Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Can anyone help me identify this noise coming from my engine compartment???

Old 05-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Can anyone help me identify this noise coming from my engine compartment???

You guys are in MN right?
I'd love to come check out this beast and buy you guys a beer. Outstanding!

Old 05-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Can anyone help me identify this noise coming from my engine compartment???

I'm in MN but the car is in WI. But you're still more than welcome to come here and buy me a beer though. LOL

Old 05-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great job guys! Welcome to the club. Glad that the secret is finally out! Wasn't easy keeping quiet about it. Now where is our V8 section on the forum???

Old 05-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

And here is MisterTazz (Paul) before the V8 went in

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
MisterTazz.jpg (110.9 KB, 288 views)
Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So, when do we get to see a video of it going WOT?

Old 05-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I second the nomination for best mod. But I also like rowing through the gears, $hitty transmission or not. I just like it. And, btw, I either have to invest in better laptop speakers or your engine sounds like my blender making a batch of margaritas. LOL.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Goldwing
I second the nomination for best mod. But I also like rowing through the gears, $hitty transmission or not. I just like it. And, btw, I either have to invest in better laptop speakers or your engine sounds like my blender making a batch of margaritas. LOL.
based on the way we are getting the V8 ECU to work in the car there are limitations of what can be programed. If you want a six speed V8 car you might be able to do it if you start with a six speed car. The 6 speed bellhousing will bolt up to the V8. I don't believe there is a flywheel for the V8 so you would have to make one or try to use the V6 flywheel. I have heard the bolt pattern on the crank is different. Maybe it could be redrilled or a custom one made. You would also have to match the balance factor of the V8's flex plate unless it is zero meaning the engine is completely internally balanced. If the V6 flywheel can be used it could be balanced to match the engine.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcompart
I'm in MN but the car is in WI. But you're still more than welcome to come here and buy me a beer though. LOL
Where at in WI I would buy a case of beer and a full tank of gas just to sit and drink the beer while that thing runs ambiant in the background. lol

Old 05-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

simply awesome, guys...awesome!!

Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 PM

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

So .... all we need is a car and motor. You forgot funding!
All I can say is ...... I want one too! I'd love to be there when it goes down the track the first time. Watch out for that wall.

Les

Old 06-06-2010, 11:25 PM

The 55K super charger will work great on my engine and I am considering it but think the turbo has more potential. I am hoing to get on this soon but want to address a few other issues first such as traction. I am thinking of using a CLK55 rear end with a quaife dif.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:02 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Any updates on your project?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Infinite
I know, im working on that and I apologize for my behavior.

I know what the car was built for and it will serve is purpose beautifully, im jealous too. I've been looking at these motors they are just very very cost prohibitive, at least for a full time college student like myself. I think for high power applications the automatics are the way to go in these cars, I've seen people making tons of power with little more than a solenoid upgrade... but on the same hand, no one has really found where the limit of the manual is. HDDP hasnt posted in awhile so Im not sure how the manual stood up to the amg motor and track abuse. Clearly the aftermarket (what little there is) favors the automatics since every single "performance" mercedes application runs the automatic transmissions. I think MB/Chrysler really screwed the pooch not offering some sort of manual with the SRT's. Thats really the only thing that stopped me from buying one (cheaper than the NA I have now too, lol) Im working on developing parts for the manual tranny with a few local companies, because I'd really like to see people with NA's running down SRT's at the track
According to your signature, you're among the "young and rich" and do "designer drugs". Not rich anymore?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Any updates on your project?
We're still at it and getting the driveability issues worked through. I can tell you this, the exhaust note is music to our ears.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

the repair kit is in the mail,,v6 to v8 with all the goodies. jim

Old 07-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two points:

Yellow Crossfires are sweet, can't say fastest as my yellow isn't and it's buddy has a V10 in it so no contest there.

"Automatic? I don't want no stinken automatic! Automatics ......."
please ask John for the rest of this quote

Paul I'm excited to see your XF.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by dinasrt
According to your signature, you're among the "young and rich" and do "designer drugs". Not rich anymore?
I took his signature to be sarcasm.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I took his signature to be sarcasm.
And so was my comment.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:47 AM

I can't wait to see times. Any guys with the v8's taken a 1/4 trip yet? I would like to see how it stacks to a normally tweaked srt-6.

Quick Reply: Can anyone help me identify this noise coming from my engine compartment???