Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Performance Trans Module Software Upgrade

Old 10-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Performance Trans Module Software Upgrade

Rudy and Speedriven should reply to these questions but I will tell you what I have experienced. Consider the source.

Steve I think the protection is there going up or down. In talking to Rudy he is all about engine preservation and longevity. Once you get comfortable( and it won't take long)with the paddle shifters it becomes second nature and you are going more by engine sound and feel. I like the firm down shifts as it is very close to a manual downshift droping the clutch and engine braking but with out all the left foot movement and related time. Much less chance of an unwanted shift with the paddle shifters than runing with your hand on the auto stick.

Les the one in my car shifts at 6000 on the nose. I am not sure if Rudy will be able to customize to a higher RPM shift or not. He told me he had originaly thought about a 6200 shift but backed off to 6000 for engine safety. The cool thing about it is if you are at say 5000 to 5500 coming into a turn and momentarily lift it will not up shift and you can get right back in it. For me I do like the fact that it will shift at the set red line. Rudy shared his thought about that saying that many potiential buyers were sporting some serious rw hp and may be running a tad lean top of 3rd and he felt in the long run it might not be a good idea to linger in that teritory for extended time.

Doc I wish you had said something. You know you would have been more than welcome to take the wheel.

I hope Rudy will come on and give you all better answers.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i have some questions that i need to know the answer. does the mod allow for downshifting at any rpm? ie: if i hit the down paddle by mistake in 4th at 4000rpm will it shift to 3rd and pop the trans? this is the main fear i have with any of the tcu mods. also am i correct in thinking this mod affects both auto shift and manual mode? does the price inc. any upgrades that come along in the future? price is in the ballpark just want to make the right choice.
While this will allow you to put the car from 3rd into 1st at 50mph, it will not allow you to force the engine into an over-rev condition. It still retains the safety aspects and that is also why we didn't offer a manual mode with it. That being said, if you're looking for floating on a cloud smooth shifts, this won't be it. It's not going to jerk you around going from from one gear into the next unless you're skipping gears but they are considerably firmer and more commanding so you'll feel them and if you want to drop two gears, it'll let you and right quick as well. As for a future upgrade, if we come up with one, we'll work with you on it but we've been finessing this with the V8 cars for a year now and done a lot of testing with the SRT6 as well to make sure we got it right the first time around.

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Does this allow a higher redline? Not that I think it's a good idea to raise it to say ... 6500. Along with the quicker up and down shifts do you reduce the torque control? Just curious for a few more details. Who am I kidding, I'm getting this from someone as soon as possible.

Les
We are not modifying the redline with this upgrade. We don't see the need for any additional strain on the engine and when you start buzzing them that fast, you need to account for the lighter springs MB put in these engine for better fuel economy and as a result floating the valvetrain becomes a potential issue. As for reduction in torque control as you put it, yes, we have changed the attributes of how the throttle responds to varying levels of torque and it really makes the engine more lively and the transmission more in sync with what you want it to do. Like BigKid was saying, it definitly gives you a much finer control over your car and I can attest to that myself taking his car out on the dragon.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Forum Regular

Couldn't find it on your site...

If I send you a TCU, you flash it and return it, correct? I love EC, but I like the idea of a semi-aggresive tune and not raising the rev limiter to 6500. Honestly, I'd love to see 6200 so I don't shift into 4th in the 1/4mi.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:22 PM

It is a swap. He sends you a new Speedriven unit, you send your unit to them.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Speedriven
Some have asked why we didn't go the route of a manual mode trans module and our reasoning was that the people who are going to be interested in this upgrade are putting some serious power to the wheels and as such, and coupled with the fact that this upgrade causes the transmission to shift considerably more aggressively, if you take away the ability for one to subdue that power and aggressiveness during inlcament weather and road condition, you take away from the daily driver usability of the car. We feel that this is the best approach to offering this performance upgrade and our those that have tested it have felt the same and are very happy with how it performs.
This is confusing to me. Maybe it is because I don't own a XF yet.

