Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Tpms

Old 10-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms

I'm sure these questions have been asked before however sometime members have improved on or learned more about prior responses. With winter coming and some folks having extra wheels and tires for bad weather etc., some of the questions are.
(1) If you have TPMS sensors on more than one set of wheels, do you have to have the programming reset everytime you change wheels or will the system reprogram itself? Can the owner reprogram it?
(2) If you want to go without TPMS on your extra set of wheels and tires, is there a fuse or connection you can remove so the light does not stay on / burn out?
(3) Does the TPMS interface with any other on board systems?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Tpms

Originally Posted by MYCROSS
I'm sure these questions have been asked before however sometime members have improved on or learned more about prior responses. With winter coming and some folks having extra wheels and tires for bad weather etc., some of the questions are.
(1) If you have TPMS sensors on more than one set of wheels, do you have to have the programming reset everytime you change wheels or will the system reprogram itself? Can the owner reprogram it?
(2) If you want to go without TPMS on your extra set of wheels and tires, is there a fuse or connection you can remove so the light does not stay on / burn out?
(3) Does the TPMS interface with any other on board systems?
(1) It will reset itself you shouldn't have do anything. (2) The fuse for the TMPS is also for the garage door opener and the seat heater. (3) No it's independent it just monitors the air pressure. I have a set of wheels with no sensors I use for winter. I just use a piece of black tape to cover the light so it doesn't annoy me. The TMPS will reset and the light will go out when you put the summer wheels back on after winter.

Last edited by robby363; 10-27-2008 at 09:56 AM.