Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

roadster rear window stick-up

Old 08-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: roadster rear window stick-up

Checking in,
over a month and a half and the repair is still holding up 100%.
Have driven the car almost every day.

I put my PopTop on the car while at work and park in the garage at home.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LNRDR
Last year after I got my car I was in Casper Wyoming on vacation and took my roadster through a car wash. It was a manual wash and when I got done there was water on my rear dash. It looked like it came in from around the rear window, but it hasn't leaked since and I can't find any gaps. The temperatures were in the low 60s. Not sure what was up with this. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also if I had to replace my top I would think about doing a gun metal grey or scarlet red.
Blahhh, this happened again today. Took my roadster through an automatic wash, looked out the back window for some reason and got squirted in the face with water. I still can't find where it came from, guess I have to look a little harder.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your car is telling you that it doesn't want to be put through an automatic wash!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by OKC-XFR
Sounds like your car is telling you that it doesn't want to be put through an automatic wash!
I think the Crossfire god is still angry at me from trying to put a cupholder in on Sunday night. Anyway on a serious note, what are these pop top covers? I know I'm a noob. Going to google it, but anyone know a good place to buy one.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:05 PM

Car Covers, Car Sun Shades - California PopTop
order now!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:08 PM

Blahhh, this happened again today. Took my roadster through an automatic wash, looked out the back window for some reason and got squirted in the face with water. I still can't find where it came from, guess I have to look a little harder.
I couldn't tell that my window had separated until I opened the top to the half open position. It was VERY easy to see then.
Try that.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Forum Regular

Fist off, never put your baby through an automatic car wash!

Second always clean her by hand, they love the TLC

And third, refer to number one if you reached number three.

I do hope you find the problem.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Forum Regular

In Orlando, is the Orlando Auto Upholstery shop - been around for 20+ yrs. They recently replaced our top and did a great job. 407-898-5007. And, if you are in the Orlando area, we'll be glad to show you what the final product looks like.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First post and a forum SUPER SPONSOR, awefully ambitious LOL.

Welcome aboard, you will find this is a great place....

John

Old 08-20-2009, 09:20 PM

I am in Texas and the back window just detached today, 05 Crossfire with 40k miles on it.

Anyone know a good place near Austin?

Old 09-18-2009, 03:03 PM

Hi everyone!
I had the same thing happen to me. I have an 05 Crossfire with 140K miles. On 5/19/09, my rear window collapsed inside my car. Only the bottom part of the window was still attached to the top which was good because I was able to keep the window propped back into place with a dog bed.
The next day I had the window fixed temporarily by an upholstery guy. He used the 3m weatherstrip adhesive. It was supposed to last until I could afford a new top but a few days later, the glue began to crack. I touched it up myself with the 3m probably every couple of weeks.
Meanwhile, I ordered a new top at the end of May from Pena Brothers here in San Antonio. The price was $2,225 with labor (outrageous but still cheaper than dealership). Pena Brothers ordered the top through Chrysler and I was put on the waiting list. The top was supposed to arrive on 8/21 but it didnt come in. The new date I was given was late October.
I had heard about GAHH Automotive and that they were making tops for the Crossfire. Pena Brothers had told me they only work with factory tops but they were willing to try this company out since I had been waiting so long.
The only problem was that my original top had to be sent in to GAHH in California because they use the old top for its parts. So I dropped my car off for 2 weeks while they sent off my old top and waited for the top to be sent back and install. Total cost was $2,123 ($1,571 for the top, $425 labor). Also, the top has a 2 year warranty. The new top from GAHH looks amazing and the window is VERY secure! I highly recommend this option.

Sorry the post is a little long but I wanted to give all the details.
Please see the pictures of new top in my gallery.

Paige

Old 09-18-2009, 03:09 PM

I would strongly suggest that you call Chrysler over and over, if you cry enough you will end up with a new factory top but you will have to pay a $1000.00 copay.

Good luck everyone.

Ps: Traded my crossfire for a 2010 mustang Gt and I love it, I will never buy a car from the Chrysler group again.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Paige - You must be the charter member of the high mileage club. We don't see a lot of owners claiming over 140k---most seem to be 1/10 of that. How has it held up otherwise?

Old 09-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Forum Regular

Did anyone ever get pictures of the new top that "scubaman" had installed. Would like to see "tan" top.

Thank you

Old 09-19-2009, 01:29 PM

I love to drive my car. For a few years, we drove 150 miles roundtrip from Austin to San Antonio 5 days a week. Thats what did it. But I take really good care of my car and bring her in for oil changes every 6-7K and service every 30K. As long as I keep my Crossfire maintained and clean, she seems to treat me well.
We have also been through about 6 sets of tires! Oh and 1 convertible top! But no major problems.

Originally Posted by Goldwing
Paige - You must be the charter member of the high mileage club. We don't see a lot of owners claiming over 140k---most seem to be 1/10 of that. How has it held up otherwise?

Old 09-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On you new top is the rear window glued in and did they use your old window?

Old 09-19-2009, 02:40 PM

New window. The only thing they re-used were all the plastic pieces in the top itself. But the top and window are both new.

Originally Posted by Crosscar
On you new top is the rear window glued in and did they use your old window?

Old 09-19-2009, 04:00 PM

Is it me? Try calling your insurance company if you have some type of window replacement service. My car was outside when mine fell in and did a comprehensive claim. I took it in and they paid 2400 while i paid my 50 deductible.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:47 PM

Scubaman's in Tan
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/393535-post29.html

Mine in black
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-pictures.html

Both from the same company, my thread has better resolution of the quality of work

Old 09-22-2009, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by godfada
I would strongly suggest that you call Chrysler over and over, if you cry enough you will end up with a new factory top but you will have to pay a $1000.00 copay.

Good luck everyone.

Ps: Traded my crossfire for a 2010 mustang Gt and I love it, I will never buy a car from the Chrysler group again.
Or if you are a hot blond like my wife, you talk them into the Chrysler "Good Will Warranty" and pay a $250 deductible. Never heard of such a thing, but she is known for talking her way into these kind of deals.

Anybody else get that deal?

And as for all the speculation about why the window fell out, I have to disagree with everything except for too much heat. The glue really looked melted. The car was always garage kept, we never drove with the windows down and top up, and pretty much babied it.

We bought the car while living in Georgia, then moved to Tampa Bay, and finally Fleming Island, Fl. It actually fell out when she was at the beach this summer, and it was scorching hot.

I did notice that the new top window is still glued in from below, but it somehow looks a little different, like there is a flat zone around the window when looking at it from the outside. Maybe I will get some pics.

Quick Reply: roadster rear window stick-up