Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Top not working, Spoiler light flashing?

Old 11-15-2016, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top not working, Spoiler light flashing?

Ok so this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2005 Roadster and the top will not function. The spoiler light is flashing and will not function manually. It does however go up and down at speed and works fine that way. There is no light on the convertible switch and the windows do NOT go down when I turn the D ring and lift the top. From reading in this forum we have tried a few different fixes and made sure that the divider is in place and that switch is working. I have looked into the trunk latch and disconnected the two plugs that I could see there. It did get the spoiler light to go out but then it would not function at all and nothing different on the top? I am thinking we disconnected the spoiler instead of the trunk latch sensor. I have an idea that it might be the fact that the door locks (and Trunk) do not work because the air pump is disconnected or not working at all. My question is if the Air pump that works the locks is not working would that effect the spoiler manual operation and prevent the Top from working? Any input would be appreciated.

2005 Crossfire Limited Roadster.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:42 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Top not working, Spoiler light flashing?

Originally Posted by Rmbigdog
Ok so this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2005 Roadster and the top will not function. The spoiler light is flashing and will not function manually. It does however go up and down at speed and works fine that way. There is no light on the convertible switch and the windows do NOT go down when I turn the D ring and lift the top. From reading in this forum we have tried a few different fixes and made sure that the divider is in place and that switch is working. I have looked into the trunk latch and disconnected the two plugs that I could see there. It did get the spoiler light to go out but then it would not function at all and nothing different on the top? I am thinking we disconnected the spoiler instead of the trunk latch sensor. I have an idea that it might be the fact that the door locks (and Trunk) do not work because the air pump is disconnected or not working at all. My question is if the Air pump that works the locks is not working would that effect the spoiler manual operation and prevent the Top from working? Any input would be appreciated.

This sounds like a question for Pizzaguy, send him a PM.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:23 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

In a word, YES.
Both the spoiler(body control module) and the top control module communicate with the pump module ( CLPM ) over the CAN bus for various signals regarding the state of various switches/sensors.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:30 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Rmbigdog

Everything that I read above makes me first want to suggest that you take all the trim out of the trunk so that you expose what is in the wheel wells. Look for water or water intrusion in the wheel wells. On the passenger side of the trunk, remove the styrofoam filler you will find and look under it - there will be a module wrapped in insulation - that is your pump for the door locks. I suspect it may be sitting in water. IF it is, the top's pump and controller (in the driver side wheel well) are likely wet as well.

If no water damage is found, look at the reservoir for the top hydraulics - verify that it's level is between the marks.

Usually, if you turn the D ring and the windows do not go down, I blame the sensor in the windshield frame. HOWEVER, just this weekend, I found that if the top module is indicating an error, the windows wo'nt go down. I personally witnessed this with a car that had leaked virtually ALL of it's fluid out into the wheel well.

So, the quickest thing to do is to take out ALL of the trim from the trunk and have a look. REmoving the trim is done with one of these:
Panel Clip Removal Pliers

YOu can also use small diagonal cutters or a flat blade screwdriver to pull the center pin of the inserts out, then the insert itself will come out quite easily. But that cool tool REALLY works!

Im on vacation visiting my kids in Chicago - I will not be on here a LOT till Sunday but I will try to check in from time to time.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 11-22-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Everyone, I wonder if anyone can help, my 2005 Roadster ( UK model), the roof won`t go down and just beeps when you press the switch, and the spoiler does not work automatically or manually and both happened at the same time, I assume the problem is linked, any ideas would be great, Thanks, Teak

Old 05-01-2017, 07:05 AM

Sometimes the top issue can be cured by just doing pizzaguy's manual procedures.
Manually lower it following all the steps including closing all the latches, then raise it again.
Costs nothing to try. ( if you already have a top tool and a 6 mm Allen wrench )

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ally+lower+top

Last edited by ala_xfire; 05-01-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:30 AM

Hi, ala-xfire, thanks for responding, my 2 faults have happened at the same time and assume they are linked and appreciate the help with the top issue, however I'm looking to figure out and fix both issues if possible, regards, teak

Old 05-01-2017, 10:20 AM

Hmmmm. The spoiler is controlled by the BCM, the top is not, other than disabling it if you are over 7 MPH.
Could it possibly be a speed sensing issue or a low voltage problem ?

also :
Both the spoiler(body control module) and the top control module communicate with the pump module ( CLPM ) over the CAN bus for various signals regarding the state of various switches/sensors.
Could you have water intrusion in the CLPM ?

