strip on Thursday nights?

Old 11-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Banned
Default Re: california crossfire owners

i'm in Ca. Ventura area, HDDP races his crossfire check him out !

Old 11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott,

Congratulations on your new ride.

Willow Springs has a lot of track days. As mentioned HDDP is there quite often. He may even have a season pass LOL

Several other members have gone there as well. The California Speedway in Fontana also has a number of track days usually on the interior road course.

Haven't heard much about Xfires at Irwindale, but would probably be fun.

We had a small GTG down in Anaheim last month and several of us got to meet FTF. It would be fun to do another soon (with even more attending)

Mike in Orange is trying to set up a detail clinic at Maguiars in Orange County. I think it has been postponed till after the first of the year. Search for the threads.

Good luck on the great choice.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took my crossfire to Irwindale, don't have the crossfire anymore but have been wanting to take my mazdaspeed 3 there. Let me know when you want to go, I will meet up with you.

fyi, the crossfire was third from the bottom of slowest cars there, there is some fast stuff there. I would love to line the ms3 up against the crossfire just to see how much faster my new car is. It was really embarasing, I could barely get the tires to spin in the prep spot where you warm up your tires. I think this racing season is almost over for NASA, but there are a bunch of private events I could give you the heads up on if you want, just send me a private message if you are interested. My 240sx only needs to have the front coilovers repaired and then it will be ready for track duty.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Scott, and welcome to the forum. Yeah, the Meguiar's thing won't happen until after 1.1.08 but in the meantime we can all hook up at Cars & Coffee at the Irvine Spectrum on a Saturday morning. I'll be there this weekend, and so will Z28toXFire. Anyone else want to join in??? It would be cool to have a nice collection of Crossfires show up.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Hi Scott, and welcome to the forum. Yeah, the Meguiar's thing won't happen until after 1.1.08 but in the meantime we can all hook up at Cars & Coffee at the Irvine Spectrum on a Saturday morning. I'll be there this weekend, and so will Z28toXFire. Anyone else want to join in??? It would be cool to have a nice collection of Crossfires show up.
Mike, is this a regular event or just this weekend? We are going to be out of town this time.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by collegestud
So my names Scott I just bought 2004 crossfire 6 speed. My mother bought one when I was a sophomore in high school she drove the car 3 times after she bought it one of those was from the dealer to the house, she thought it was too low and she felt she was run off the road with it so I took advantage of a great opportunity and drove the car for a year she thought it was a waste for me to drive so she sold the car. Long story short I just graduated high school and started college sold my lifted Silverado and bought a crossfire 6 speed to start having fun again and catching even more of the girls eyes as I drive by. But I am wonder if there is enough people close to the Burbank Ca area that would want to start a cruise or a couple race days at willow springs (which I have never been to but want to) or irwindale 1/8mile drag strip on Thursday nights?
I wouldn't mind hitting the 1/8 mile on a Thursday night in Iwrindale.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by collegestud
My friends and I are registered for the Dec. 8 track day at streets of willow. You're welcome to join. They offer class instruction if you wish to take one. I highly recommend it if this is your first time in a track.

http://www.speedventures.com/events/...il.aspx?id=145

I suggest to sign up right away before the event gets sold out.

Hey x'ed, so when you gonna put your new car to good use?? :-)

Old 11-21-2007, 09:03 AM

Hi Mike!

I may come out this Saturday! What time and what location at the Spectrum? I would love to meet some of you guys!!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
Mike, is this a regular event or just this weekend? We are going to be out of town this time.
It's every Saturday unless they have some other event going on - like when Ford was up at Monterey for the Concours and Historics (the event is held in the parking lot of Ford's Premier Auto Group).

Originally Posted by gr8len
Hi Mike!

I may come out this Saturday! What time and what location at the Spectrum? I would love to meet some of you guys!!
It runs from 7:00AM to around 9:00AM or so. You might want to get there a bit early if you want to park in the display lot. This is a real loose affair - no registration, no judging, no entry fees....just a bunch of cool cars from a very broad spectrum hanging out together. You never know what you'll see.

Google map to the location is HERE

Old 11-21-2007, 09:07 PM

I wouldn't mind showing up but I'll be in Las Vegas for Turkey Day and won't get back till Sunday. Hey Mike, could you please give us another reminder for the next weekend event?

Old 11-23-2007, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Brent
I wouldn't mind showing up but I'll be in Las Vegas for Turkey Day and won't get back till Sunday. Hey Mike, could you please give us another reminder for the next weekend event?
Will do...and have a safe drive back from Vegas.