Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Best way to get the most HP out of crossfire limited!?!?!

Old 10-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts
Default Re: Best way to get the most HP out of crossfire limited!?!?!

Originally Posted by Osofast2
[DUOTE=onehundred80;812847]255? I would suspect many would doubt that.
FRANC had his on a dyno ,and was pushing more than 265,I believe dan out of Florida had put bigger injectors and throttle body ,actually it come in a kit from another company that's no longer in business I believe he was close to 270 will be at the Dragon you can asking more questions there,but that's about pushing it that's about all you going to get[/QUOTE]

Franc did injectors, CAI, exhaust, NG plugs,,,,,, and then had a dyno tune. Actually three of them. One could argue all night about the HP number, but I believe he is about as far as one can go short of a turbo kit.

Sucker is quick and he has an SRT with which to compare performance. No where near the SRT power. But feisty enough to achieve the limits of the car. It is not nor never will be a drag strip King.

The Crossfire was delivered a little underpowered. And without the Sprint Booster, a little anemic in the throttle response. With the mods Franc did, the car is adequately powered well with in it's element.

Try catching him in the twisties. And that challenge goes to the SRT owners as well.

So this question goes to the OP. Do you want a drag strip champion, a red light racing beast, or a quick and nimble two seater?

Old 04-25-2015, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all....chris from uk ...I'm no mechanic or car buff but I just had quote from a company over here in uk to install a nitro kit which will boost an extra 100 HP on to stock model.... Will that take me to SRT power and will it damage the car .

Old 05-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chris2412
Hi all....chris from uk ...I'm no mechanic or car buff but I just had quote from a company over here in uk to install a nitro kit which will boost an extra 100 HP on to stock model.... Will that take me to SRT power and will it damage the car .
You'll still be about 15HP short and you won't have that kind of power all of the time - only when you hit the button. I don't know much about nitro, but I would bet that hitting that button too often will not be good on your car.

RL

Old 08-17-2019, 09:20 AM

What are the part number for the upgrade injectors?

Old 08-17-2019, 10:12 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Show boat
What are the part number for the upgrade injectors?
Not sure. Someone will chime in. I did the least intrusive mods, the Needswings Dual CAI and the Eurocharge tune and im super happy with the power, response etc. I can vouch for an NA outperforming an SRT 6 on the twisties. The response minus the SC works quite well when "Driving " the car.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:17 AM

Yea. I did the TB and exhaust mods. Looking to go mild and cheap

Old 08-17-2019, 10:44 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think your going about this the wrong way. Have you ever weighed the stock seats with all their motors. I have. Just over 100 lbs each. My next performance upgrade will be Tillet seats.. 11 lbs ea. Now if I could loose about 65 lbs of my EXTRA ballest Id be all set. I did this in my Maserati TC. Their seats were 150lbs ea. Purchased MOMO seats at 25lbs each. 250 lbs taken out of the middle of the car .Completely changed the handling for the better. Remember...weight to hp.

https://www.torqued.io/tillett-b5-race-car-seat

Old 08-17-2019, 12:16 PM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by cowancom3
I think your going about this the wrong way.....
Next time, use the QUOTE button so we know who you are responding to.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:21 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Next time, use the QUOTE button so we know who you are responding to.
Whatever you do within reason the hp at the rear wheels will not break 200 hp, more like 195 max.
The charts are on this forum. I doubt many would notice an extra 5 to10hp anyway. It is a great way to blow your money and still be left behind by a kid in a Honda if you have a manual gearbox.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang u must be driving a rock ��

Old 09-22-2019, 10:09 PM

Yes I have both. The NA with some upgrades and an SRT6 with a 12 second pedigree. Useless in the twisties where our car was meant to be driven. It is a performance road handling car. Not a Drag king.

I have not driven the Dragon aggressively since they lowered the speed limits to 35 MPH. However before that no one could keep up with me, Even Jane Bridges, who arrived at the east entrance a good 25 seconds behind me. The secret is not just power. All SRT's have more power and greater acceleration. But the mods Eurocharged did brought the power up to usable levels and with the Manual Tranny one can use deceleration to spin up the motor so you have an instant high HP response coming out of turns,
You cannot do that with the Autostick. So, you burn up speed, RPM's, and opportunity with your brakes,

At best, My roadster is a 13.5 second car. But in the twisties, I'll stay level or ahead of SRT's and most likely even the V8 which have a surplus of power they cannot use there.

Nimble and quick beats raw power on the Motor cross road tracks. If you want to win at the drag strip or, at the stop light, get an SRT or v8 swap.