You say you didn't go the route of a manual mode trans module, yet the posts in this thread speak to manually shifting the car and having harder/quicker shifts.

I am missing something here.

thx.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:13 PM
THREE 6S

Originally Posted by Bigkid
I like the sound of that!

Old 10-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[quote=Buggin]Couldn't find it on your site...

X2, Maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot but we don't seem to be mentioned at all on your site.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bigkid
That is a great option but I second the call for shifting at 6200rpm. This is redline so it would be nice to get every bit of engine speed out of the car.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't wait to install the one that arrived at my house!!! Too bad I am 7 hours away. Next weekend

Thank you Rudy.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Foghat
This is confusing to me. Maybe it is because I don't own a XF yet.

You say you didn't go the route of a manual mode trans module, yet the posts in this thread speak to manually shifting the car and having harder/quicker shifts.

I am missing something here.

thx.
Our upgraded trans module software operates in the same fashion as the original software in the fact that you have both a standard/summer and wet/winter mode. Where the difference lies is that we have changed how everything operates while in standard/summer mode; wet/winter mode remains unchanged. We did this to retain daily driveability in all weather and road conditions. The original software allows you to manually select which gear you want just the same as this software upgrade but how shifts are handled while in medium to high load accel/decel has been modified to improve holding the gear you're currently in if you get out of the throttle before redline and allows for better control of what gear you are in. As for the firmer and aggressive shifts, this too is only part of the standard/summer mode as you wouldn't want a that in low traction conditions.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me via email at rudy@speedriven.com or by phone at 952-681-1000.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:24 PM

It was raining here this morning so I gave the W mode a try. The car was rock solid on the wet roads and tolerated some fairly agressive driving. In the S mode I would have been spinning all over the road. Really pleased with that.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Buggin
Couldn't find it on your site...

If I send you a TCU, you flash it and return it, correct? I love EC, but I like the idea of a semi-aggresive tune and not raising the rev limiter to 6500. Honestly, I'd love to see 6200 so I don't shift into 4th in the 1/4mi.
My tune on the roadster doesn't shift into 4th until the finish line. But, a few more rpms wouldn't hurt...you aren't holding it that long...

Old 02-19-2012, 06:17 AM

kindly I wanted to know this module modification also the changed one in sequenzial modality I explain myself in phase of acceleration you move the gear lever the advanced march does not enter because managed from the software it originates them that it changes to its like with the module tcu modified the changed one in sequenzial is free thanks

Old 02-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by blueeyes147
kindly I wanted to know this module modification also the changed one in sequenzial modality I explain myself in phase of acceleration you move the gear lever the advanced march does not enter because managed from the software it originates them that it changes to its like with the module tcu modified the changed one in sequenzial is free thanks
I think you're asking about how quickly the transmission responds when you shift it from one gear to another either manually or when the transmission shifts at redline. The transmission will shift quicker and and respond faster when you manually upshift or downshift and does the same when the engine gets to redline and shifts. Feel free to email me at rudy@acceleratedindustries.com if you have more questions.

Take care

Last edited by rcompart; 04-05-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:28 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Rudy,

Email sent.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Rudy,

Email sent.
I bought the module eurocharged'm going to send my hope them well

Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

I bought the module eurocharged'm going to send my hope them well
Wrong thread. And you must have used the wrong online translator.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Wrong thread. And you must have used the wrong online translator.
He wanted a more aggressive shift....he will learn...his translating software needs some help....lol... He knows about both Speedriven's and Eurocharged....he went with the latter....

Old 03-07-2012, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
He wanted a more aggressive shift....he will learn...his translating software needs some help....lol... He knows about both Speedriven's and Eurocharged....he went with the latter....
I wanted a manual gear change more possible and we have recommended eurocharged

Old 03-07-2012, 04:39 PM

I wanted a manual gear change more possible and we have recommended eurocharged
correct BlueEyes....you bought the right one for what you wanted

Quick Reply: Performance Trans Module Software Upgrade