Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

dyno results

Old 08-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default dyno results

well im back from the mustang dyno at delk performance in lebanon tn.
the tech there did a good job running the dyno until we got good graphs and numbers. over all im very pleased!! on the downside the tech wasnt familiar enough with my engine to start pulling lines to show me boost numbers. and to top it off the ecu does not like to cooperate with a dyno! every time the car would get close to redline it would shift or shut down! major pain!
so anyway after the first pull i logged 304 hp . 2nd pull netted 307 hp. let the car cool down and 3rd pull showed 323hp!! but the graph looked like a big turd! so cool again and 4th pull netted 311 after another shutdown cooled it again and th 5th pull netted 321 hp!!! 317 ft/lbs of torque!!!
this was way beyond my expectations. the tech thought 290 to 300 would be the best. monster motors!! temps were 75* 65% humidity.
now its time for my c3 pulley (thanx jake!) and the search for the rite intake continues. hopefully by xmas my present to me will be a custom tne by eruocharged!

as a side note i met john(jhm2k) and his lovely girlfriend hailey and jason (goodgenes79) and his energetic son at the car show fri. nite. jason srt-6 is awesome !! clean and fast sounds like a monster with the resonater delete!

Last edited by 32krazy!; 04-12-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: dyno results

Excellent numbers!!! Wow that thing is a beast. Must be all the badging

Old 08-22-2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Excellent numbers!!! Wow that thing is a beast. Must be all the badging
didnt anyone tell you black and badged is always fast!!
cant wait until the pulley and intake are on. should be great numbers

Old 08-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.you dynoed 321 and you're stock and on a mustang? geeze....must be the strongest stock M112k motor i've heard of.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by jturkel
wow.you dynoed 321 and you're stock and on a mustang? geeze....must be the strongest stock M112k motor i've heard of.
totally stock with the exception of k&n filters. i know little of the types of dynos, thought the mustang dyno'ed higher numbers than most. but im really happy with the results. the weather and humidity were really working in my favor i believe. it was just a great day!

Old 08-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

That was 321 at 5800 rpm and look how it was still sky rocketing! I'll bet at 6000 you have 15 hp more.

Les

Old 08-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
totally stock with the exception of k&n filters. i know little of the types of dynos, thought the mustang dyno'ed higher numbers than most. but im really happy with the results. the weather and humidity were really working in my favor i believe. it was just a great day!
i think they are the second lowest reading dynoe.

i believe generally its like this:

dyno-dynamics < mustang < dynojet < dynapack

though there is some variability between all dyno classes that may change this a little bit, and even within the same dyno class

32, was ur car in dyno mode?

Old 08-22-2009, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by jturkel
i think they are the second lowest reading dynoe.

i believe generally its like this:

dyno-dynamics < mustang < dynojet < dynapack

though there is some variability between all dyno classes that may change this a little bit, and even within the same dyno class

32, was ur car in dyno mode?
i dont really have a dyno mode josh. we just turned off the esp and shifted it manually.
5800 was about the best we could get out of it. at 6000 rpm the ecu takes over and shuts it down. to close to the redline is my guess. im sure with a tune it could do better

now a little off topic. im installing the c3 pulley. there are 3 shims from the stock pulley and jake sent 2 more with the c3. added all 5 and still cant get .20 mm clearance for the pulley. is this normal? im going to see if i can find a shim kit but mite have to wait until mon and call jake for some more shims. ballpark it looks like there is approx .50 mm diff. between the stock and c3. any input?

Last edited by 32krazy!; 08-22-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Forum Regular

Those are some great starting numbers. I would stick with the 307 for a stock number, but that is just me. Now to get that pulley on and work out you intake issues to get some better numbers.

It was great meeting Steve and John and Hailey at the show. Didn't have much of a chance to look at other cars between answering questions about what mine was and talking with the forum buddies. John, Hailey is gorgeous and seems like a real catch, so you better get an SRT soon... you know just to show her how much you care, lol. Great time last night and great numbers for the dyno.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It says "with WCF" what does that stand for, and what is it? And I thought mustang's dyno'd low, am I wrong? which would mean you still have more.
-steve

Old 08-22-2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
now a little off topic. im installing the c3 pulley. there are 3 shims from the stock pulley and jake sent 2 more with the c3. added all 5 and still cant get .20 mm clearance for the pulley. is this normal? im going to see if i can find a shim kit but mite have to wait until mon and call jake for some more shims. ballpark it looks like there is approx .50 mm diff. between the stock and c3. any input?
As long as it's not rubbing and you have a little bit of clearance at the closest point you should be OK. I think mine ran at 0.14 without any issues. In general, you want it as close as possible without rubbing.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by goodgenes79
John, Hailey is gorgeous and seems like a real catch, so you better get an SRT soon... you know just to show her how much you care, lol.
Hahaha thanks bro! She's definitely got the X-fire bug now. It's all she's talked about all day. She also thought your son was adorable

