Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Random Flashing lights and siren

Old 08-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Flashing lights and siren

Has anyone had a problem with their Crossfire anti-theft system malfunctioning? Now my siren in my 2005 randomly goes off and my fog lights randomly flash at other times. I can make it stop by unlocking and re-locking the doors with my fob.

Have seen a lot of ideas and suggestions,,, bad SKREEM module, weak battery, corroded batter cables, fob battery,,, etc. BTW,,, took it to the dealer.. no error codes, battery is good. Can anyone help???? Thanks

Last edited by mkemike1; 08-01-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Re: Random Flashing lights and siren

Sorry to hear of your problem, you didn't say what year you have but a few have had trouble with the siren internal batteries corroding and that causing problems. I would replace the siren if it is over 6 years old and go from there. The batteries in the fob will not cause the siren to go off, could you have accidentially set it off with something in your pocket hitting the button? Best advice I can offer is not to take it back to the dealer or your going to need a lot of moey.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 PM

Thanks GG,,, its a 2005,, happens at random time, so it not a butt dial,, will follow up on siren,,, and OH YES,,, I learned my lesson with the dealerships,,, a lot of head scratching, guessing and needless parts replacement. Appreciate your reply

Old 08-01-2012, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by mkemike1
Has anyone had a problem with their Crossfire anti-theft system malfunctioning? Now my siren in my 2005 randomly goes off and my fog lights randomly flash at other times. I can make it stop by unlocking and re-locking the doors with my fob.

Have seen a lot of ideas and suggestions,,, bad SKREEM module, weak battery, corroded batter cables, fob battery,,, etc. BTW,,, took it to the dealer.. no error codes, battery is good. Can anyone help???? Thanks
Have you had a lot of rain lately? Was your car out in it? Water infiltration into the "trunk" area will collect on the floor and cause numerous intermittent electrical problems. It's happened to me . Occasionally this water will show itself by causing consensation on the bottom of the trunk floor cover or even as a little puddle in the bottom of the styrofoam first-aid kit compartment. Only way to check for sure is to get the foam out and look. Just my $.02.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same issue, still not resolved. Originally though, my alarm went off and couldn't be turned off with the key. It even went off while driving. I brought it to the place I bought it and they replaced the siren (I assume, since I now have the chirp indicative of the newer sirens). However, the alarm will still go off at random on me but at least now I can shut it off. It also does not go off if I haven't locked the door, so at least there is a little bit of method to the madness. I've also replaced the key fob batteries just to be safe... And my battery checked out fine..

Old 08-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by rayth
I have the same issue, still not resolved. Originally though, my alarm went off and couldn't be turned off with the key. It even went off while driving. I brought it to the place I bought it and they replaced the siren (I assume, since I now have the chirp indicative of the newer sirens). However, the alarm will still go off at random on me but at least now I can shut it off. It also does not go off if I haven't locked the door, so at least there is a little bit of method to the madness. I've also replaced the key fob batteries just to be safe... And my battery checked out fine..
+1 on the above post by rayth.^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 08-05-2012, 07:11 PM

I had the same problem. I found that it was the siren. I disconnected the siren until I could replace it. Once I disconnected the siren the problem went away. I understand that there is a battery in the siren and when this battery fails it ill result in the symtoms we have had.

Good luck...

Old 08-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The siren seems to be the easiest thing to replace (aside from the battery)... aside from that it seems its either the SKREEM thing that gets the signal or the whole alarm/locking thing under the styrofoam in the trunk.. not sure what next steps are to check either of those but it sounds like a pain in the ***.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 PM

Bump!
Same issues here

Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 AM

Fixed our problem

Lots of dead end recommendations on this one,,, mostly from the dealer who does not have a clue. Two or three likely suspects are the Screamer module, the sensors in the door locks, and the siren itself.

We started with the sensors in the doors which did nothing except lighten my wallet.

We replaced the siren and that fixed the problem. We looked at aftermarket sirens but were cautioned against it.

Don't know if this will fix your problem but it sure fixed ours

Best of luck

Mike