Do all the mods posted in #21 and that's about as far as one can go on HP. Work on suspension and tires to get a good grip on all four feet. What you want is a well balanced machine power to capabilities. Stock, the NA is just a bit short of what it needs to be an excellent performance "road car." As Osofast and Eurocharged claims, I am well past 265 HP despite suspicions by some self appointed experts to the contrary.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 09-22-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Yes I have both. The NA with some upgrades and an SRT6 with a 12 second pedigree. Useless in the twisties where our car was meant to be driven. It is a performance road handling car. Not a Drag king.

I have not driven the Dragon aggressively since they lowered the speed limits to 35 MPH. However before that no one could keep up with me, Even Jane Bridges, who arrived at the east entrance a good 25 seconds behind me. The secret is not just power. All SRT's have more power and greater acceleration. But the mods Eurocharged did brought the power up to usable levels and with the Manual Tranny one can use deceleration to spin up the motor so you have an instant high HP response coming out of turns,
You cannot do that with the Autostick. So, you burn up speed, RPM's, and opportunity with your brakes,

At best, My roadster is a 13.5 second car. But in the twisties, I'll stay level or ahead of SRT's and most likely even the V8 which have a surplus of power they cannot use there.

Nimble and quick beats raw power on the Motor cross road tracks. If you want to win at the drag strip or, at the stop light, get an SRT or v8 swap.

Do all the mods posted in #21 and that's about as far as one can go on HP. Work on suspension and tires to get a good grip on all four feet. What you want is a well balanced machine power to capabilities. Stock, the NA is just a bit short of what it needs to be an excellent performance "road car." As Osofast and Eurocharged claims, I am well past 265 HP despite suspicions by some self appointed experts to the contrary.
It would be nice to see the chart from a dyno test. 218 to 265 plus is a big change. How do you get the crankshaft figure anyway?

Old 10-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting! I have a couple of muscle cars and have some experience with dynos; both the Mustang and DynoJet. There is a formula to get the crank numbers from the axle. You can be the judge regarding veracity. Just type in 'axle to crankshaft horsepower calculator' in a search..

Last edited by g wheels; 10-02-2019 at 03:59 PM. Reason: fixing
Old 10-02-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
It would be nice to see the chart from a dyno test. 218 to 265 plus is a big change. How do you get the crankshaft figure anyway?

This is the umpteenth time you have ask for something you know I don't have. The last Dyno done by Eurocharged was printed out on thermal paper at CAA 2010 with many witnesses.. But, it has faded. Thermals do this over time. For those who think that is "convenient," it ain't

Jake posted my numbers in the old Crossfire Forum back then.. I don't know how to get to those old posts.

CAA 2010 I don't believe you were even there. I personally rented the Gateway racetrack so the guest could put there cars on a real track. I also paid expenses for Jake and the Eurocharged entourage so they could bring a Dyno and about 25 cars got tunes. I put out about $15K of my own money, for the Track fees and Liability insurance costs, so my "friends could have areal racing experience. And for that I did not even get a permanent copy nor did I get to run the track myself but the one time. I landed well near the top on the time trials, beating many of the SRT drivers. A second run would have been even better. Having demonstrated the work o \f Eurocharged on the track, I'm not concerned about having some proof. The only person it seems to bother is you..

I don't lie, I don't cheat, I don't BS, and frankly for you, a driver who claims he never takes his SRT over the speed limit, I don't care. KMA

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 10-02-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:49 PM

This is the umpteenth time you have ask for something you know I don't have. The last Dyno done by Eurocharged was printed out on thermal paper at CAA 2010 with many witnesses.. But, it has faded. Thermals do this over time. For those who think that is "convenient," it ain't

Jake posted my numbers in the old Crossfire Forum back then.. I don't know how to get to those old posts.

CAA 2010 I don't believe you were even there. I personally rented the Gateway racetrack so the guest could put there cars on a real track. I also paid expenses for Jake and the Eurocharged entourage so they could bring a Dyno and about 25 cars got tunes. I put out about $15K of my own money, for the Track fees and Liability insurance costs, so my "friends could have areal racing experience. And for that I did not even get a permanent copy nor did I get to run the track myself but the one time. I landed well near the top on the time trials, beating many of the SRT drivers. A second run would have been even better. Having demonstrated the work o \f Eurocharged on the track, I'm not concerned about having some proof. The only person it seems to bother is you..

I don't lie, I don't cheat, I don't BS, and frankly for you, a driver who claims he never takes his SRT over the speed limit, I don't care. KMA
This was your response to a request for you to post the chart back in 2010. We never saw it, but others posted their charts which were obviously not on thermal paper.
CLICK
Track times at CAA 2010 CLICK
Is there anything else you would like me to find?