Steve, I'm with Turkel; those numbers are sick the more I look at 'em. Can't wait to see drag #'s

Old 08-22-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ckovach
As long as it's not rubbing and you have a little bit of clearance at the closest point you should be OK. I think mine ran at 0.14 without any issues. In general, you want it as close as possible without rubbing.
thats what worrys me. with 5 spacers in (3 from oem pulley and 2 from jake) it still rubs! i will need more spacers to get any kind oc spacing

Old 08-23-2009, 09:05 AM

Well that's all rather interesting...I thought that our engines usually netted around 280-290 stock.
Maybe there IS something different about the 32?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by aussiedude
Well that's all rather interesting...I thought that our engines usually netted around 280-290 stock.
Maybe there IS something different about the 32?

Old 08-23-2009, 10:00 AM

seriously though, I'd love someone knowledgeable to comment on this.
seems off to me. 321 at the wheels would mean 385 BHP.
That seems a little wild for stock. I made 280 with the needswings intake on a dyno dynamics....since then I added the code 3 pulley, and run mid 12s, so my car isn't abnormally weak or anything...

Last edited by aussiedude; 08-23-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by aussiedude
seriously though, I'd love someone knowledgeable to comment on this.
seems off to me. 321 at the wheels would mean 385 BHP.
That seems a little wild for stock. I made 280 with the needswings intake on a dyno dynamics....since then I added the code 3 pulley, and run mid 12s, so my car isn't abnormally weak or anything...
i was also told the dyno you used is the lowest number dyno. maybe theres a conversion chart for your numbers. i was hoping jake or maybe someone from let would weigh in also. its my first dyno on a car. did a bunch on my harley's but the numbers were as expected. if the 321 hp number was a fluke i could understand but 3 pulls over 310 lead me to believe the numbers are for real. i know nothing of the types of dynos used and this is the only dyno close to me. of course even if i take the very first pull it still showed over 300 hp.
i do know that it seemed if he set the mph numbers higher it ran better. ie: first pull logged from 94 to 110 last pull logged from 115 to 158. dont know if it made a difference but the ecu seemed to like it. revs at 6012 and the ecu shifts the car into overdrive or shyt it down. 5800 seened to be the magic rpm
of course aussiedude it could just be the badging!!

Old 08-23-2009, 10:54 AM

I don"t mean to be a wet blanket on this topic but it seems this board goes through this discussion every few months. Some one decides to dyno his car and the debate of the dynos begins again. To me this debate of the dynos has little meaning other than bragging rights. To the victor goes the spoils. The only way to compare cars is on the track. What is your 0- 60 time? What is your 1/4 mile time? ,etc. Those are the only numbers that count. It does no good to have a million horse power engine if you cannot translate that into speed. Get on the track and find out ! BTW I am very jealous of your numbers so far

Old 08-23-2009, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by dstuart
I don"t mean to be a wet blanket on this topic but it seems this board goes through this discussion every few months. Some one decides to dyno his car and the debate of the dynos begins again. To me this debate of the dynos has little meaning other than bragging rights. To the victor goes the spoils. The only way to compare cars is on the track. What is your 0- 60 time? What is your 1/4 mile time? ,etc. Those are the only numbers that count. It does no good to have a million horse power engine if you cannot translate that into speed. Get on the track and find out ! BTW I am very jealous of your numbers so far
i think you misunderstand why i posted this. i needed a baseline before i started modding and wanted feedback from some of the experienced modders here to see if the numbers were infact were they should be or was i in an underpowered car from the start.i didnt know that diff dynos show diff power. it was on here i learned that. seems im in good shape. if i had a choice i would choose let or eurocharged to dyno my car but they wont move to tn!!
as for 1/4 mile times the closest track is bowling green ky. i have never dragged at a track before and need more info before i go. and im waiting till the weather cools a bit to give me every edge i can get!! ballpark my 0 to 60 times are in the high 4 sec low 5 sec, but thats just a stopwatch and chalk line on a road by my house.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by smpshady
It says "with WCF" what does that stand for, and what is it? And I thought mustang's dyno'd low, am I wrong? which would mean you still have more.
-steve
im told wcf means "with corrected formulas" i was told this applies to the temp air humidty d/a altitude and a host of other things . it is supposed to correct the numbers so if iuse a mustang dyno at sea level the numbers correspond to the intial mustang dyo in tn.
even if i dont use the wcf i still managed 311hp

Quick Reply: dyno results