Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

SRT4 turned Xfire

Old 06-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT4 turned Xfire

Whats up everyone,my name is Anthony and I recently sold my 2005 SRT4 and got a pretty good deal on my 06' Crossfire...I feel in love with this car after a friend let me drive his. To be honest I never thought I would have bought a 2dr but its happened! Heres a few pics

my old babay
ColorSplashImage2.jpg

sold turned to this
52.jpg
asfsdf.jpg
dfghsdg.jpg
ktyukj.jpg
xxcvb.jpg
eert.jpg

Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: SRT4 turned Xfire

Looking Good ,,,Congrats.... AND Welcome to the forum

Howard.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Trust me... you just did an upgrade. I am tired of hearing people on this forum say they traded their Crossfire for a SRT4. Nice to hear the opposite for a change.

Who would trade a Crossfire for a SRT4 anyway? I think the SRT4 is an ugly 4 door car. It isn't a sports car. If I saw one on the road I would say it is just your average Japanese ricer sedan wanna be sports car! The same applies to the people that take a pickup and lower it with flowmasters. If you want a sports car just buy a sports car! If you want a pickup truck then just buy a pickup truck and leave it as such!

Sorry to offend anyone.... just speaking my mind I have issues!

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 06-24-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:06 PM

Well, some would say a 3200 lb car with 215bhp isn't a sports car either. So he went from a car that weighs less with more power to a heavier car with less power, but actually turns. I had a SRT-4 before I got the SRT-6 and I consider that I traded up, but I drove a limited before I decided on the SRT-6 and I would have considered that a sidegrade.

Just my opinion.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
Trust me... you just did an upgrade. I am tired of hearing people on this forum say they traded their Crossfire for a SRT4. Nice to hear the opposite for a change.

Who would trade a Crossfire for a SRT4 anyway? I think the SRT4 is an ugly 4 door car. It isn't a sports car. If I saw one on the road I would say it is just your average Japanese ricer sedan wanna be sports car! The same applies to the people that take a pickup and lower it with flowmasters. If you want a sports car just buy a sports car! If you want a pickup truck then just buy a pickup truck and leave it as such!

Sorry to offend anyone.... just speaking my mind I have issues!

I am a happy Crossfire owner so don't take me the wrong way. That being said, the SRT-4 with it's 4-door sedan typical economic appearance has an undeniably powerfull beast under the hood that can be easily modded with the type of aftermarket support there are for those cars. I currently have an SRT-4 and Crossfire coupe (N/A) in my driveway, and after driving the Crossfire daily when I drive the Neon I find myself caught between a rock and a hard place. The power that thing puts down and acceleration make it a very fun and enjoyable ride, however, I am not and would not consider trading my Crossfire for ANYTHING right now. I'm as happy as can be with one of each in the drive.

BTW the SRT-4 is a stock (non-staged) running 3 inch turbo back, K&N cold air, BC sport coilover suspension, and a short throw shifter. I deleted the ECU controlled boost solenoids and it's holding 17-18 psi in all 5 gears. In other words it's a little four cylinder beast.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLK04LMTD
I am a happy Crossfire owner so don't take me the wrong way. That being said, the SRT-4 with it's 4-door sedan typical economic appearance has an undeniably powerfull beast under the hood that can be easily modded with the type of aftermarket support there are for those cars. I currently have an SRT-4 and Crossfire coupe (N/A) in my driveway, and after driving the Crossfire daily when I drive the Neon I find myself caught between a rock and a hard place. The power that thing puts down and acceleration make it a very fun and enjoyable ride, however, I am not and would not consider trading my Crossfire for ANYTHING right now. I'm as happy as can be with one of each in the drive.

BTW the SRT-4 is a stock (non-staged) running 3 inch turbo back, K&N cold air, BC sport coilover suspension, and a short throw shifter. I deleted the ECU controlled boost solenoids and it's holding 17-18 psi in all 5 gears. In other words it's a little four cylinder beast.
I am not knocking the SRT4. I am just saying I would never trade the Crossfire for one. I may buy the SRT4 on the side but would never give up a crossfire for one. The SRT4 is powerful (I am aware of that) but it is an economical 4 door sedan that looks like most cars out on the street. It is a practical car.

The SRT4 is like the newer GTO. It looks like a cavalier with a beast engine (not that there is anything wrong with a Cavalier). But you expect a car like that with so much power to have a unique shape or different visual appearance. Something that makes it look like a sports car with a body worthy of such an engine.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:47 PM

ur welcome ant im glad my xfire made u fall in love with this car

Old 06-24-2010, 05:49 PM

I am not knocking the SRT4. I am just saying I would never trade the Crossfire for one. I may buy the SRT4 on the side but would never give up a crossfire for one. The SRT4 is powerful (I am aware of that) but it is an economical 4 door sedan that looks like most cars out on the street. It is a practical car.

The SRT4 is like the newer GTO. It looks like a cavalier with a beast engine (not that there is anything wrong with a Cavalier). But you expect a car like that with so much power to have a unique shape or different visual appearance. Something that makes it look like a sports car with a body worthy of such an engine.
They are apples and oranges. Nobody looking for a 2 seat sports car is going to even look at an SRT-4, but nobody looking for a fast car that can also haul groceries and the kids is ever going to look at a Crossfire. Also price plays a huge role in what people buy. New price on an 04 Crossfire was what, 32-34 grand? A new 04 SRT-4 was $20,995 MSRP. The price point was the reason the SRT-4 couldn't get all new bodywork to make it look worthy of such an engine. I have just as much fun in my SRT-6 as I did in my SRT-4, but they are different kinds of fun. The SRT-6 is fun to take through all the round-a-bouts and leave stoplights, but the SRT-4 was more fun on the highway with a devilish grin knowing if someone pulled up next to me at 70mph and wanted to get down, they better have a metric shitton of hp if they wanted to keep up. The aftermarket support for those cars is 50 times better than the Crossfire has.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:51 PM

I apologize I did not intend to accuse you of knocking the SRT-4, just voicing my simple minded opinion. lol Buddies? HAHA!

To the OP congrats, the Crossfire is an incredible car. I have yet to stop somewhere with mine without someone making a comment about it (usually 85% positive comments too, unless some ****** bag's sexy girlfriend likes the car at Walgreens and he bashes it to try and save face for driving a Saturn Ion. Personal experience. LOL).

Old 06-24-2010, 06:23 PM

who whoa whoa!!! The srt4 are fun cars, yes NOT similar to a crossfire..but try this on for size
bought the srt4 for 15k had to replace the following in less than a year

-block (1500$)
-head (300 used)
-Charge pipe (200)
-bov with pipe (250)
-new tires!

i seriouslly had no life with this car...It was worked on and worked on
It spent more time with problems than I did driving it.
Even after having all the issued fixed, there was still problems arising, SO with that said, Having come from an SRT4, with NO DOUBT I consider this car a HUGE upgrade, I wanted an auto but I am not complaining.
Tghe engine is covererd for the life of the vehicle from the dealer,
and I purchased the additional warranty from my bank which literally covers everything on the car minus the clutch and tires (wear items) not to mention the fact whoever had this car before me babied it and installed a sick system in it. No rattling just straaight bass without the rattling...
BTW Yes i miss the boost, but the chrysler crossfire>SRT4 in my opinion, speed no, but Im going to be starting my Nuclear Medicine program and cant worry aboout car problems now....

Old 06-24-2010, 06:28 PM

oh and your curious, these pictures were taken with a iPhone not bad...the pano was created with a free app I downloaded