Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Stuck Fuel Door

Old 06-22-2018, 12:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stuck Fuel Door

So my fuel door is stuck shut. All the other doors open fine and I can hear the pump work when I hit the open button. Has this happened to anyone else? Any other options other than pulling the trunk area apart again? It was a pain in the *** to get everything back together before when I replaced the locking module and all my retaining clips kept cracking.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:24 PM
Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Re: Stuck Fuel Door

Originally Posted by bbsrt6
So my fuel door is stuck shut. All the other doors open fine and I can hear the pump work when I hit the open button. Has this happened to anyone else? Any other options other than pulling the trunk area apart again? It was a pain in the *** to get everything back together before when I replaced the locking module and all my retaining clips kept cracking.
bbsrt6
This has been discussed previously for both problems, can't open and can't close the gas door. Attached is one of many threads on the subject....
Dennis
DTMenace

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...mechanism.html

Old 06-26-2018, 04:50 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

There is an emergency release on the gas lock and it may be accessible using the rear light access panel in the bottom trunk panel. I am not to sure about the accessibility part of my statement. Might work if you are an orangutan.
I’ll add a picture of the lock if I can find it. Here is a view in my stripped trunk, you can see the red unlocking latch, I think you pull it to the rear.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0948 (1280x850).jpg (690.3 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-26-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:52 PM

Thanks for the help guys but I actually found a thread on the releases location and was able to get it open last night. The problem now is getting the lock to work again. I suppose the issue is most likely the pneumatic line and not the actuator. I wish there was just a locking cap you could buy lol.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the help guys but I actually found a thread on the releases location and was able to get it open last night. The problem now is getting the lock to work again. I suppose the issue is most likely the pneumatic line and not the actuator. I wish there was just a locking cap you could buy lol.

while it hasn't happened to me i would like to know if the description and picture that onehundred80 described was the release you found and used. if not please describe what you did to get the gas door opened. as you found out it never hurts to have as much information as possible ahead of time, lol.

thanks
steve

Old 06-30-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by srs244
while it hasn't happened to me i would like to know if the description and picture that onehundred80 described was the release you found and used. if not please describe what you did to get the gas door opened. as you found out it never hurts to have as much information as possible ahead of time, lol.

thanks
steve
Yea the red handle is the release. onehundred80 is spot on. U don’t need to strip down the entire rear. Just take the tail light access cover off on the right when u are looking in the rear. Then just reach your arm up towards the front of the car and you’ll feel the handle and pull on it. I have short arms and I was able to do it so I think most people should be fine.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the update and information

Old 07-28-2018, 01:33 PM
P-J
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Rather than start a new post on another fuel door issue I am going to continue with this post as my problem is just the opposite...
After arriving at work the other day I pressed the key fob to lock the doors and nothing happened. Thought maybe the fob had dead batteries, not the case as I walked around to the back of the car hit the fob and the lights flashed. So I manually locked the doors but this does not lock the trunk. This morning I took off the right rear trunk panel and the Styrofoam insert on the floor deck to expose the air pump, started the car and tried to listen for an air leak...nothing I could hear with the exhaust blowing on my legs. I then lowered the windows, car still running, and hit the manual lock button on the center stack, doors and trunk lock but the I am able to open the fuel door when everything else locks. The service manual is a little vague on the fuel door operation other than describing how to remove the locking part near the gas cap to then pull out the lock actuator. Before I attempt this has anyone else experienced this issue of the fuel door not locking. I am assuming because of this issue that is why I can not lock the car? Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
PJ

Old 07-28-2018, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by P-J
Rather than start a new post on another fuel door issue I am going to continue with this post as my problem is just the opposite...
After arriving at work the other day I pressed the key fob to lock the doors and nothing happened. Thought maybe the fob had dead batteries, not the case as I walked around to the back of the car hit the fob and the lights flashed. So I manually locked the doors but this does not lock the trunk. This morning I took off the right rear trunk panel and the Styrofoam insert on the floor deck to expose the air pump, started the car and tried to listen for an air leak...nothing I could hear with the exhaust blowing on my legs. I then lowered the windows, car still running, and hit the manual lock button on the center stack, doors and trunk lock but the I am able to open the fuel door when everything else locks. The service manual is a little vague on the fuel door operation other than describing how to remove the locking part near the gas cap to then pull out the lock actuator. