Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Alarm Won't Let Car Start

Old 06-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alarm Won't Let Car Start

Originally Posted by Kris C.
Is the SKREEM the module that makes the chirp when the fob is clicked? I read that replacing one of the alarm module with the newer version will make it chirp, as it didn't used to.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post216162
Quote from post "IF YOU WANT YOUR CAR TO CHIRP, REPLACE YOUR SIREN WITH PART#5124443AA.
Again, IF YOU WANT YOUR CAR TO CHIRP, REPLACE YOUR SIREN WITH PART#5124443AA. "

Old 06-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Nope.. Skreem is just the keeper of the gateway.. nothing goes on without the proper code.. The actual alarm located under the front cowl cover is what does the chirping with the newer replacements.

Okay.. Ill just go back to work..

Old 06-26-2013, 08:40 PM

Aw, okay then. Turns out my insurance is going to cover everything, but the part (the immobilizer) has to be sent off for because it's an exchange kinda thing. So my car will be stuck in the shop for a week or so. Hopefully sooner since I was planning on going out of town on Wednesday.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:56 AM
Unhappy Re: Alarm Won't Let Car Start

Car 2004 did the exact same thing, locked fine in the morning, no response later to the fob, alarm when I opened the door, door/hatch/gas door do not respond to the dash switch. Car almost started, hen the third try nothing. Battery is strong, been replaced. Tow truck tried to jump it, nothing. So my alarm is barely audible and has been that way for years. The door vacuum control sounds like a good possibility, but I cannot open the hatch. Is there a manual way to open it? Anyone found the real problem?

Old 07-31-2014, 06:46 PM

This just happened to me 2 hours ago. My 2004 crossfire would not recognize my fob. So like everyone else I used my actual key. When I opened the door the alarm went off. Called AAA to figure it out. They tried to jump me which didn't work. Then he used the actual key to lock and unlock the door several times in a row which helped disable the alarm. Still did not start up. Then he detached the + from the battery for a few minutes. This did set the alarm off again, but when he reattached the + then jumped it again it started up like a champ!! Key fob worked and everything!!
My assessment is that once the car goes into alarm mode and doesn't recognize the fob then you have to reset the system to recalibrate the alarm and the fob. So if this happens to anyone else, detach the + from the battery for 5 min, then reattach, jump and everything should work itself out! Hope this info helps!!

Old 09-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So any word on the repairs what did dealership & up doing & did it work ???

Old 11-06-2014, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by spankgo
This just happened to me 2 hours ago. My 2004 crossfire would not recognize my fob. So like everyone else I used my actual key. When I opened the door the alarm went off. Called AAA to figure it out. They tried to jump me which didn't work. Then he used the actual key to lock and unlock the door several times in a row which helped disable the alarm. Still did not start up. Then he detached the + from the battery for a few minutes. This did set the alarm off again, but when he reattached the + then jumped it again it started up like a champ!! Key fob worked and everything!!
My assessment is that once the car goes into alarm mode and doesn't recognize the fob then you have to reset the system to recalibrate the alarm and the fob. So if this happens to anyone else, detach the + from the battery for 5 min, then reattach, jump and everything should work itself out! Hope this info helps!!

I can attest to this. I was just researching this forum to see if anyone else had the issu i went through. So my story is this. I was driving the car fine (tested the batter last month when i got an oil change and it was strong) to work in the morning and then set the alarm and went to work. After work the FOB would not unlock my car. So just like the first guy in the post i thought "hey why not just use the key manually to unlock." Did that and BOOM the alarm went off. So i tried starting the key and it would not start, but all the lights and icons lit up. So i figured maybe needs a jump So the jump didn't work. I went home grabbed my spare FOB and that did not unlock/disarm the alarm. So i thought i had a starter problem. So called AAA. They guy hooked the car to the tow and the alarm kept going off, so he disarmed the negative part of the battery and towed it to the dealership which was closed due to after hours. When we got to the dealership the tow guy reconnected the battery, and BOOM he was able to start the car and the spare did work after that. So I drove it home

