Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Spoiler Stuck Open

Old 10-07-2015, 01:04 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Spoiler Stuck Open

Originally Posted by Reliableron
They told me I needed a new motor as the switches were gone. $423.00 - I said I just read that the switches are available separately but they don't show in their Canadian parts breakdown. I just called them with this # and they have them in Toronto and I will get it for next week. And the same price!! $34.80 CDN.

Hey Ron! Are you with us this weekend? You can show me the instal so I can teach these American ******* when they start crying. I'll buy you a Beer or ten.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be there - I just picked up the switches now but no time to remove the motor to get them mounted. I will deal with it when we get back! See you tomorrow!

Old 10-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Forum Regular

I picked up the switches as shown on Thursday before going on our Sea to Sky run with North West Crossfire Club and West Coast CC. I had a quick look and after moving the lower switch underneath it got stuck and I had to wiggle it a few times to get the button loose. The whole weekend it worked ok until I drove home! Guess that it was the switch being intermittent all along. Now the hard part getting the motor out to properly replace the switches. - looks like a biatch to do. Need to do some more reading.....

Old 10-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Forum Regular

Not a lot of fun. With the service manual I can get the motor out and have taken out every nut possible and have separated the wing from the mount but still can't get the drive shafts out of the way to lift the mounting bracket enough to get the retainer clips on for the new switches. Need to get the drive shafts out of the way to lift the bracket the switches go on. Looks like I may just glue the switches in as they have pins to line them up just won't have the retaining clips on them. Sure could give you more info in the service manual.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:02 PM
Forum Regular

I put mine all back together and I would never take it apart if I was doing it again. I put the switches in without the retainers and then put a dab of glue on each as Red Runner suggested - works fine.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:32 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

SPOILER WON'T GO UP .... Light on the dash lights & when I hit 90 mph the warning beep comes on.

I got lucky this time. I checked the #20 fuse in the engine compartment box on the drivers side. It was OK. I removed the cover over
the spoiler motor & found that the wire on the drivers side had come off of the motor connection. Reconnected & it is fixed. Ten minute job.