Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

How much to offer? Or offer anything at all..?

Old 12-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How much to offer? Or offer anything at all..?

I probably started to annoy some of you with my questions but I really do not want to make a bad decision. With you guys' help, i dumped the white crossfire.

Now there is this one which i mentioned before, it has a transmission leak. it is a 6 speed car, with 55k miles, black. We came to an agreement at $9000 but now it has a transmission leak, they told me to negotiate the price. So I was thinking to offer 8500 out to door, everything included( taxes and all other fees). what do you guys think? should I go lower or is that reasonable?

Or

Should I not even touch this car with a 10ft pole? as of right now, we have no idea where the leak is coming from. they just told me the transmission starting to leak.

Thanks.

P.S. if this doesnt work, i have one option left and it is a 65k miles car for $9000, it is black, limited edition. which i dont really want because i think the miles are too high for the money. Man i am stressing myself over this too much i think lol

Last edited by Musclefan21; 12-11-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How much to offer? Or offer anything at all..?

In my opinion, you are stressig yourself way too much about this. i also think you're trying to jam this purchase into your pocket, and I've always found this to be detrimental to my best interests whenever i've tried to do something like this.

the first white one, ok, you passed it by, for probably good reason. Then the black one has a tranny leak, and noone knows where it's coming from? Not good, but probably fixable. The last one too many miles, I think is a reasonable assessment.

My suggestion is to wait for the right one. I found my white 2006 coupe in dec 2008 for 14,500, 10K on the clock, perfect condition, so they're out there, and just wait a bit and you'll find one that's right for you.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Just curious why you decided against the white one? Have you considered an SRT? Just make sure that an N/A is what you want. I was dead set on a six speed and the SRT's don't come with a 6 speed but if you are looking for a really fast car then you should check one out in your decision process.I am happy with my Ltd but that's me.
I think the transmission leak was an issue in the 04's? It is something that is fixable. That said I'd look for a lower mileage car. Like mdaniels said "they are out there, just be patient".

Old 12-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My search for my XF took about a year. I was VERY excited about the Crossfire, but decided to take my time and continued my search on AutoTrader and Ebay. I test drove a few and continued to wait. then one day, almost like a miracle, my baby appeared on AutoTrader in April of this year...and she was only living 2 hours away. My XF is the EXACT car I was looking for-- '05 Aero Blue with two-tone gray interior--- and 2800 miles on the odometer was the icing on the cake!

Best of luck in your search,

Monty

Old 12-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

keep looking, I have looked at a lot of them lately. The leak is fixable, all leaks are, now if the tranny was making noise, not shifting correctly, then walk away...what is your timeline...I have 6 months left before I have to pull the trigger...

Old 12-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Musclefan21
I probably started to annoy some of you with my questions but I really do not want to make a bad decision. With you guys' help, i dumped the white crossfire.

Now there is this one which i mentioned before, it has a transmission leak. it is a 6 speed car, with 55k miles, black. We came to an agreement at $9000 but now it has a transmission leak, they told me to negotiate the price. So I was thinking to offer 8500 out to door, everything included( taxes and all other fees). what do you guys think? should I go lower or is that reasonable?

Or

Should I not even touch this car with a 10ft pole? as of right now, we have no idea where the leak is coming from. they just told me the transmission starting to leak.

Thanks.

P.S. if this doesnt work, i have one option left and it is a 65k miles car for $9000, it is black, limited edition. which i dont really want because i think the miles are too high for the money. Man i am stressing myself over this too much i think lol
feats of daring-do with the search function on this website would be a good place to start. i'd follow monty's advice if i were you. crossfires aren't for those faint of wallet, extended warranty, nor non-mechanically inclined.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Stop this replying to this thread. He changed his mind and is buying the while one. Here:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...od-deal-2.html

Old 12-12-2009, 08:09 PM

hey, don't tell me what to do............lol

Old 12-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
hey, don't tell me what to do............lol
Never!

Just trying to help others spend their time better. Hopefully things went well for Musclefan21's
purchase today.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:28 PM

me too.....

Old 12-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Allright Oledoc.... You have been warned! LOL

Old 12-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Stop this replying to this thread. He changed his mind and is buying the while one. Here:

well, okay...if you insist. you have my full endorsement, though, as his crossfire intermediary should something crop up.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire

Here is my new ride... FINALLY