A day later, I went and got the first FOB and it did not unlock or lock the car (so battery dead most likely or need to resynch it) but the spare FOB did work. So my conclusion is once the alarm goes off its a master kill switch and wont allow you to start the car no matter what even with a spare FOB and the only way to do so is reset the car by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it and then using teh spare. So my experience is exactly what spankgo encountered. I spent four hours out of my life yesterday for a darn key battery issue (atleast i'm assuming that was the problem)

So before spending all that money at a dealership. Disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes and try again (might have to sync your FOB since you replaced the battery)

Last edited by RudeDude; 11-06-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:32 PM

It's 2017 and this just happen to me today November 11, 2017 a cold day on the east coast. Thanks to those who posted the solution. Without repeating what happen to everybody who had this issue, the solution was accurate with a slight difference. I disconnected my positive battery pole and waited for 20 mins and then it started!!!! Waiting 5 mins did not work for me. Now all I have to do is reprogram my key/fob. It's not locking my car.

Don't tow you car. Follow the steps. It works.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:18 AM

This is a great tip to remember, simple but effective, and no cost but a little time, brilliant

Old 01-03-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by RudeDude
I can attest to this. I was just researching this forum to see if anyone else had the issu i went through. So my story is this. I was driving the car fine (tested the batter last month when i got an oil change and it was strong) to work in the morning and then set the alarm and went to work. After work the FOB would not unlock my car. So just like the first guy in the post i thought "hey why not just use the key manually to unlock." Did that and BOOM the alarm went off. So i tried starting the key and it would not start, but all the lights and icons lit up. So i figured maybe needs a jump So the jump didn't work. I went home grabbed my spare FOB and that did not unlock/disarm the alarm. So i thought i had a starter problem. So called AAA. They guy hooked the car to the tow and the alarm kept going off, so he disarmed the negative part of the battery and towed it to the dealership which was closed due to after hours. When we got to the dealership the tow guy reconnected the battery, and BOOM he was able to start the car and the spare did work after that. So I drove it home

A day later, I went and got the first FOB and it did not unlock or lock the car (so battery dead most likely or need to resynch it) but the spare FOB did work. So my conclusion is once the alarm goes off its a master kill switch and wont allow you to start the car no matter what even with a spare FOB and the only way to do so is reset the car by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it and then using teh spare. So my experience is exactly what spankgo encountered. I spent four hours out of my life yesterday for a darn key battery issue (atleast i'm assuming that was the problem)

So before spending all that money at a dealership. Disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes and try again (might have to sync your FOB since you replaced the battery)
Hi All.. this happened to me twice before.. Once when the keyfob battery died, and my wife tried opening/starting with the key. Dont remember what caused the other time... But both times, disconnecting the battery for few mins worked. This time however, no such luck. After sitting for a couple of weeks, the car would not unlock with either remote. When I opened with the key , and tried starting, it dies instantly (but it did start for a sec, so battery is not dead). Now, even after I disconnect the battery (and also have it on charger for an hour), still no luck with remote (new remote batteries btw). And when I turn the key to ON (even after disconnecting battery) there's nothing, no crank, not a click. All along, no alarm sound, but when the key is inserted, sounds like there's a motor or a fan running.. like low-intensity humming (maybe thats my castrated alarm?.. but only when the key is in).. So again, seems that resetting the battery I dont get my 3 tries anymore. I am pretty sure I havent used up more than 6-7 tries this time (since it ran last).. nowhere near 30.. I HOPE that the 30 is not my lifetime total.. (!!! and WTF is this ****, with self destruct sequence. .is it a russian submarine?? f-ing morons!!)... Anyway.. ideas, plse?

