Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Service snafus

Old 09-24-2008, 07:17 AM
AlG
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service snafus

Brought my '05 into the dealer yesterday. Had two problems when I bought it a year ago, the driver's seat back didn't heat up and the dome light wasn't working correctly. When I brought the car in for inspection two weeks back the tech supposedly checked both problems and ordered the correct repair parts. Fast forward to yesterday. Bring the car in, service writer calls me in the afternoon and says, we ordered the door switch but that wasn't the problem, was the tabs that push on the door switch were both broken off (a problem previously reported by someone else on here). Obviously the tech never looked at them two weeks back. Wanted to know if the car was in an accident. I said not since I've owned it but maybe before but the car was sold to me this way. Service guy calls me back later and says, oops, we ordered the seat repair kit but we didn't know it doesn't come with the parts to fix the back...just came with the parts to fix the bottom of the seat. So, nothing was fixed on the car. Though they're supposed to have the seat fixed today because they can get a new seat back. Hopefully this will all pan out and at least I have their loaner....a Pacifica. Not my idea of a great vehicle.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Service snafus

S N A F U

SITUATION NORMAL ..........ALL F...'ED UP

A military term as I recall.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:42 PM

sounds like the bs i seem to get from every dealer I seem to use.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

very few good service writers...doesn't pay enough I guess...anyway, I always diagnose the problems with fellow mechanics, then take it in for the Chrysler mechanics...telling the service writer what to write as I show him the problem...at the same time, saying hi to the service manager I have known for years...it usually gets fixed first time, but parts are never in stock...they just will not stock any parts for these cars...

Old 09-24-2008, 07:01 PM

so far the Xfire hasn't too bad but dealing with the dodge dealer over my Ram w/ Cummins and the few but well known problems. I knew more about the motor than the tech at the dealer.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:35 AM
AlG
Forum Regular

Well, the seat wasn't fixed as of yesterday. Hoping to have it back today. But still will have to bring the car back for the dome light in two weeks as the dealer doesn't have the parts for the either.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:15 AM
AlG
Forum Regular

Got the car back yesterday. Neither problem was fixed. Dealer had car three days. Wrong parts ordered, problems misdiagnosed. Going back in on October 14th. At least it's nothing major and they do give me a loaner.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does this dealer have a Crossfire trained tech? One that has had the supplemental training for these cars? It sure doesn't sound like it.

Best of luck!

Last edited by maxcichon; 09-26-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:35 AM
AlG
Forum Regular

Yep, 5 star dealer with certified x-fire tech, at least according to the sales guy that sold me the car and my dealer has sold a bunch of these in the last year but I guess between the tech just taking the easy way out on the dome light and the parts guy not knowing what he was supposed to be ordering as regards to the seat back it caused the mix ups.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Service snafus

Originally Posted by AlG
Yep, 5 star dealer with certified x-fire tech, at least according to the sales guy that sold me the car and my dealer has sold a bunch of these in the last year but I guess between the tech just taking the easy way out on the dome light and the parts guy not knowing what he was supposed to be ordering as regards to the seat back it caused the mix ups.
Well, I hope they get you sorted out. The tech should be telling the parts guy what to order and it kind of sounds like they're working it backwards.

Once again, best of luck!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Thumbs down Re: Service snafus

Just A Note The Pad Wroks Eitherway Top Or Bottom Probably Didn't Won't To Do The Job Easy To Do But Scarey To Look At

Old 10-16-2008, 10:57 AM
AlG
Forum Regular

So, another two days in the shop and got the car back last night all fixed. A total of five days over two visits for the dome light to be fixed (not more that a ten minute job as the part is held in with one screw on each side) and the seat back to be replaced because the heater wasn't working. But at least I had a loaner the whole time. I guess on a scale of ten the service dept. would have to get about a six.