Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Flashing lights?

Old 03-13-2022, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Flashing lights?

Originally Posted by TheDon
Anyone ever experience where the car flashes the fogs and marker lights when off? There is no alarm sounding.

It happened once yesterday and again today. I'm wondering why this is happening, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Don
Don,

Same thing for my 2004.
Turns out the car was reading the key fab panic circuitry as ON.
The only way to make all the flashing stop was to open the key fab (screwdriver) and remove the batteries.
Yes, that means key open and lock from now on.
Impossible to flash panic off the key fab.

Old 03-13-2022, 01:40 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

2010 string.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:45 AM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray91
Don,

Same thing for my 2004.
The only way to make all the flashing stop was to open the key fab (screwdriver) and remove the batteries.
1) Don has not been here since 2014, with threads that are so old, try this to see if the poster is still active: Left click "TheDon", click "public profile", observe that he last checked in on Janary 1, 2014.
2) The car was not "reading the key panic circuitry", the FOB was sending errant transmissions to the SKREEM, evidence of this was that removing the batteries put a stop to it. You need a new FOB.
3) I don't know what you intended to say in your last sentence.

Old 03-14-2022, 02:08 PM
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts

Don,

Same thing for my 2004.

Ray91, may be a longshot but have you inspected the red panic button on the FOB? IF the little red 'pin' behind the panic button is stuck pressing the button on the circuit board, it'll set off the alarm. Anyway, check to see if the little red plastic pin (part of the red panic button on the FOB) is pushed in on the FOB making the alarm sound off. If that was the problem, it would give you some time to find, learn how to, and replace the FOB case. IF you replace the FOB case (easily done with the .pdf located in the document collection, & some patience), make sure you transfer that little black chip located in the FOB case. That 'chip' is necessary for the car to start. IF you lose it, it'll cost you a lot in monies and time because the process for getting a replacement is both time and money intensive for a replacement key, as a key without that chip will not start the car. Good luck!

Old 03-14-2022, 03:49 PM
Received 550 Likes on 462 Posts

Don,

Same thing for my 2004.
I don’t worry about flashing lights unless they are red and blue.

Old 03-21-2022, 09:59 AM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Ray91, may be a longshot but have you inspected the red panic button on the FOB? IF the little red 'pin' behind the panic button is stuck pressing the button on the circuit board, it'll set off the alarm. Anyway, check to see if the little red plastic pin (part of the red panic button on the FOB) is pushed in on the FOB making the alarm sound off. If that was the problem, it would give you some time to find, learn how to, and replace the FOB case. IF you replace the FOB case (easily done with the .pdf located in the document collection, & some patience), make sure you transfer that little black chip located in the FOB case. That 'chip' is necessary for the car to start. IF you lose it, it'll cost you a lot in monies and time because the process for getting a replacement is both time and money intensive for a replacement key, as a key without that chip will not start the car. Good luck!

The mercedesSwapshop on Instagram can duplicate keys. He’s got the whole setup. Decent price. Turnaround is about 7-10 days

Last edited by pizzaguy; 03-21-2022 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Fixed broken tags because it irritates me.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:07 PM
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by richb55
The mercedesSwapshop on Instagram can duplicate keys. He’s got the whole setup. Decent price. Turnaround is about 7-10 days

If it is a simple jammed switch in the FOB, why replace the whole thing? Also, no matter who provides a service for keys, I am sure it is pretty expensive, right?