Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Newbie questions for a 2004 Xfire...

Old 01-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie questions for a 2004 Xfire...

Im looking in to buying a 2004 automatic crossfire coupe.It has 14,000 miles on it and the sticker price is right at $17,000.I got some audio questions first off....for the 2004 coupe,do stock subwoofers and an amplifier come in the car? I keep reading about this, but when I went to test drive this crossfire I didnt pay attention to whether or not they were in the car or not.Also, it says on the specs that the car comes with a 6 speaker sound system, does this include the 2 tweeters in the door, or is there 6 speakers in the car AND the 2 tweeters?? Next, does anyone know for these cars since they have the premium sound system, can you replace just 1 speaker if there is a problem or do you have to replace all of the speakers if one blows out for example? ok....enuf audio questions,now for service questions.How reliable is this car? What type of problems are commonly seen with this car,and more importantly,how EXPENSIVE is it to repair this car and keep it maintained? I read somewhere that the crossfire has to have Premium gasoline,is this really true? It cant use regular?? Final question,did it take a while to adjust to the small rear view windown on the XFire?? There didnt seem to be much visibility out of the rear window,but it seems like a small price to pay for how hot this car looks.Thanks to anybody who can help answer any of these questions.It would really help in my purchasing process....

Old 01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 477 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Re: Newbie questions for a 2004 Xfire...

Originally Posted by dothedew23
Im looking in to buying a 2004 automatic crossfire coupe.It has 14,000 miles on it and the sticker price is right at $17,000.I got some audio questions first off....for the 2004 coupe,do stock subwoofers and an amplifier come in the car? I keep reading about this, but when I went to test drive this crossfire I didn't pay attention to whether or not they were in the car or not.Also, it says on the specs that the car comes with a 6 speaker sound system, does this include the 2 tweeters in the door, or is there 6 speakers in the car AND the 2 tweeters?? Next, does anyone know for these cars since they have the premium sound system, can you replace just 1 speaker if there is a problem or do you have to replace all of the speakers if one blows out for example? ok....enuf audio questions,now for service questions.How reliable is this car? What type of problems are commonly seen with this car,and more importantly,how EXPENSIVE is it to repair this car and keep it maintained? I read somewhere that the crossfire has to have Premium gasoline,is this really true? It cant use regular?? Final question,did it take a while to adjust to the small rear view window on the XFire?? There didn't seem to be much visibility out of the rear window,but it seems like a small price to pay for how hot this car looks.Thanks to anybody who can help answer any of these questions.It would really help in my purchasing process....
I have a 2004 and they all have 6 speaker systems.2 sub bass woofers behind the seats 2 mid range and 2 tweeters in the doors. I imagine you can change any pair of speakers if you desire but the stock system sounds very good IMO. Yes you should use only 91 octane fuel or higher is these cars. I use only 93 octane in mine. lower octane may due damage to the engine over a period of time. The rear window does restrict you view somewhat but it still is not a issue IMO.
As far as service oil changes are more costly. You are required to use 8 quarts of fully synthetic oil at around $6 a quart and a oil filter will cost between $12 to $22 depending on where you purchase one. The cars are reliable IMO as I have driven 10,000 trouble free miles in 8 months and my car now has 27000 and the original owner spoke with me and never had any issues either. There is info about virtually anything you want to know available on this forum and you can use the "SEARCH" box to find what you are looking for. Good Luck , You will love this car !!!

Last edited by Valk; 01-13-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:04 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dothedew23
Im looking in to buying a 2004 automatic crossfire coupe.It has 14,000 miles on it and the sticker price is right at $17,000.
Not trying to take anything away from anyone, but you should shop around a little before you drop $17,000 in an '04 Coupe.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:14 AM

A comparison - my 05 Limited w/auto and 7,000 miles was $18,000.00 AND it came with a 70,000 mile powertrain warranty - look around good deals are out there...

Old 01-14-2008, 06:53 AM

The small rear view the car has will take some time to get used to. It's easy to see other cars when backing up since we are in the land if SUVs now. I would shoot for 15K on the car. I think trade in on these cars is around 12-13 depending on condition.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:41 AM

thanks a lot guys.I tried to do some research and look around for cars all around this area but everything else was more expensive, or it was cheap,but had tons of miles on it unfortunately.what about the audio questions? Any info on those?

Old 01-14-2008, 09:27 AM

Leave the stereo alone! Bass lowers your IQ and lets others know you're not that bright to begin with! The only thing worse in those neon lights under the car.

Sorry knee Jerk reaction, peace.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:33 PM

i got my 04 crossfire auto. for 15 and it only had 17k miles on it. i lvoe this car man. some may down it but i mean im 18 and im graduating high school and i have the pimpest ride at school and like sum say its slow. well not really alot depends on the driver. but ive beaten a 3000gt by 2 cars easily from 0-100. and ive beaten a 350z off a role by half a car up to 90 but. overall man i love it. like i said im only 18 and goin to college soon. a nd if you compare my xfire to the cars that other colleges people are driving. lol id say im up on this list lol.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think that price is out of line. Three weeks ago I paid $16,700 for an 04 Xfire with a 6-speed and only 9,100 miles. The car is pretty much flawless. They were asking $20,000 on the lot and had it listed online for $18,000. I told them if they could put me in the car for $18,000, I'd buy it. So, after taxes, title etc. it was $17,993, the actual cost of the car was 16,700. You know if you're the second owner of the car, you can transfer the 7/70 powertrain warranty for $150 at any Chrysler dealership. Definitely do that. Mercedes has been making this motor and transmission for many years. It's stout. I teach German and used to live in Germany and I traveled in car circles when I lived there. These 3.2 liters are known for their robustness. Having it in such a light car is perfect. If you get your Xfire, enjoy the hell out of it. People have no idea how much these cars cost. Everyone assumes you paid a fortune for a car like this. It's the best of both worlds.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Newbie questions for a 2004 Xfire...

Originally Posted by X-FIREcmv
i got my 04 crossfire auto. for 15 and it only had 17k miles on it. i lvoe this car man. some may down it but i mean im 18 and im graduating high school and i have the pimpest ride at school and like sum say its slow. well not really alot depends on the driver. but ive beaten a 3000gt by 2 cars easily from 0-100. and ive beaten a 350z off a role by half a car up to 90 but. overall man i love it. like i said im only 18 and goin to college soon. a nd if you compare my xfire to the cars that other colleges people are driving. lol id say im up on this list lol.
On both counts you were lucky, I donot support street racing (your car/your life). Your wins were due to other drivers heart/inability to drive what they own. If you catch these cars with the right driver your Limited or Base Crossfire will get toasted. Choose your opponents wisely, and be safe.