Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

TPMS Receiver Replace?

Old 06-06-2018, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Receiver Replace?

Hi all, just heard back from the stealership. After executing their recommendation of replacing all 4 TPMS sensors on my wheels, I still have a warning light on the dash. They now want to replace the sensor "receiver" because they said that the sensors tested successfully. They say the car is not able to read two of them correctly. They want $1k for parts and labor so I'm looking for either instructions on what this part is and how I could do the work, and/or a second opinion.

Thanks!
Brandon

Old 06-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts
Default Re: TPMS Receiver Replace?

Originally Posted by go@midnavi.com
Hi all, just heard back from the stealership. After executing their recommendation of replacing all 4 TPMS sensors on my wheels, I still have a warning light on the dash. They now want to replace the sensor "receiver" because they said that the sensors tested successfully. They say the car is not able to read two of them correctly. They want $1k for parts and labor so I'm looking for either instructions on what this part is and how I could do the work, and/or a second opinion.

Thanks!
Brandon
You should start by telling us all what problem initiated your visit to the dealership in the first place.
As Joe Friday said “just give me the facts”.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You should start by telling us all what problem initiated your visit to the dealership in the first place.
As Joe Friday said “just give me the facts”.
I stated that I have a warning light on the dash for TPMS.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:01 PM

I stated that I have a warning light on the dash for TPMS.
Sometimes there is more to the story than what is stated. That is why I asked.

This post tells you where the module is. CLICK

This is the module. CLICK

It would still be needing programing though.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-06-2018 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:48 PM

This post tells you where the module is. CLICK

This is the module. CLICK
I must be missing something. As far as I can tell, it just tells me how to disconnect the wire and disable TPMS. Is the actual receiver above the lamp? I also checked the link for the module you're recommending... After some searching, https://www.ebay.com/itm/TPMS-Receiv...IAAOSw-89ZOMcj seems like it would be the correct part. Wouldn't it? This is a 2004 coup and I don't recall having any HomeLink feature. Maybe the HomeLink device is a compatible replacement?

Old 06-07-2018, 07:48 AM

I must be missing something. As far as I can tell, it just tells me how to disconnect the wire and disable TPMS. Is the actual receiver above the lamp? I also checked the link for the module you're recommending... After some searching, https://www.ebay.com/itm/TPMS-Receiv...IAAOSw-89ZOMcj seems like it would be the correct part. Wouldn't it? This is a 2004 coup and I don't recall having any HomeLink feature. Maybe the HomeLink device is a compatible replacement?
You do not buy a part using the Chrysler part number, it will have a Mercedes number on the part and they are cheaper to buy using the Mercedes number, find the Mercedes number which will be on the part in the map light, it also is the receiver for the garage door opener.
Not much info is available on this part, no pics to be found.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-07-2018 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Possible wrong number given.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:53 PM

Thanks!
Brandon
Is it possible some/all the replacements were bad? I work with electronics everyday, and occasionally bad parts slip through as new. I wonder if those replacement sensors are really old stock or bad from the git go...I would hit a local tire joint and get their opinion. They change more tires and sensors than most dealers...just a thought.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:40 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow Re: TPMS Receiver Replace?

Originally Posted by speed
Is it possible some/all the replacements were bad? I work with electronics everyday, and occasionally bad parts slip through as new. I wonder if those replacement sensors are really old stock or bad from the git go...I would hit a local tire joint and get their opinion. They change more tires and sensors than most dealers...just a thought.
Most likely bad/old (or incompatible) sensors. I wonder how they "tested" them? I think fewer/fewer stealerships have the tools (obd3, software, cable, magnet) or experienced tech for this. And I keep reading about dealers who are afraid to even touch a Crossfire! $1K!!! OMG!!!!!
If receiver reads 2 of them...should it not read all of them??? Originally, the scanner diagnosed which one of mine was no longer sending a signal.

Unless there are newer alternative parts, (?) "genuine" equipment & procedure (not difficult) is required, (not available @ most tire shops?). This is what I recall from doing mine a few years ago. Much has been written here on this. Try search: Resetting Tire Pressure Monitor? (New to me info about new EZ Schrader valves which can be cloned to the internal code of the original valve, thereby eliminating the need to reset the car's receiver? Anyone have success w/this?)

Last edited by lovecross; 06-17-2018 at 01:29 AM. Reason: add
Old 06-17-2018, 06:30 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: TPMS Receiver Replace?

I deleted the light and have tire stem colored pressure monitors. There are aftermarket sensor systems if you HAVE TO HAVE TPS on your car. I found them a problem and the aluminum stems have failed on 3 of my dodge ram 1500 wheels. ENOUGH! WDY

Old 06-17-2018, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by waldig
I deleted the light and have tire stem colored pressure monitors. There are aftermarket sensor systems if you HAVE TO HAVE TPS on your car. I found them a problem and the aluminum stems have failed on 3 of my dodge ram 1500 wheels. ENOUGH! WDY
The Schrader sensor #33500 comes with rubber stems, the aluminum stem is an optional extra that is added prior to installing the sensor, naturally it costs extra.