Last edited by ala_xfire; 05-01-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Cool Re: Top not working, Spoiler light flashing?

[QUOTE=pizzaguy;877743]
So, the quickest thing to do is to take out ALL of the trim from the trunk and have a look. REmoving the trim is done with one of these:
Panel Clip Removal Pliers[/URL]

Neat tool, just bought one. On sale, cost more for postage than the tool. Still a great deal.
Thanks Pizzaguy.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesmcaleer
Hi Everyone, I wonder if anyone can help, my 2005 Roadster ( UK model), the roof won`t go down and just beeps when you press the switch, and the spoiler does not work automatically or manually and both happened at the same time, I assume the problem is linked, any ideas would be great, Thanks, Teak
Take all the trip out of the trunk ("Boot"?) and look for water intrusion around the modules in the wheel wells. If you find modules sitting in water, head for a salvadge yard and get new modules and as much of the wiring harness as you can - since the pins in the cable connectors will be corroded badly.

YOu can use my Manual Top Operation video to put the top up and down until you get it fixed.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:57 PM

Hi There, thanks to everyone for their help, I will try these at the weekend and repost the results , Thanks, Teak

Old 05-17-2017, 03:17 PM

Hi Guys, just an update, I removed all the panels from the boot/trunk and the area is dry as a bone, so no joy there I`m afraid, looks like an aouo electrician job now I think as I`m stuck for ideas, and I found the tool to allow me to put the roof down manually, superb, Regards, Teak

Old 05-17-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by jamesmcaleer
Hi Guys, just an update, I removed all the panels from the boot/trunk and the area is dry as a bone, so no joy there I`m afraid, looks like an aouo electrician job now I think as I`m stuck for ideas, and I found the tool to allow me to put the roof down manually, superb, Regards, Teak
Get this "all-in-one" tool :
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ey/2088990080/

Old 05-18-2017, 08:38 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire

George, is there a difference between the 'All-In-One' tool and the tool that came with the car? My memory fails me on this one.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
George, is there a difference between the 'All-In-One' tool and the tool that came with the car? My memory fails me on this one.

Yes, the all-in-one has the 6mm hex for the bow latch built into it.

here's a picture :

Last edited by ala_xfire; 05-18-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:07 PM
Thumbs up Re: Top not working, Spoiler light flashing?

That is cheap, I think I paid $34 for mine.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:40 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Yes, the all-in-one has the 6mm hex for the bow latch built into it.

here's a picture :

Ahhhh, yes I see. Thanks! Nice to know if I ever get a vert OR have that asked of me.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:21 AM
Smile Re: Top not working, Spoiler light flashing?

Hi everyone, I got a fix for the top not working and the spoiler not deploying, it is the boot lid lock mechanism with part number of A1937500285 that was faulty, thanks for all the help, Regards, Teak

Old 11-18-2017, 07:43 AM
Default Spoiler deploying at very low speed as below

Hi Everyone, I was looking for some help......again, my spoiler has decided to deploy itself at slow speeds, IE while crawling in traffic, parking , reverse or forward, no idea why, it`s a 2005 Roadster UK model as I live in the UK, I then to need to switch off engine, remove key, insert key put the spolier down,and start it up again and set off again, all is then fine until the slow moving manouvres , it goes up and down at the correct speeds normally, but not if I`ve had the deploying issue at slow speeds then it will just stay up constantly until I reset it, any guidance would be brilliant, Regards, Teak