Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Interior Ergonomics

Old 12-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: Interior Ergonomics

The dude is right about a couple things. The cupholder is a freaking joke, especially with a manual transmission. I would much prefer the little storage bin like on the standard model but I'm not up for tearing my console apart to retrofit it. I occasionally try and keep a coffee in my console storage bin and it is difficult to reach and usually ends up splashing or spilling. So drinking coffee while driving is not easy...any may not be safe anyway.

The turn signal and cruise are easy to mix up...at least at first. I often find myself pulling the cruise when I mean to grab the signal stalk. But I just excuse that as part of the charm of the car.

Otherwise there's not much to complain about or change. It's a beautiful car with classic lines.

He needs to keep in mind that the root of this baby is a Mercedes SLK320 so it won't have the features of a true American car. I move back and forth between this and my Audi and the biggest issue I have is down and up to shift into reverse on the A6 and up and back on the Xfire. I always have to stop and think.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you wake up each day and think of one nice thing about your Crossfire...girlfriend, wife, kids, job etc.... by the end of the month you'll be in love, enjoy your kids, love your job, and will be able to really enjoy the Crossfire experience...Personally, I like a car with a little character.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Forum Regular

The cup holder I agree with. The Merc convertibles that have it pop out of the dash above the vents is clever, and would work well in these cars too.

I'm slightly taken aback by the adjustment of the vents though, I read through the section of the manual on adjusting the vents over and over and still haven't figured out how to get them so it only blows on my feet.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Forum Regular

Anyone have an idea on vent adjustment?

Old 12-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Forum Regular

I think Brad hit the nail on the head ...

On two of his listed complaints ...

One, the furshlugginer cup holder IS an out and out joke ... it DOES pop up all too readily at unwarrented times and it doesn't hold cups worth a damn ... AND, if you do manage to cram a cup into it, chances are you will rip the cup open when wrenching it from the jaws of the holder ...

Two, the wipers really should have variable intermittent speeds ... that's not too much to ask since it's been a common feature on many cars for at least twenty five years ... in fact, MrsS drives a Dodge Intrepid that is two years older than my Crossfire which has so many variables on the intermittent it's almost a challenge to discern the difference from one to another ...

Beyond that ... I have no problem at all with his other listed complaints ... and it's not like I'm some whipper-snapper 'dissing' a guy who's a little older than most Crossfire drivers ... hell, I"M older than most myself ... I guess I just adapt better than he does.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:29 PM

I love my 05 roadster it is a keeper and the crossfire is not for everyone . I love the feel of the car .

Old 12-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)

Brad the issues you point out are obviously the 10% of the car designed by Chrysler, but the other 90% rocks

Old 12-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kit Fox
Anyone have an idea on vent adjustment?
lol idk if its the only way or not but the way i do it is i close all the upper vents so only the feet ones are on.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by AlvinByars
Rear visibility sucks, and changing lanes in heavy traffic makes me absolutely paranoid ... but, God do I love driving this car! I have never had one moment's regret.
Just a poke.... I just put my top down....POOF unrestricted view !

Old 12-09-2008, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Kit Fox
The cup holder I agree with. The Merc convertibles that have it pop out of the dash above the vents is clever, and would work well in these cars too.

I'm slightly taken aback by the adjustment of the vents though, I read through the section of the manual on adjusting the vents over and over and still haven't figured out how to get them so it only blows on my feet.
Try this....there's a thumb wheel on the vents...close all the dash board vents. Turn the directional selector to the 6 o'clock position. It works... I just figured that out late last week !!! close off all the other vents (once the car warm ups of course) ...then shut them all down...TOAST !!! Works...give it a try.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Forum Regular

O man, sometime, the most simple solutions are the most brilliant.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Banned

Next time you walk by a Mercedes-Benz SLK, peek inside.....identical interior, button for button, as your XFire.

I presume we all understand that the XFire is the same car as the the SLK, 'cept it has a Chrysler emblem.

Sweet.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dwightdmagee
Next time you walk by a Mercedes-Benz SLK, peek inside.....identical interior, button for button, as your XFire.

I presume we all understand that the XFire is the same car as the the SLK, 'cept it has a Chrysler emblem.

Sweet.
Cept a 170 SLK had steering wheel controls, we got shafted.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is ~4 years old.. i'm pretty sure Brad is long gone!

Brad most likely payed MSRP for his 04 crossfire.. think of it.. if you had to pay $32k-$50k for your car, wouldn't you be a little disappointed with those issues that should have been not overlooked? IMO $30k+ should get you a pretty nice luxury car..

BTW, not all of you know this but the glare on the center console is mostly directed towards 04's.. they had a glossy silver finish on the center console, on 05+ they have a matte finish.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

bradlock joined 11.10.04, made this one post on 11.12.04 and must have left quietly because of the criticism he got.

bradlock come back they were just kidding, honest.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Me and my cup holder I use every time I am in the car on the way home it is just the right for the size of drink I get very useful . And even better yet i have leaned how fold it and put it back down in the console .

Old 02-03-2009, 06:55 PM

Anybody else out there think that a glass roof would look good on a black coupe? The roof shetmetal is just the right size and the dark glass would really blend well with the color of the car.

Lighthorse
05 SRT Coupe (Black)