Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrysler Customer Assistance

Old 07-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Customer Assistance

Well. unfortunately Chrysler Customer Assistance doesn't score any points with me in terms of giving customers a positive feeling that they are doing everything they can to retain customers.

In today's climate and the current position that Chyrsler is in, one would think that they would at least give you the illusion that they are trying to do all they can to keep you happy, especially to a customer who drove home both a Crossfire and Pacifica on the same day.

First person who answered my call was much more understanding even though he couldn't give me any solutions but the second person was just trying to get me off the phone. She even went so far to clearly state to me that she was empowered to provide solutions and there was just nothing she could do for me except to ask me to wait indefinitely for my problems to be resolved.

I hope nobody else on this site ever needs to get help from them.

If anybody knows someone higher up in Chrysler I can write to, I'd appreciate suggestions.

I am having technical problems with my Crossfire and the dealership is actually performing incredibly but Chrysler is coming up short.

Old 07-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Forum Regular

What technical problems are you having with your X-Fire :shock: ???

This is why I was afraid to switch to Chrysler!! Have been in Lexus and their cust service is the best hands down. Hmm, not good for X-fire buyers to get bad cust service.

I go to pick mine up tomorrow morning--you have me concerned

Old 07-11-2003, 10:19 PM
Forum Regular

BAS/ESP warning lamp turned on and my mechanics have been trying to figure out what is causing it for days.

Trying to get support from Chrysler's engineering has been making phone calls and waiting for them to never call back so I decided to give my mechanic a hand by calling the customer support number and see if we can "lick" this from both sides.

Bad mistake because it totally pissed me off on that last call, no customer, no matter how cheap or expensive a product they've bought should be told that "the reason why we have warranties is to fix new cars that arrive with problems." Jeez.

Current situation is they have a guy coming down to my dealership from the regional office to work with my mechanics to figure out what is causing the lamp to come on. I'll be there first thing Monday to watch and perhaps video this process.

I still think the car is a great car, glitches happen, I understand but they need to handle customers with a little more respect especially if they want to start dealing in luxury vehicles.

They would have made me happy by laying out a logical approach to fixing my situation, perhaps throw in a line like "we will assure you that the problem will be fixed to your satisfaction and if necessary, we'll give you another vehicle but we doubt it will have to come to that."

But instead they just told me "Well, the engineer is going to go down and see what he can find, we can't do anything else for you."

The funny thing was when I asked if it would be different if I bought a Mercedes 320SLK, the woman came back and say "Well, we can't speculate on things like that." Funny, let's state the obvious to the customer and hope he goes away.

I'm pretty sure this is just my bad luck. Good luck on your new car, you will enjoy it.

Old 07-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. I know what I'm getting into...hope all works out for your car. Please update us as things progress (or don't :cry: )

I'll let you know how my 5 hour drive back from the dealer goes tomorrow.

Old 07-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Forum Regular

I certainly will keep the board posted.

Wow, 5 hour drive? Sounds fun, remember break-in procedures and try not to create too many rolling gridlocks

Old 07-11-2003, 10:43 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by mouserider
BAS/ESP warning lamp turned on and my mechanics have been trying to figure out what is causing it for days.
Is the car acting funny, or driving weird, or is the light just on?

Old 07-11-2003, 10:57 PM
Forum Regular

Drives fine but brakes don't feel as aggressive as on the other Crossfire I drove (my dealer has two, mine and the owner's), which I later found is what the manual says will happen if the light comes on.

The initially found a bad brake pressure sensor, they replaced it and the light went off but then came back on again.

When they finally got through to Chrysler, it even went to the brake manufacturer to find out more about what could be wrong before they finally decided to send someone to the dealership.

Old 07-12-2003, 06:57 AM
Forum Regular

Wow, 5 hour drive? Sounds fun, remember break-in procedures and try not to create too many rolling gridlocks
I know--keeping it under 55 will be tough, but i feel as though I'm up for a challenge

Sorry to hear about your brake sensor. I will give them credit in the fact that they are personally sending someone out, rather than trying to handle it onlyover the phone.

Off to the airport to catch my one way flight and drive the Crossfire back--will take pics and post this weekend :lol:

Old 07-12-2003, 10:14 PM
Forum Regular

Yeah, well, between my mechanics calling them and my calls, we've created quite some noise so I'm happy that they are sending the regional guy down.

Though I'd still like to see more training for their phone crew.

Old 07-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Forum Regular

I just want to give the forum an update of my current situation.

As it turns out, the regional Chrysler engineer is a very nice guy, knowledgeable and is definitely getting headway in resolving the issue with the warning indicator.

Spent a few hours watching him work from a distance and he was either diagnosing the car with the computers, driving it with the computers attached or on the phone with Detroit.

I'm sure it wasn't an act staged for my benefit and after talking to the gentleman, I'd say he saved the brand in my mind after my less than thrilling experience with the Customer Assistance people over the phone.

Car should be ready tomorrow for me if all goes well and I'll see if Chrysler or the dealer throws in a care package for my troubles.

More updates as the situation progresses.

Old 07-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Forum Regular

My baby is home.

My dealer and the regional Chrysler engineer gets high points and all in Auburn Hills and Germany who helped over the last day or so definitely redeemed my faith in DaimlerChrysler and their efforts to push the Chrysler brand to the next level.

They have definitely retained a customer.

I will be enjoying my car!

Old 07-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear your car is fixed!Did they say what they found wrong with it?

The following users liked this post:
Aub (06-19-2020)
Old 07-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Forum Regular

Whew--that's a great relief that they resolved it.

I have a bad "rattling" problem on my rear hatch, I hope they can fix it like they did yours. It only seems to really rattle when the fin goes up. I checked it and it seems tight, but there must be something loose inside :cry:

I'll let you know what they say...

Old 07-17-2003, 02:45 AM
Forum Regular

The problem they found was with an item known as an Illumination module which controls all the lighting in the car.

This box apparently sits behind the headlight switch.

There was a problem with this box and apparently was detected as a problem with the BAS system. Something to do with the brake lights being part of the BAS system and since the brake lights are controlled by the lighting module, the problem was detected by the BAS system.

More details are coming from my mechanic when we next sit down for a unrushed chat over lunch.

Sorry to hear about your "rattling" problem, Texex91.

Check to make sure it's not the multi-purpose tool rattling. I have heard that some dealers put the tool in the compartment where the TireFit is in but there really isn't a molded holder for it there, so it might rattle.

But the fin shouldn't affect that apart from perhaps higher speed causing more vibrations, so I'm probably not guessing right.

BTW, I did get a "Thank you for your patience" gesture from Chrysler Customer Assistance. So again, my salutes and "A+" for effort on all parties involved when the going got tough.