The universal replacement of the OEM sensors is the Schrader #33500 sensor it is cloned to your existing sensors and the car needs no other resetting.
This system was reported as proven by member Reliable Ron.
This part can replace sensors that have the two wavelengths used in the Crossfire, 315 and 433 MHz.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:27 AM

The OP has not replied since his original posts on 6/6 so we can consider this thread dead, why waste your time.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Forum Regular
Exclamation Re: TPMS Receiver Replace?

The Schrader sensor #33500 comes with rubber stems, the aluminum stem is an optional extra that is added prior to installing the sensor, naturally it costs extra.

The universal replacement of the OEM sensors is the Schrader #33500 sensor it is cloned to your existing sensors and the car needs no other resetting.
This system was reported as proven by member Reliable Ron.
This part can replace sensors that have the two wavelengths used in the Crossfire, 315 and 433 MHz.
Thank you 180! I've been away so missed any news on this, Thank you Reliable Ron! as well! (I just replied on another thread also)

Old 06-21-2018, 12:24 AM
Received 141 Likes on 110 Posts

I’ve attempted to clone sensors twice

Had to purchase prior to cloning. Both time failed

I’ve just picked up Qty 4 OEM Sensors from Chrysler. $65 each

I should have bought these ones in the first place. Chrysler dealer will align them to the car at NC

What was expensive was purchasing two sets that didn’t work

Old 06-21-2018, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by UrbanE
I’ve attempted to clone sensors twice

Had to purchase prior to cloning. Both time failed

I’ve just picked up Qty 4 OEM Sensors from Chrysler. $65 each

I should have bought these ones in the first place. Chrysler dealer will align them to the car at NC

What was expensive was purchasing two sets that didn’t work
Were they the Schrader 33500 sensors? Other makes have been used with no success.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:50 AM

I used Schrader 20066
and a second one currently installed.

I’ll list the second set when they are removed tomorrow

Old 06-21-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by UrbanE
I used Schrader 20066
and a second one currently installed.

I’ll list the second set when they are removed tomorrow
20028 were known to work when setup by the dealer, nobody confirmed that the 20066 worked. These have a unique code in them, they are not the clonable type. The Schrader 33500 sensor is a clonable sensor and has been confirmed to work by Reliableron in BC. It is sold as a replacement for 90% or more of the sensors used to date and works in the 315 or 433 MHz frequencies the Crossfire uses.
The 20066 works in only one of the frequencies and the 20028 works in the other frequency, I have forgotten which is which.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by lovecross
Most likely bad/old (or incompatible) sensors. I wonder how they "tested" them? I think fewer/fewer stealerships have the tools (obd3, software, cable, magnet) or experienced tech for this. And I keep reading about dealers who are afraid to even touch a Crossfire! $1K!!! OMG!!!!!
If receiver reads 2 of them...should it not read all of them??? Originally, the scanner diagnosed which one of mine was no longer sending a signal.

Unless there are newer alternative parts, (?) "genuine" equipment & procedure (not difficult) is required, (not available @ most tire shops?). This is what I recall from doing mine a few years ago. Much has been written here on this. Try search: Resetting Tire Pressure Monitor? (New to me info about new EZ Schrader valves which can be cloned to the internal code of the original valve, thereby eliminating the need to reset the car's receiver? Anyone have success w/this?)
I think they were "alternative" TPMS sensors (which were installed at my local shop), not OEM. What I don't understand is how two work but two don't... Their reader claimed that all four sensors were good, which is why they think it's the receiver.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:55 PM

You do not buy a part using the Chrysler part number, it will have a Mercedes number on the part and they are cheaper to buy using the Mercedes number, find the Mercedes number which will be on the part in the map light, it also is the receiver for the garage door opener.
Not much info is available on this part, no pics to be found.
I opened it up and confirmed the part is HomeLink PSI A1938200105. As you pointed out, it looks like these can be found used for around $40. Thanks!

Old 06-26-2018, 03:33 PM

20028 were known to work when setup by the dealer, nobody confirmed that the 20066 worked. These have a unique code in them, they are not the clonable type. The Schrader 33500 sensor is a clonable sensor and has been confirmed to work by Reliableron in BC. It is sold as a replacement for 90% or more of the sensors used to date and works in the 315 or 433 MHz frequencies the Crossfire uses.
The 20066 works in only one of the frequencies and the 20028 works in the other frequency, I have forgotten which is which.
The second set was
Autel
MX Sensor for both 315 and 433 MHz
They failed too

I have now installed OEM from the dealer
All good now. No more light

Now I won’t worry about it for another 5 years.

I hope

Old 06-27-2018, 10:10 AM
Forum Regular

I think they were "alternative" TPMS sensors (which were installed at my local shop), not OEM. What I don't understand is how two work but two don't... Their reader claimed that all four sensors were good, which is why they think it's the receiver.
I think most "tire shops" do not know that the Crossfire system is somewhat unique. OEM (Schrader) or compatible (mine, NAPA, are compatible, found on chart on our Forum) must be "paired" to car's receiver using dealer tools/process; talked about here hundreds of times.
Not difficult, once installed.
180 & Reliable Ron present perhaps a better new solution: Schrader 33500 sensors, (but) are cloned to each original type sensor actually being replaced, with special tool, as I understand it. If you no longer have originals, you may have to go OEM route & use dealer for "pairing" to your car, assuming receiver is ok. Hope this is correct & helps.

Quick Reply: TPMS Receiver Replace?