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-02-2019 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:04 AM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts

I have not driven the Dragon aggressively since they lowered the speed limits to 35 MPH. However before that no one could keep up with me, Even Jane Bridges, who arrived at the east entrance a good 25 seconds behind me.
I can attest to that. I remember the run, 2013 or 14 it had to be, with Evan in your right seat. As we turned left from 28 to 129 at the Gap, you said "see you guys at the bridge, I wanna run this kinda hot." I thought "I'm gonna stay on him..."

As I rounded the second curve, you vanished around the third. I never saw you again, until the bridge, and I pulled away from the cars behind me, thinking I could keep up. Amazing.

But I always credited your skill over anything else.

.... with the Manual Tranny one can use deceleration to spin up the motor so you have an instant high HP response coming out of turns,
Dan Bracken said I would be faster with the stick (which I bought in 2010, never took the auto up there again) - and he was right, but I had to learn to manage the engine/transmission as you described above. But I still could not keep up with you..... Doubt I could even today.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:06 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by elaus
Okay so what is basically the best to get the most HP out of the base model crossfires? Because I do know there isn't to much you can do in terms of mods, only a handful really, the SRT6 version has endless possibilities. So far on my Crossfire I have the Euro Charged Tune and the Magnaflow Exhaust. Im still working on getting the Needswings Dual CAI, but what after that? Does the 74mm Throttle Body do anything? I know my best bet would have been to just look for the SRT6 but that wasn't an option, and I also know that no matter what a limited crossfire will never get up to the stock HP as an SRT6, but what can I do to increase it more and as much as I can besides the few mods I said? Any help would be much appreciated.

GUYS! OP wanted information about a basic limited. Five (5) years later 'nitro' was interjected into the post for the limited basic. Post sure seemed to turn into an argument ( pissssingcontest ) between ppl with SRT's...

Old 10-04-2019, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I can attest to that. I remember the run, 2013 or 14 it had to be, with Evan in your right seat. As we turned left from 28 to 129 at the Gap, you said "see you guys at the bridge, I wanna run this kinda hot." I thought "I'm gonna stay on him..."

As I rounded the second curve, you vanished around the third. I never saw you again, until the bridge, and I pulled away from the cars behind me, thinking I could keep up. Amazing.

But I always credited your skill over anything else.

Dan Bracken said I would be faster with the stick (which I bought in 2010, never took the auto up there again) - and he was right, but I had to learn to manage the engine/transmission as you described above. But I still could not keep up with you..... Doubt I could even today.

Thanks PIZZA. Skill? maybe. But the extra power is real and didn't hurt. And Yes Graphite, it is always a pissing contest with the SRT guys. But from my first Dragon, I ran with the SRT's and never had an issue keeping up because my power was amplified within reasonable comparison to theirs on virtually the same chassis. I own both and when my wife is in the SRT on the interstate, she kills me easily in a matter of seconds. In the twisties, not so much.

The NA Crossfire is a "driving" car, not a drag racer. A bit under powered yes. But with a little boost from simple mods, it can provide adequate performance. A good CAI ( I think I have the only one Eurocharged ever produced and it is very different from SpeedWings.) Bigger injectors, larger Throttle body and some exhaust Cat deletes, a dyno tune, and one can achieve a 20% power increase. Many NA Owner's have. I'm no different and no better. But nothing can achieve with the NA the boost of a Supercharger. However, there are no manual tranny SRT's out there. I prefer to row my own gears. My apologies to those members of the "push and go fast" SRT crowd that are offended.
To the OP and any owner wishing to improve performance, do those mods. Then get a tuner on a dyno to maximize power. Relatively inexpensive and unlikely to cause harm to the engine as Daimler tends to over building order to provide longevity.

If you want the power of an SRT, don't bother with the NA, Just sell it and find an SRT. Despite the fears of some of the SRT owners who own them, the NA will never get there. Why that group is so sensitive is a mystery not worth pondering. This subject has been battered to death here. The same people posting the same objections. One wonders why they want to discourage the new members. More to the point, why they try to discourage any NA driver from improving his performance is counter productive to the purpose of this Forum. We should encourage and help each other to better enjoy our weird little cars.

My Crossie is coming up on 14 years of age. I no longer mount "Y" rate tires. Barely drive it enough to keep the wheels round. And, despite the observed success of my mods, seldom post anything technical here because of the negativity of many posters. I still like the car. It's cool, different and fun to drive.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 10-04-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:03 AM
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

^^^ Nice

Oh hi everyone.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:29 AM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Franc, Do you have any pictures of the Eurocharged CAI you could post? I‘d definitely be intrigued to see what they did and how their set up is compared to Needswings.

Also what was the reason for Eurocharged not producing in larger quantities? Just any info would be cool to know about it. Sorry for all the questions. I just like knowing any interesting info on our cars N/A and SRT. Thank in advance.

Quick Reply: Best way to get the most HP out of crossfire limited!?!?!