Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Basic Warranty Advice

Old 02-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic Warranty Advice

I have an '08 coupe which is still covered under the basic 3/36 manufacturers warranty.

I have recently noticed stress cracks in the passenger side headlight lens. There's no obvious point of impact from which they originated. I think it's only in the clearcoat, but that's not the point. They are spreading like a spider's web.

The dealer said he could not replace the asssembly because as soon as he returned it to Chyrsler, they would disallow the claim. Their position would be that some impact engendered the problem and thus it would not be covered under the warranty.

Any ideas from enthusiasts with more knowledge than me??????

Thanks.

Don

Old 02-08-2011, 03:26 AM
Default Re: Basic Warranty Advice

Raise hell with somebody...............I find emails and phone calls for a week always turns up more than I had to begin with. No loss all gain.
Who started the rumor that headlight lenses were 'wear and tear' equipment. Of course there are people in the dealers that could confirm your problem, but they would be fired.

quote=Don Hiltz]I have an '08 coupe which is still covered under the basic 3/36 manufacturers warranty.

I have recently noticed stress cracks in the passenger side headlight lens. There's no obvious point of impact from which they originated. I think it's only in the clearcoat, but that's not the point. They are spreading like a spider's web.

The dealer said he could not replace the asssembly because as soon as he returned it to Chyrsler, they would disallow the claim. Their position would be that some impact engendered the problem and thus it would not be covered under the warranty.

Any ideas from enthusiasts with more knowledge than me??????

Thanks.

Don[/quote]

Old 02-08-2011, 03:29 AM

Ps Don,
I certainly can't say I have more knowledge than you; I am just sick of being constantly victimized. From there comes my encouragement to be assertive.
Richard

Old 02-08-2011, 08:31 AM

Honestly, take it to Facebook. I know it sounds weird but I know that 90% of the angry posts on Chrysler's Facebook page regarding broken part or warranty claims are replied with a message from Chrysler Customer Care. If you make it a point to say that Crossfire buyers need to have faith in the company they bought from, guaranteed you'll see something happen.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by phyrephlyte
Ps Don,
I certainly can't say I have more knowledge than you; I am just sick of being constantly victimized. From there comes my encouragement to be assertive.
Richard
Did your analyst tell you that?

Old 02-08-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Did your analyst tell you that?

Actually, yes. He said there is no way that I could discern whether I am smarter than Don, within the framework of our little forum.

PP

Old 02-11-2011, 10:36 AM

I wanted to bring everyone up to date on this issue since there was a favorable outcome.

As suggested, I contacted Chrysler and was assigned a case manager. She reviewed my situation and, based on my customer loyalty (11 Mopars in the past 22 years), she offered me a deal I couldn't refuse: Chrysler will replace the headlight assembly and charge me a $50 copay.

I've heard that new units are in the $700 range so I was quick to accept her offer.

Thanks to those who responded; I appreciate your input.

Don

Old 02-11-2011, 10:39 AM

Outstanding. Great to hear Chrysler is taking care of you!