Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

F*** this car and chrysler

Old 09-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: F*** this car and chrysler

Someone needs to have a reality check at the ripe age of 19.
Guess what kid? Life's not always going to be easy as pie.
Sometimes you're going to have to learn how to handle stress.

When your car hits the $20k mark in repairs, like Bat's has, then you can talk about how Chrysler sucks, and you wish they would burn in heck. Her car's issues were caused by the monkeys who built the car in Germany, and not caused by poorly repaired accident damage, like yours.

Seriously, the car's battery terminals are grounding out on the hood!
That's not normal.
And that's going to destroy the entire electrical system.
You need to find the cause and fix that, FIRST.

You might want to check to see if the common ground point on your car is tight, as that was the root cause of all of her electrical issues.

BC.

Originally Posted by cassidyrj1
I am really really starting to hate this car and chrysler as a couple. For all the problems I have had with this car. First off the chrysler dealer lied about the car being in a accident. Second I have wind noies from both windows and some how chrysler can't fix it but only make it louder. Then a tranny leak that never got fixed until I fixed it 3 days ago. 2 sagging head liners chipped or scratched paint everytime after it went to the dealers but of course it came in like that. Blown alternator, blown bcm, blown air pump blow radio. Towed numours times because the damn thing wouldn't run. Bent rim thanks to KOST TIRES. High beams stopped working. Wont pass inspection because of the damn moduels. Now today for a great ending the car catchs on fire because the battery shorts out on the hood. Now nothing works and the windows are down and its starting to rain. Im sure I forgot a couple other things about this major POS car but im to pissed off to remember them. Im sorry guys I really loved this car but I really think im done after this. I have owend both the NA and the SRT but now if the car cant be fixed will be moving on to something different. I will keep you guys posted with what happens to my car or if I end up getting something different. Sorry for any spelling errors.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Received 354 Likes on 313 Posts

That could be caused by an incorrect battery, too tall ?

Old 09-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ZERACER
That could be caused by an incorrect battery, too tall ?
wow...talk about voltage regulator gone wild....lol......let's do 20 volts today, and arc a hood....when a regulator goes wild, things do get real bright and toastie....but, something is going to fry very soon....

Old 09-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chrysler blows in general for parts and service. I have had mine since I was 22 and had no issue except the typical shot cam pos. sensor which was replaced for free by a Subaru dealer where I got it. Any car has potential to be reliable no matter what brand or model. Luck factors in though lol. Trust me no matter how much schooling anyone has for cars, it doesn't mean they know this hybrid creature. Most dealers won't even touch them other than an oil change. I wish you luck on learning the tricks to it and sorry you got a bad deal.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JHM2K
I love you man, but that's probably the worst logic I've seen lately.

Instead of spending the money to fix a rare car you currently drive, you're wanting to spring for a $100,000 [msrp] truck the instant a few individual trucks drop into the teens...

Question: why do you think these few are in the teens? And what part of being in the teens makes you think the maintenance would be less than when it was still worth $60K just a couple years ago?

From another perspective, would you buy a $12,000 Viper, when GOOD samples still bring $30K?

If you can't afford to fix your SRT, you can't afford to drive a real Hummer.
Afraid I have to agree. The only HUMMER H1s I've ever seen in the teens have been A. Old as hell
B. Hiiiigh Mileage

Repairs on those things are not cheap. The Central Tire Inflation System, for example, is finicky and $$$$$$ to repair and the electronics are notoriously poor (esp. in early '90s models.) For your wallet's sake, I hope all goes well with your car. I think you'd come to regret getting rid of it.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Forum Regular

Not sure I could make that leap.... that is one box of a vehicle!!! Will it even fit into a garage???

Good Luck
Deb

Old 09-13-2010, 10:07 PM

im 19, i payed for my crossfire myself in full with 60k miles on it. i guess i got lucky and got a dealer that didnt rip me off (as far as i know) things happen though. Just have to be grateful for what we have. im sure you had fun with your xf's while you had em..ive had mine since june 1st '10 and i know just in the first week i believe i got my moneys worth(not doing illegal things of course) =)

Old 09-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow872
im 19, i payed for my crossfire myself in full with 60k miles on it. i guess i got lucky and got a dealer that didnt rip me off (as far as i know) things happen though. Just have to be grateful for what we have. im sure you had fun with your xf's while you had em..ive had mine since june 1st '10 and i know just in the first week i believe i got my moneys worth(not doing illegal things of course) =)
Good for you young man! YOU appreciate what you have because from what you say, Mommy and Daddy didn't just buy it for you. I was wanting to say this while reading this thread, i.e., the OP's folks are not really doing him any favors buying him his rides. I'll probably take heat for saying this no doubt.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:27 AM

You shouldn't take the heat, I said it too. You appreciate things more when you're the one laying down the 14k for a car. You tend to not beat down on it as much. My parents bought me my first car which I never mistreated, I used it the way a first car would be used. I've had 2 cars before my crossfire. Treated every one of em the same. I guess for me growing up in a family that didn't have much money made me appreciate things alittle more than if I grew up in a family where if I got everything I wanted id tend to be a little careless with it because I knew if I broke it id get another one =/

Old 09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I wouldn't recommend a crossfire to anyone below 30......
We'll see if you get invited to the next Indy meetup, I think almost all of us are under 30

IMO it has absolutely NOTHING to do with age, it is all frame of mind.

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I bought my car because I did my homework, researched the car to see if they were telling me the truth
We see your threads all the time, we know you did your homework

Old 09-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
We see your threads all the time, we know you did your homework
pizzaguy's homework probably has homework LOL...

Mark put the hyphen in ****-retentive...

Old 09-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dinasrt
Good for you young man! YOU appreciate what you have because from what you say, Mommy and Daddy didn't just buy it for you. I was wanting to say this while reading this thread, i.e., the OP's folks are not really doing him any favors buying him his rides. I'll probably take heat for saying this no doubt.
Hey no heat. The only reason my parents bought me the cars is because im putting myself through college. Its my third year in college and I already have in loans and spent way more than my crossfires yes both of them were worth. Yes im grateful to have my parents who would buy me a crossfire let alone two of them. I also do not rape my crossfire I treat it like the thing is made of glass. I do the oil changes every 4500 miles did the tranny fluid and filter and spark plugs at 50000 the supercharger oil at 40000. Last winter I spent 16 hours cleaning the underbody of the car and sanding down all the rust and repainting it all. I also keep my car spotless ask anyone who was at CAA how long I spent on my car trying to get it to look pretty. It maybe hard to belive but there is a 19 year old kid that actually takes care of the things he is given. Also on the hummer if anything its going to be a military h1 something extremely basic. Once again Im not trying to give you any heat I just dont think people give me the credit I think I deserve.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cassidyrj1
It maybe hard to belive but there is a 19 year old kid that actually takes care of the things he is given.
It's hard for me to believe there is another one.

I hope mine doesn't end up like yours. Sounds like yours mostly has trouble because of the accident. Mine has been running well. Had it act strange randomly shifting into neutral once or twice, but otherwise flawless. Only problem I have with mine is cosmetic damage, none of it my fault. A new big dent next to the gas cap from a door (the ONE time I park close to people) paint peeling from the trim on the roof, and a split front spoiler that I don't know when it happened, but someone hit it.

Other than that I love it. Hopefully it lasts me a long time. I am constantly worried about it though.

Good luck with yours. Hopefully you figure something out that isn't too expensive.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Forum Regular

Mr. Lama check your tranny fluid. I kept having that problem with the tranny going into netrual come to find out I had a tranny leak up near the passenger catilytic converter. Its not the common spot for the tranny leak but I fixed that and then did a filter and fluid flush and now have not had the problem once.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Forum Regular

I just got a flush about a month ago.

I haven't seen a leak, but I'll have to get under it and look closer. Meanwhile I need to fix my brakes squeaking. It is really bad. Stops fine, but coming to a slow stop it screeches like nothing else. New pads, so maybe just need to burn off the first few layers. Or maybe some anti squeak stuff on the back.

Always something.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mr-lama
I just got a flush about a month ago.

I haven't seen a leak, but I'll have to get under it and look closer. Meanwhile I need to fix my brakes squeaking. It is really bad. Stops fine, but coming to a slow stop it screeches like nothing else. New pads, so maybe just need to burn off the first few layers. Or maybe some anti squeak stuff on the back.

Always something.
If you did not use anti-squeak on the back, they will most definitely talk to you.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Forum Regular

Ha so I got some great information from the dealership today. Im actually amazed they called me and told me this. Between them pushing my car inside and putting it on the lift the managed to but a golf ball size dent in the lower middle of the passanger door. Now this is the kind of dealership I was hoping to find. Yes the put a dent im my door but then went on to say they were going to fix the dent and give me a detail inside and out and engine compartment and a free oil change. Sweet lets hope the car is going to get fixed.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bmorgan
If you did not use anti-squeak on the back, they will most definitely talk to you.
Yep, I didn't. I have some, but I didn't want to use it because they turn the back a blue color, which just doesn't look great.

Plus, I had these same pads before, and they squeaked. I had anti-squeak on the back, but they still did. Granted, they were messed up anyway. Paint and such was peeling off, just not good. They have a lifetime warranty, so I told the guys at autozone and just got a new set. Hopefully some of the stuff will stop these from squeaking for good. Such an annoying noise. Any tips to putting it on, or is it simply spray it on (my stuff is in an aerosol type bottle) and stick them back on. Also, do I do it to both pads, or just the outside ones?

Sorry to hijack the thread cassidy. That is good news though, definitely a sign of an honest dealership. Hopefully they can do something about the car, and if not at least tell you it straight. Not, "we got it fixed" and the car explodes a week later.

And if nothing else, at least you'll have a really clean crossfire that doesn't work.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 506 Likes on 348 Posts

I guess I'm very fortunate....50,000 miles with absolutely no issues ever.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mr-lama
Yep, I didn't. I have some, but I didn't want to use it because they turn the back a blue color, which just doesn't look great.

Plus, I had these same pads before, and they squeaked. I had anti-squeak on the back, but they still did. Granted, they were messed up anyway. Paint and such was peeling off, just not good. They have a lifetime warranty, so I told the guys at autozone and just got a new set. Hopefully some of the stuff will stop these from squeaking for good. Such an annoying noise. Any tips to putting it on, or is it simply spray it on (my stuff is in an aerosol type bottle) and stick them back on. Also, do I do it to both pads, or just the outside ones?

Sorry to hijack the thread cassidy. That is good news though, definitely a sign of an honest dealership. Hopefully they can do something about the car, and if not at least tell you it straight. Not, "we got it fixed" and the car explodes a week later.

And if nothing else, at least you'll have a really clean crossfire that doesn't work.
Anti squeak is usually in the form of a grease. You can pick it up at any auto parts store in little single use packets. You want to put it on the back of every brake pad. What causes the squeaking sound is the metal plate on the back of the brake pad vibrating against the metal on the brake caliper under braking conditions. It is not from the pads themselves. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: F*** this car and chrysler