Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Original Window Stickers??

Old 04-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original Window Stickers??

I bought my Crossfire SRT-6 slightly used (4,000 miles). Does anyone know if there is a way to obtain the original window sticker?? Or a reproduction of it from a 3rd party vendor?

My dealer claimed that only the original selling dealer could produce these. Seems like Chrysler could provide them if they wanted. (I kind of got the feeling the salesman didn't want to be bothered with this)...

Thanks!

Old 04-13-2007, 09:53 PM
RPM
Default Re: Original Window Stickers??

Originally Posted by AtlantaSRT6
I bought my Crossfire SRT-6 slightly used (4,000 miles). Does anyone know if there is a way to obtain the original window sticker?? Or a reproduction of it from a 3rd party vendor?

My dealer claimed that only the original selling dealer could produce these. Seems like Chrysler could provide them if they wanted. (I kind of got the feeling the salesman didn't want to be bothered with this)...

Thanks!
I've heard the same thing. I tried to get one from Chrysler and they said I would have to go through the original dealer. Problem with mine is it was a Chrysler owned exec car for 3,450 miles, then sold to a dealer. I haven't had any luck yet.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
I've heard the same thing. I tried to get one from Chrysler and they said I would have to go through the original dealer. Problem with mine is it was a Chrysler owned exec car for 3,450 miles, then sold to a dealer. I haven't had any luck yet.
Same here, Chrysler Corp Exec Lease but no idea who the original dealer was or even if there was one?

Maybe someone else in the forum has had some luck???

Old 04-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The one thing that's nice about these cars is that they all come pretty well "optioned up" as standard equipment, and all of them are pretty close to having the same window stickers.
It would probably be easier if you posted the details of your car on the site, and somebody with a similar car could scan their window sticker and post it for you, so you could download a copy.
I posted mine back on Jan. 26, and it's listed in the XF Coupe section under "Replacement Window Stickers" and it's also posted in the Test Forum too.
Unfortunately, it's for an '04 Coupe, so it won't do you SRT6 owners any good.
Since there is no info printed on the back of the sticker, a nice color copy of an original should be a good counterfeit example, that would fool practically anybody.
Good Luck.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
The one thing that's nice about these cars is that they all come pretty well "optioned up" as standard equipment, and all of them are pretty close to having the same window stickers.
It would probably be easier if you posted the details of your car on the site, and somebody with a similar car could scan their window sticker and post it for you, so you could download a copy.
I posted mine back on Jan. 26, and it's listed in the XF Coupe section under "Replacement Window Stickers" and it's also posted in the Test Forum too.
Unfortunately, it's for an '04 Coupe, so it won't do you SRT6 owners any good.
Since there is no info printed on the back of the sticker, a nice color copy of an original should be a good counterfeit example, that would fool practically anybody.
Good Luck.
Aren't the only options all season tires and navi?

Old 04-14-2007, 01:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

question... why would you want these?

Old 04-14-2007, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sidez
That should be obvious... Since there are only 2017 SRT-6 Coupes made they are destined to be collectors items when they are older (say like 50 to 100 years from now). I'm sure the ones who's owners have the original window stickers will be able to ask a couple million dollars more than those owners that don't have them.

Oh yea plus it would just be fun to have one and see the original MSRP.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sidez
Sidez, I think I remember reading that you're from Europe, so you may not be that familiar with American car shows. But as "Atlanta SRT6" pointed out, having a window sticker in your car when your displaying it at a show is a nice "crowd pleaser".
20 years from now, having the window sticker, original bill of sale, owners manual, and warranty book and records, even the original keys, and luggage will all increase the value of your car. If not, it will at least make your car stand out over somebody else's car that doesn't have all that stuff.

Everytime I take my 1969 AMX to a car show, I get comments from people about my "original" window sticker (that I encased in plastic 2 days after I purchased the car).
One time at a week long indoor car show at a local mall in 1979, a middle aged lady leaned over and looked at my window sticker, then turned to her husband and said, "Well this car certainly isn't very expensive at $4,200". She actually thought it was a brand new 1979 (which would have easily cost twice that amount). When I told her the car was 10 years old, she got embarrassed and walked away, but her husband just looked at me and rolled his eyes.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok thanks fellas that does clear it up for me... I guess I do not have these stickers the only ones on my windows say "safeguard" "40 sg wd" and "pilkington?!?"

Old 04-14-2007, 02:32 PM

I guess i am one of the lucky ones...

On the drive back home after picking my buddy that came along with me looked thru the owners booklet, with in the booklet we found the following...

Original Window Sticker
Original Bill of Sale
Original Registration
Original Bill of shippment from Germany