Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Hi I'm new to forum. So hello all !

Old 04-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi I'm new to forum. So hello all !

i have an 05 rag top ltd. had it since March 08. Love it. Never had a problem other then replaced tires. Change oil. Car right now at Chrysler as one day started car and it just kept cranking and had to turn off by turning key to off. Then next day car stalled as I went from reverse to forward. Then decided to go to my tech but car stalled on way. Being that my tech was now 35 miles away as I moved I had it towed to Chrysler (Atlantic). They informed me their "crossfire" tech couldn't take out to check way stalling as he was afraid water pump was so loose. So they need to replace war we pump and then take out as this isn't stalling problem. I have been almost 100 percent assured it's the crank position sensor. They Chrysler still hasn't received water pump and this is 4 days later. My ? Is should I tell them they may want to see about the cps after they replace water pump. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts to add?

Than you to all

Last edited by Sweetlips777; 04-16-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hi I'm new to forum. So hello all !

No stalling for my crossfire but it was cutting off. took to mechanic to change crank shaft sensor and i havent had any problems with it cutting off on me since. Hope this helps and hope u get it fixed. #Team Crossfire

Old 04-17-2015, 06:19 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

A "loose" water pump ? That's BS, get yer car back without any repairs if you can and find a good indie MB shop.
Tell them it's just a SLK320 dressed for Sunday church.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:34 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweetlips777
i have an 05 rag top ltd. had it since March 08. Love it. Never had a problem other then replaced tires. Change oil. Car right now at Chrysler as one day started car and it just kept cranking and had to turn off by turning key to off. Then next day car stalled as I went from reverse to forward. Then decided to go to my tech but car stalled on way. Being that my tech was now 35 miles away as I moved I had it towed to Chrysler (Atlantic). They informed me their "crossfire" tech couldn't take out to check way stalling as he was afraid water pump was so loose. So they need to replace war we pump and then take out as this isn't stalling problem. I have been almost 100 percent assured it's the crank position sensor. They Chrysler still hasn't received water pump and this is 4 days later. My ? Is should I tell them they may want to see about the cps after they replace water pump. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts to add?

Than you to all

Hello sweetlips! Welcome to the forum! Your going to learn quite a lot from the folks here, about this cult following for quite the set of wheels you have. I would suggest you immediately tell those dealer guys to put your car back on a carrier and take it home. Pay that small bill, I bet you'll be thanking the forum later. A few of the members will chime in with a few more questions, as I just am exhausted and running almost on empty. Sounds like you said the starter was still engaged even after the car was running, and you have to shut it off by the key? Just off the top of my head, that sounds like the starter was not 'retracting' after the engine engaged, making it sound like it was still trying to crank? If this is the case, please confirm. One thing I can say, the water pump has nothing to do with what your describing. Now, if when they opened the hood, and saw something akin to this water pump diagnosis, that's a different story. Anyway, even the water pump is something within the experience level of the forum folks. OK, so lets try to restate the starting issue, add whether or not the water pump was found as a sidebar to the starting issue (remember you may even be able to fix that as a DIY with the correct assistance), and maybe others can jump in to help after clarification. Good luck!

Old 04-19-2015, 12:45 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

As far as the starter kept cranking.. Automatics all you have to do is bump the start position and it spins 4-5 seconds or so by itself or till car starts. I hope that "loose water pump" was a general statement for a bad bearing on it.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:52 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
As far as the starter kept cranking.. Automatics all you have to do is bump the start position and it spins 4-5 seconds or so by itself or till car starts. I hope that "loose water pump" was a general statement for a bad bearing on it.

Yeah, that's the way its supposed to work. If what the OP is saying is that it continues even after the engine runs, then there is a possible 'disengagement' problem. We'll see if a re-state from the OP clears it up any.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:53 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Yeah, that's the way its supposed to work. If what the OP is saying is that it continues even after the engine runs, then there is a possible 'disengagement' problem. We'll see if a re-state from the OP clears it up any.
Or a possible "pulse module" problem.
( the little thingey tucked away in the under hood fuse box )

Old 04-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweetlips777
Car right now at Chrysler as one day started car and it just kept cranking and had to turn off by turning key to off. Then next day car stalled as I went from reverse to forward. Then decided to go to my tech but car stalled on way.
Bad CPS. $45 with free shipping.

Here you go:
https://www.germanautosupply.com/sto...on-sensor.html
On external torx bolt holds it in.

It could be bad gas or fouled fuel injectors, but MANY cars have done similar things and all they needed was a CPS. I'm on my second one now, and have a spare in the trunk. DO NOT order one, order two and have a spare.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:56 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post833735

Old 04-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Read this thread in conjunction with this thread to make any sense out of it.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Bad CPS. $45 with free shipping.

Here you go:
https://www.germanautosupply.com/sto...on-sensor.html
On external torx bolt holds it in.

It could be bad gas or fouled fuel injectors, but MANY cars have done similar things and all they needed was a CPS. I'm on my second one now, and have a spare in the trunk. DO NOT order one, order two and have a spare.
Think your're right<Mark. Before I got involved with this forum (what a godsend), I had this problem...and took the car to the stealership (didn't know that was their name at the time lol)...part and labor 900.00!!!...last time there.."this forum is where IT'S at!!!.Carl

Old 04-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Hope the original poster didn't suffer an aneurism after the stealership presented him with a quote for the repair!!

Once thing I just can't wrap my head around is -
1.) Why is everything at Chrysler so extremely overpriced even a cheap repair (part + labor) such as a crank shaft sensor.
2.) How come Chrysler is not capable of really working on our cars. I mean a skilled professional mechanic should have no problems working on any car be it a Mercedes, Saab or a Ford given access to the service manuals. After all the Mercedes engine is an engine that works on the same principle as others just with better quality and some unique features.
3.) I have been to several Chrysler dealership getting my dad's minivan serviced and every single one of them claims they have a designated Crossfire tech there. Now, I know they had those back in the day but it's been a while since Mercedes and Chrysler got divorced, I would be highly surprised if each of the 7 dealerships in the area have a real Crossfire tech still!!! Why can't they just say "Listen, we don't have a Crossfire tech nor are we comfortable working on this car as it really is a Mercedes". That would actually raise my respect level for them!