Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

350Z driver gets an SRT-6 lesson

Old 12-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: 350Z driver gets an SRT-6 lesson

And no one responded to my friendly post about doing some track time at a NASA event... I guess they are all street racers over there...

I'd take feets up on his offer to visit, but that would be about a 200 mile detour on our trip to see my parents... maybe next time.

Old 12-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
And no one responded to my friendly post about doing some track time at a NASA event... I guess they are all street racers over there...

I'd take feets up on his offer to visit, but that would be about a 200 mile detour on our trip to see my parents... maybe next time.
Where did you post? As far as the NASA event, when and where?

Was thinking of running with speedventures. I can guarantee that you're going to like this track.
Saturday and Sunday at the Streets of Willow Springs; January 6th& 7th, 2007

Price: $150 one day, $250 for both.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Unfortunately, I will still be out of state until the 5th and will have just driven 2,000 miles to return home. Not much chance of me making that event... maybe later on in late February or March... we'll have to see.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Toy
I just checked the thread over on 350z to see if anyone had taken the offer that feets made, but it seemed to shut them up over there. That's to bad. I really thought that someone over there would have stepped up with there Z to have a run with him.
That Z web site is very interesting. With over 70k members, and (on average) a much younger crowd than we have, it can at times be quite entertaining. Especially when you consider some of its more "provocative" threads. They are also blessed with some very good moderators just like we are.
The general consensus over there is, (IMO) if you like the way the Z looks, odds are, you won't find the Crossfire very appealing. And vice-a-versa. Try as I might, I just don't like the Z's styling even though it's been around for a long time now, it still hasn't grown on me. Which is strange because I used to be a big Z car fan, after all, it's the first new Japanese car I ever owned. I still think the Z should have looked like the G35 coupe.
I too was surprised that nobody took Feets up on his offer/challenge. But if you believe the old adage, "The opposite of love isn't hate, but indifference." then it makes perfect sense, and that's exactly the message their forum is sending us, we are "being ignored". So I guess it's up to all you SRT owners out there to "pick" on every Z car you encounter, just so they can't ignore us anymore, and instead, start hating us. That way, this automotive rivalry can "heat up" and get back to normal again.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't been on the forum for awhile so I just now read the 350Z thread and went to the Z web site to see what all the excitement was about...boy, was that entertaining to say the least. I have yet to get a 350Z to "bite" at a little friendly competition, but I'll continue to try...especially since the Z owners seem to get riled so easily. Most people on the road have no idea what a SRT-6 is, what the pedigree of the SRT-6 is, or how the SRT-6 performs and I've spent a lot of time educating people about our cars...and that is one of the things I like best about our cars...definitely one of the great "sleeper" cars out there.

GBM

Old 12-20-2006, 06:44 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah those guys over there have a inferiority complex no doubt. I think most of those guys on that board are part time car enthusiasts. They thought it was a fast car cause someone told them a Z was.