Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Any roadster top help welcome?

Old 06-26-2023, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any roadster top help welcome?

Greetings, recently had rear window reglued and went well. While in the shop, car top was open to get to rear window. After week recevied the car and now top makes lots of noise like *** will go up and sometines unlocks but does not raise. I figured out the truckl issue but am not where to start. I was going to check hydralic fluid but do not see any leaks on ground or in truck area.Any help would be appreciated .

Old 06-26-2023, 01:19 PM
Administrator
Received 886 Likes on 690 Posts
Default Re: Any roadster top help welcome?

Welcome to the forum, we are here to help because most of us came here long ago for help (or at least to talk about our cars with those who like to talk about our cars). There, I have been polite - so get ready!

Try editing your post so we know what you are saying. If the language filter put those asterisks in there, then tell us in specific terms what sound(s) you are hearing - we are not standing next to your car, you are. Only you can tell us what is going on. If you cant be bothered with being informative and specific, you are wasting your time and ours.

Again, your post is worded such that it is impossible to know what you are saying or asking. Do not expect us to work harder at this than you do.
Try these tips on how to get help here:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tech-help.html

NOW:
How long ago was the work done? Did the top work for awhile after you got the car back, if so, how long?
What is "the trunkl issue"?

Old 06-27-2023, 07:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What part of MD are you in. I am in Linthicum / Brooklyn Park by BWI and working the same issue now. The noise you are hearing is most likely from a low fluid level. Top Hydraulics have excellent videos on their website explaining how to check the fluid level and remove the lift cylinders if leaking. Klaus at Top Hydraulics did a great video on the removal processes. I should have my main lift cylinders back from Top Hydraulic in a day or two.

Old 06-29-2023, 09:25 AM

I live in Abingdon Md , i ordered the hydraulic fluid and syringes . I will take apart the trunk area when they arive. I don't have the tool to lower the top manully like instucted in the videos. That is concerning. Car is a pain in the ***. One problem after another.

Old 06-29-2023, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rocketman1953
I live in Abingdon Md , i ordered the hydraulic fluid and syringes . I will take apart the trunk area when they arive. I don't have the tool to lower the top manully like instucted in the videos. That is concerning. Car is a pain in the ***. One problem after another.
Here ya go, better than the original tool cause it has the hex key built in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30216544277...zzlXiA3ShZSMBw

Old 06-29-2023, 08:46 PM

Yes, the car can be rather quirky at times. That's why this forum is such a valuable tool to diagnose and maintain the car. Remember: Never take a Crossfire to a dealership. All the info you need is right here on the forum. Right before my top stopped operating the bow latch would unhook then the pump would make a loud noise as it struggled to raise the bow. Several times the bow would raise but when the main lift cylinders were engaged the top operation would cease. Upon inspection the pump reservoir was very low. Checked for leaks and didn't notice any wet spots. Filled the reservoir and the top operated normally. Couple of days later the same issues came back. This time the Reservoir was empty. Remove the right-hand trunk liner and found that the passenger side main lift cylinder was leaking. Followed Klaus's video instruction and removed both main lift cylinders and sent them off to Top Hydraulics. I'll send you a PM with my contact info in case you need anything.

Old 07-02-2023, 07:26 PM

Hi, I did get a response from 'Becca' in the UK about a convertible top. However my son (his car) thinks it may be a scam??

What is the best way to convince him? Do they have a business address, phone number? Guys have recieved their top here?

Thank you,

Terry Lee

Old 07-03-2023, 01:27 AM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

I have two roadsters and have purchased two tops. They definitely are NOT a scam.

Old 07-03-2023, 09:36 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

Ditto, two tops for two different crossfires. great quality and price.

Old 07-03-2023, 10:20 AM

Hi Green,

I think I have the same issue with mine. You are having your RAM struts rebuilt? What cost? I checked and what I found was 1200 for rebuilt ones.

Terry

Old 07-03-2023, 11:33 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

Top Hydraulics rebuilds them.

Old 07-03-2023, 12:06 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 468 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by terrytupper
Hi, I did get a response from 'Becca' in the UK about a convertible top. However my son (his car) thinks it may be a scam??

What is the best way to convince him? Do they have a business address, phone number? Guys have recieved their top here?

Thank you,

Terry Lee
NOT A SCAM.....
Many here can confirm that they have gotten tops from BAS International
Mine is currently in production and here is the info from my recent email from Rebecca at BAS

Old 07-04-2023, 10:18 AM
Administrator

As a group, I'd bet we have bought at least 300, maybe over 400 tops from BAS. Including me.

Old 07-04-2023, 10:30 AM

Top hydraulics charged me $410.00 to rebuild both main lift cylinders. I paid USPS shipping out and Top Hydraulics paid the return shipping via FedEx.