Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Brake Pad Replacement

Old 04-22-2010, 05:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pad Replacement

Can anyone on the forum direct me to illustrated instructions on "How to replace the brake pads, front and back, on '04 Chrysler Crossfire Limited"? I want to replace them with a set of Rotex Gold that I ordered yesterday. The brake dust drives me crazy. I can get the instructions from the Mercedes SLK230 forum completely illustrated. Are they the same? Don't let the Mercedes forum out-perform this one. My last car was a '98 Mercedes SLK. The electrical, vacuum, hydraulic operated top system failed and rendered the car useless. The entire car runs on this system. I loved the car, but the repairs were too expensive. I really hated having to leave the Mercedes forum. The members there were very knowledgeable and helpful. The Crossfire rides much better and is faster than the SLK230. I'm also replacing the radio with a Blaupunkt London MP48 I ordered over the internet for $89.00. The original radio performs well when it wants to. Sometimes it freezes and won't do anything. The Blaupunkt is a perfect plug and play connection.
Thanks,
EOLJR

Last edited by EOLJR; 04-22-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Brake Pad Replacement

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ollection.html

we have the enitre service manual right here, don't mind the srt-6 in the title the N/A stuff is there to

Old 04-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by manisusmc
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ollection.html

we have the enitre service manual right here, don't mind the srt-6 in the title the N/A stuff is there to
It's definitely worth downloading the whole Service Manual, but attached is the Brakes section.

Attached Files
Old 04-22-2010, 02:45 PM

Did mine a couple of weeks ago using Andrew's written instrutions https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post469750 Really didn't need pics but thought about doing it for the diy writeup but I spent most of my time painting calipers with multiple coats of red during 30+ mph gusts of wind. So I didn't photograph much. Only tip I might have is on Jacking-up and jack stand placement using the standard jack pads underneath. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post483535 . Good Luck and good mod.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by burkerust
It does not... You're just getting to that age where you bleed easily lol

Old 04-22-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
It does not... You're just getting to that age where you bleed easily lol
Well that's true, I guess that's why the doc put me on diabetes meds. It's hell to get old and pay for your earlier sins.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:02 PM

Thanks for all the help. I will definitely download the brake section now. I'll download the complete manual later. I'm an older person myself that usually has someone else do my auto work lately. I've replaced brake pads before in my younger years when some of the older cars rear brakes could drive you crazy. It seems a sin to pay somone else to do such an easy job. The old rear brake "shoes" and the emergency brake cable can be a real headache. The rear pads on the Crossfire seems to be a cinch if you don't have to remove the calipers.
Thanks,
EOLJR