Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Missing Latch Sensor Switch Striker Pad- Where to Buy?

Old 04-21-2019, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows won't go down when putting top down

Sorry for the wrong Thread starter, I couldn't figure out how to delete this thread and start over. This post is not about the missing striker pad, it is about top issues after reinstalling main hydraulic cylinders.

05 Crossfire Limited Roadster. My windows won't go down when I unlatch the top to put it down. I have been manually putting the top up and down after sending my main hydraulic cylinders to be rebuilt by TopHydraulics. There is no beep from the up/down top switch, just a blinking light. The trunk locks, then nothing. If I manually put the top down, then try to raise it, the trunk locks and I hear the pump engage for about 7 seconds, but nothing else happens, I expected the back window to fold up and the tonneau cover to open but none of those things happen. I checked fuses. Everything was working fine before I took out and main lift hydraulic cylinders and reinstalled them. I've filled and checked the fluid level in the pump. Do I have to purge the air from the hydraulics lines? If so, what is the process? Any ideas on how to resolve this is appreciated. This has definately been a learning experience and any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by NM_IT_JIM; 04-22-2019 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Thread title correction
Old 04-22-2019, 11:28 AM
Default Re: Missing Latch Sensor Switch Striker Pad- Where to Buy?

UPDATE: After reviewing some more posts on this forum, I've discovered that I may have reversed the electrical connections on the drivers side main hydraulic cylinder when I reinstalled them. I'll swap the two connections tonight and see if that resolves my issues.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:40 AM

FIXED Update: I switched the two electrical connections on the main hydraulic cylinder and then ran the top through 3 complete manual cycles. Hooked up the battery and tried putting the top down with the car running. Windows went down when the handle was turned, and the top cycled down without any issue other than a little whining from air in the hydraulic lines. Put the top back up without issue as well. So, success! Rookie mistake on my part. Note to self: always label or take pictures before taking things apart.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you tell that you installed the plug upside down???
I have been having problems for a very long time and never thought of that.
THANKS