Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Tonneau cover will not budge! BAS/ESP light on after battery change

Old 05-10-2023, 03:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tonneau cover will not budge! BAS/ESP light on after battery change

I have been reading through a ton of posts today and cannot find anything that addresses this specific issue, if there is one and someone could link it I would be happy to just read the answers already posted. (We also watched the two videos here about how to put the top up manually.)

I bought a 2006 LTD Roadster this weekend and it got delivered on Monday, and they were over 2 hours late getting it here because they said they had to change the battery right before bringing it. (I mention this in case changing the battery may have caused issues.) They told me at the dealership before delivery that the top works, but after it goes down the tonneau cover doesn't latch itself you have to do it with a "screwdriver".

So we put the trunk divider in the proper position, unlatched the top at the windshield with the handle, pressed the button, and it unlocked the top, rolled down both windows, and continued to make a whirring sound but did not lift the cover or fold the top into the car. When we got out and tried to lift the top to reach the tonneau cover it wouldn't lift very much, so we got in the car and held down the convertible button while turning off the car and holding it for five more seconds. Then we were able to lift the top enough to get at the tonneau latch with a wrench--not the one that came with the car, it is nowhere in sight. But there was very very little play with the wrench and it did not unlatch at all. I didn't want to apply a tremendous amount of force.

(Then we had an issue with the trunk locking, the spoiler not working, and the top not staying latched even after tightening with the allen key. The light remained red on the convertible switch, and it wouldn't stop beeping while I was driving around. Well, we read a bunch of threads here and got the trunk open, got the spoiler working, and have now got the top fully latched and the beeping has stopped.)

But I'm not sure what the next step would be in trying to get the top down when you can only turn the wrench a little bit to one side or the other before you hit a hard stop on the tonneau latch.

We also looked in the car manual that came with the car and saw that the BAS/ESP light could be on because the battery was just changed. So we started the car, and did the reset where you turn the tires to one side and the other (the ABS light was on and now it is off) but the BAS/ESP light is still on.

I know that's two separate issues, but I didn't want to post them separately in case the top isn't working because of the battery change too.

Old 05-18-2023, 05:47 PM
Received 350 Likes on 309 Posts
Default Re: Tonneau cover will not budge! BAS/ESP light on after battery change

Go on the Internet and enter how to manually operate the Chrysler Crossfire top and there are instructions. The best are by pizzaguy.