Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Throttle Body Reset?

Old 02-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Throttle Body Reset?

Originally Posted by Chris L.
Don't ya just love that little "Bark" you can get out of the 6 speed between shifts....or during a good launch the way it kinda sounds like a giant chainsaw on steroids.....kinda makes life worth living....

I did like the bark between gears, but now all I hear is the roar of my magnaflow and my 2 12" subs beating my brains in... and I am loving every second of it LOL

Old 02-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I did like the bark between gears, but now all I hear is the roar of my magnaflow and my 2 12" subs beating my brains in... and I am loving every second of it LOL
Enjoy it while you can, with your damaged hearing when you are older they will be distant memories.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do lots of full throttle driving (foot flat to the floor accelerating) daily. Will my throttle response already know this by having already learnt my driving style or will I benefit from doing a throttle reset?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I couldn't tell any difference when I did it to my 6 speed, but can detect a big difference when I do it to my wife's automatic. In any case, it only takes a few minutes......nothing to lose.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:51 PM

I couldn't tell any difference when I did it to my 6 speed, but can detect a big difference when I do it to my wife's automatic. In any case, it only takes a few minutes......nothing to lose.
My concern is I could loose out. If I did the reset and then got stuck behind slow traffic, farm machinery etc on my way to work, it will then learn that I drive like a pufta and down tune?

Old 06-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Forum Regular

So you just keep doing it.....no matter what it will be more agressive after the reset.....

Go for the big reset....take out your battery for about a month....

Old 06-01-2010, 06:51 PM

In all likelihood (since you said you drive aggressively), you won't notice a difference.....it's already adapted to your style....

Old 06-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found this thread via the UK forum - and reset my Xfire yesterday - its an 04 auto.

It has made a big difference to the response but I did have to reload my Sat Nav as the infinity system needed resetting after the procedure.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:19 AM

I bet it really makes no differance sooner or later you have to drive without floorinf it in traffic !!!!! Right !!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 PM

In all likelihood (since you said you drive aggressively), you won't notice a difference.....it's already adapted to your style....
Thats what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

p.s. not aggresively, just spirited.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this do anything for the 6 speed manual version? I tried it several times, but heard no "click" nor felt any difference.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 AM

I have to chime in here, as I do this reset religiously.

I do not care if you think you drive your car like Steve McQueen in Bullitt everyday, at some point, everyone encounters traffic and a car in front of them that forces them to change their driving style.

Also, I am not quite sure why, but the reset seems to be very particular about being exact or it will not work. What I recommend for the naysayers, disconnect the negative terminal of your battery for 30+ mins, reconnect, and drive her like you stole her. If you still can not tell a difference then there is something wrong.... with you

I can not comment on the SRT as I do not own one, but for my 6 speed with some mods, it really makes a difference....

Old 06-03-2010, 10:39 AM

talk to a chrysler rep yesterday he said this reset makes no differance !!! Maybe on the first take off & thats it !!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 11:41 AM

I guess a good question then is, after a reset (either us intentionally doing it or the car doing it based upon how you've driven recently), how much "current" driving time (style) is required until it makes a "new" adjustment? Surely one brief episode in traffic doesn't induce a reset???

Old 06-03-2010, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
talk to a chrysler rep yesterday he said this reset makes no differance !!! Maybe on the first take off & thats it !!!!!!!!!!
I would check his qualifications... last time i read the service manual, they don't mention a throttle reset, so I would only have to assume he is blowing smoke. This trick is a carry over from the Mercedes family, not inherent only to the Crossfire.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I do not care if you think you drive your car like Steve McQueen in Bullitt everyday, at some point, everyone encounters traffic and a car in front of them that forces them to change their driving style.
If thats the case, then surely when you next have a spirited drive it will re-learn itself again. Therefore is there any point doing the reset at all?

My car rarely see's traffic as I live in the countryside so its gets driven hard more often than it gets driven sedately.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:56 PM

Most chrysler 'reps' do not even know what kind and amount of oil we take, much less the inner workings of a mercedes ECU and drive by wire system.

I guess a good question then is, after a reset (either us intentionally doing it or the car doing it based upon how you've driven recently), how much "current" driving time (style) is required until it makes a "new" adjustment? Surely one brief episode in traffic doesn't induce a reset???
Been trying to figure this out for a long time, but doing it once a week or so for me keeps the car acting the way I want it to....

Old 06-03-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bazzer
If thats the case, then surely when you next have a spirited drive it will re-learn itself again. Therefore is there any point doing the reset at all?

My car rarely see's traffic as I live in the countryside so its gets driven hard more often than it gets driven sedately.
In your situation, you may not need it.

I am not going to sit here and try to convince people if they do not want to take advantage of this - don't. It makes a difference in MY car (2005 6 speed coupe) it makes a huge deal when I drive my parents (2005 limited roadster).

Old 06-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Forum Regular

been there done that...it makes a difference! And makes a huge difference the longer its not hooked up to a battery!

Pointless arguement!
Check with the merc. guys they will tell you the same thing!

If ya don't want all the cars capable of don't do it.....we will just go right by ya

Old 06-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Ed,, nothing personal to you...but, I haven't met anyone from a Chrysler dealership that knows squat about these cars....and I know the owner of the local one personally...they have learned more from me, than me from them....it does make a big difference as does the sprint booster...

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Reset?