Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

OK, here goes...

Old 12-26-2008, 07:52 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OK, here goes...

Originally Posted by Mr. Max
Brian, do you know anyone who sells that set up as a kit? I know LET talked about it, But I can't find anything on their site. I hate to lose the sound of my Hot air system (Code3) but I agree with you the SL55 setup is the one that makes the most sense.
Check the MBWorld forum and place a post on the SL55 threads asking if anyone has their OEM intake to sell - many SL55 owners have upgraded their system.

I made the suggestion to Cassidyrj1 - - he scored one for $225 shipped (with K&N Filters) from a member.

If you ask for the "good guy" discount at your local MB dealer you might get one pretty cheap - here's a link to the part numbers.

Also check the MB Salvage yards - there are a few in Sun Valley

Old 12-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to BLKFIN and all the others who responded - and especially Rob (Needswings) for taking my inquiries the way they were intended. I did get (very politley, I might add) educated on several points. I missed the part where the opening is larger, due to the piece being removed. AND did not take into account how size and routing might affect other mods. That is a big one! I still have not decided which way to go. The SL55 sounds good, but I want to hear more about Rob's new setup. And the intake manifolds.
Can't thank you guys enough for the civil exchange of ideas, and sharing what you've learned with me. I've had less pleasant experiences trying this on other forums. Looking forward to learning lots about my SRT6 from you all.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by splinter
TVT_DESIGN has them available…https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=29385.

I kinda like the SL55 air filter setup. BrainBrave’s points are all valid and true, IMHO. There is something about installing AMG hotrodding parts - from their parts bins - that adds a certain panache. No disrespect indented to the fine aftermarket purveyors who serve the Crossfire/SRT-6 faithful.
Thanks Splinter! TVT didn't yield anything but the link helped as Brian listed all the part numbers.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Check the MBWorld forum and place a post on the SL55 threads asking if anyone has their OEM intake to sell - many SL55 owners have upgraded their system.

I made the suggestion to Cassidyrj1 - - he scored one for $225 shipped (with K&N Filters) from a member.

If you ask for the "good guy" discount at your local MB dealer you might get one pretty cheap - here's a link to the part numbers.

Also check the MB Salvage yards - there are a few in Sun Valley
Thanks Brian! Good Idea. You seem familiar with my area. Where exactly are you in So. Cal. ?

Old 12-27-2008, 07:55 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by M Riley
Thanks to BLKFIN and all the others who responded - and especially Rob (Needswings) for taking my inquiries the way they were intended. I did get (very politley, I might add) educated on several points. I missed the part where the opening is larger, due to the piece being removed. AND did not take into account how size and routing might affect other mods. That is a big one! I still have not decided which way to go. The SL55 sounds good, but I want to hear more about Rob's new setup. And the intake manifolds.
Can't thank you guys enough for the civil exchange of ideas, and sharing what you've learned with me. I've had less pleasant experiences trying this on other forums. Looking forward to learning lots about my SRT6 from you all.
Our pleasure buddy, welcome to the forum!