Old 01-03-2018, 01:18 PM

Forum,
1. 2005 Roadster > car wouldn't unlock with remote key fob, turn signals don't flash. Key fob indicator light blinks on/off VERY faintly when LOCK or UNLOCK buttons are pressed. Alarm system doesn't disarm.
2. Unlock car manually and SKREEM alarm goes off, turn signals flash for ~ 3 minutes. Pressing PANIC button on fob will not secure alarm. Alarm system still armed. Car will momentarily (~ 10 seconds) start then dies times 2. Car will not start after second attempt.
3. Replaced key fob batteries > no change from # 1 above.
4. Remove battery negative cable for ~ 5 minutes and replaced. Fob remote unlock/ignition/alarm arming/disarming all work as advertised.
5. 4.5 days later replaced car battery with Optima yellow top. No recurring problems since (~ 1 week).
6. Moral: (1) Keep a pack of (2) 2025 lithium batteries and a 10 mm wrench in glove box !!!

Old 01-03-2018, 01:21 PM

Oh and one additional "Oh by the way" DO NOT RECOMMEND REMOVING POSITVE BATTERY CABLE WITH NEGATIVE CABLE STILL CONNECTED.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:25 PM

Old 01-03-2018, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by 2005 Ragtop
Forum,
1. 2005 Roadster > car wouldn't unlock with remote key fob, turn signals don't flash. Key fob indicator light blinks on/off VERY faintly when LOCK or UNLOCK buttons are pressed. Alarm system doesn't disarm.
2. Unlock car manually and SKREEM alarm goes off, turn signals flash for ~ 3 minutes. Pressing PANIC button on fob will not secure alarm. Alarm system still armed. Car will momentarily (~ 10 seconds) start then dies times 2. Car will not start after second attempt.
3. Replaced key fob batteries > no change from # 1 above.
4. Remove battery negative cable for ~ 5 minutes and replaced. Fob remote unlock/ignition/alarm arming/disarming all work as advertised.
5. 4.5 days later replaced car battery with Optima yellow top. No recurring problems since (~ 1 week).
6. Moral: (1) Keep a pack of (2) 2025 lithium batteries and a 10 mm wrench in glove box !!!

good for you!! This was exactly what happened to me before. twice.
Now , no such luck.. after battery is reconnected, the fobs dont lock/unlock, and no start .
Car battery is charged. new fob batteries, both fobs. I also tried resyncing/reprogramming fobs by pressing lock twice.
No luck this time.
And there's that loud humming under the dash when ign. is in pos 2..

Oh!! and no alarm.. I have no alarm at all..

Last edited by racecar; 01-03-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
is that SOP, or did you do something? is there an emergency key start procedure? Some other cars to be unnamed, you can lock/unlock it w. key in a proper sequence, and security system wil llet you start it without the remote

Old 01-03-2018, 01:52 PM

I got tired of "car won't start".. "replace your fob batteries" on facebook .. so did the vid to clarify how important they are to starting the car .. I seem to recall reading either in the owners manual or service manual turning the key to on - run position (letting the car "read" RFID chip) is supposed to deactivate the alarm system also..

Old 01-03-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I got tired of "car won't start".. "replace your fob batteries" on facebook .. so did the vid to clarify how important they are to starting the car .. I seem to recall reading either in the owners manual or service manual turning the key to on - run position (letting the car "read" RFID chip) is supposed to deactivate the alarm system also..
wowowowo.. mister.. are you telling me that beyond the hard battery reset of the alarm, there's actually another (official?) procedure.. remove the fob 2025's and start the car w/o batteries in the fob? really?
The car is 10 mins away, I'll go try it.

why the heck didnt the battery hard restart work this time? and why no alarm? and whats the humming under the hood??? damn!

Old 01-03-2018, 02:06 PM

No .. I'm saying "replace fob batteries" is not a solution to car starting or not..

Old 01-03-2018, 02:09 PM

When the ignition is switched on, the Sentry Key Antenna Ring is supplied
with power. A data block is transmitted inductively via the Sentry Key Antenna Ring to the SKREEM and then
on to the Powertrain Control Module. If the antenna ring data block content is invalid or if vehicle battery power is
too low to build up enough power for the antenna ring, the Powertrain Control Module will not receive the proper
signal. This is displayed with the message “Start Error” in the Instrument Cluster.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

This is displayed with the message “Start Error” in the Instrument Cluster.
Really ? This is the first time I have heard of this.

Quick Reply: Alarm Won't Let Car Start