Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Silver windshield molding - need paint

Old 08-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Silver windshield molding - need paint

A solution (at least for me) for "paint needed" silver windshield molding... I wrapped mine with Silver Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap from SimCarbon... looks great and very inexpensive... took approx. an hour to install...

Old 08-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Silver windshield molding -need paint

Originally Posted by carl graham
A solution (at least for me) for "paint needed" silver windshield molding... I wrapped mine with Silver Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap from SimCarbon... looks great and very inexpensive... took approx. an hour to install...
How about a picture? I would be interested in seeing how that turned out....

Old 08-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Default Re: Silver windshield molding -need paint

Originally Posted by gguillot
How about a picture? I would be interested in seeing how that turned out....
gguillot:: I'm sorry, i'm not in the position(working on it) to send pics via the internet...Can,
however send pic via cell phone; if you so desire.I think it is a very inexpensive($10.00)
way to correct the "paint" problem... Carl

Old 08-11-2013, 03:33 PM
fer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Silver windshield molding - need paint

That sounds interesting, the sheets at the SimCarbon look nice, especially the black and silver ones. How hard was the installation?

I'd like to try this out since mine also needs new paint badly, and this seems a very "non-invasive" and revertible way to correct it but don't wanna make a sticky mess on my windshield molding if I do it wrong. What size of sheet did you buy to cover up the entire molding?

Old 08-11-2013, 05:38 PM

fer: I ordered a piece 12" x 60". This is more then enough to cover the molding with some leftover. The vinyl can be cut with "house" scissors. Its ok to cut the pieces a little larger than the area to be covered; this will allow you to "roll" a small amount under the edges. It'sa simple task to remove the backing and apply it as you would tape...removing the backing as you smooth the vinyl while applying it. Instruction are included with the order. All you need is a sharp Exacto knife. If I was set up to send pics via the internet, I would include..I'm working on this... The finished worked is very professional and eye catching. I really like mine...especially the cost!!

Old 08-13-2013, 01:55 PM

that sounds really cool. Try to get a picture up asap man! I was actually planning on getting mine painted. anyone know how much that would cost? including the silver side streaks and the grill?

Old 08-13-2013, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sadie The Xfire
that sounds really cool. Try to get a picture up asap man! I was actually planning on getting mine painted. anyone know how much that would cost? including the silver side streaks and the grill?
Sadie(that was my mothers name);I'm so sorry i cannot send pic via internet...can send picture mail via cell phone(need your number). It looks very good and very easy to install...at a cost of approx. 10.00. Paint(if you can find it)could cost quite a substantial amount.

You can view the various colors and cost at SimCarbon.

Last edited by cg80; 08-13-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 04-20-2015, 01:09 PM

I don't care about the paint... I need the trim piece

Old 04-20-2015, 06:03 PM
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Sadie The Xfire
I had the same problem as many here with the windshield surround peeling as well as the door handles and the little silver strip on the front grill.
I decided to have them repainted professionally by my trusted body shop. Ended up telling him to paint the whole grill (not just the front strip) in the same color as the windshield surround and it came out looking unique and beautiful. It beautifully accentuates the grill and its a nice offset to the color of the body (graphite).
So windshield surround (all three pieces), two door handles as well as the whole grill cost me $180. I thought it was a decent deal considering you can purchase the three pieces for over $1200 from Chrysler. A quick hint, if you take them off yourself or have the body shop do it make sure is properly re-attached. There are several threads on here which explain the process and how to make sure it won't fly off down the road (You will need 3M car adhesive tape). If not properly tied down chances are you will lose the top piece on your next trip on the highway!

Old 04-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by kongphd
Ebay, craigslist and salvage yards are your best and least expensive bet! Just be sure to follow instructions on this forum on re-attaching it in order to make sure it won't fly off soon after. Simply using the original clips won't cut it!

Old 04-20-2015, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by kongphd
I have the two side pillar trim...not the top piece...PM me if you're interested...Carl