Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT Track / 3,000 mile review

Old 08-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SRT Track / 3,000 mile review

XF'rs
I now can finally give a complete review of my SRT after hitting the 3,000 mile mark.
Daily in city driving the car is awesome, not only is the Crossfire a good looking, fun car but it will mess with most any car that runs you at a stop light.

I have been displeased with the control the computer has over the auto stick shifting. My thought is simple I want to shift NOW so let me.

Yesterday was open track @ Sandia Motorsport and my SRT preformed at an incredible level. I now fully understand and appreciate the auto stick shifting and how well tuned the computer is when the car is used in a road course environment.
I have many hours of track time @ Sandia Motor Sport in my 366 H.P. race 240Z (2,300 LBS) my best time for the 1.7 mile course is 1 minute 37.6 seconds. Full on race cars are running 1 minute 29 seconds. The Z has a five speed manual tranny and I thought I would miss it, I did not!!
My best time around the track in my XF with a spare set of stock Michelin Pilot Sports was 1 minute 43 seconds. For a stock car with stock tires everyone was very impressed.

I played with the auto stick and determined the engineers nailed the shift points and finally left the car in drive and focused on driving. I was apprehensive about the recalculating ball steering and the lack of steering wheel feedback for road racing prior to getting onto the track. After my track time (119 Miles), I do not understand the bad feedback some car magazines have given the XF on the steering, the feedback from the car was way better than I expected.
Let me address the traction control, I really thought as soon as I hit the track I would disable the traction control but found it to be a fantastic addition. Again the SRT team nailed it, a few times when the rear was about to spin out it kicked in and saved the corner.
The brakes "WOW" with hardcore 30 minute session I had zero brake fade, the anti lock brakes feel weird till you get used to them, but stop very well.

Overall; One Hell of a performance machine. Nice job Chrysler!!!

Pete

Adrenalin is 100+ M.P.H. 100 feet before a 90 degree turn!

<http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2116389>

<http://www.sandiamotorsports.com/images

Old 08-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT Track / 3,000 mile review

I did the SRT track exp. a few months ago. While the Magnum and Challenger are unbelievably tossable with insane grip for their size, the xfire is the true star on a road course. Once the autostick becomes intuitive you need only think downshift-upshift, your hand taps, and the tranny grabs the gear. Add in the hard pulling, sweet singing, blown rev meister and brakes that grab like hell and your in for an uber-satisfying track attack.
I'm just under 3k on my roadster and it is just coming into it's broke in glory. It may just be my imagination, but the thing pulls noticeably harder and the exhaust note has developed a very cool burble just off throttle.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT Track / 3,000 mile review

i have tracked my limited and realized that this car is rigid enough to provide good road feedback. with the srt and an understanding of the cars power band to shift points i feel that its a great track car. its a great platform as a lighter more rigid coupe vs vertibie.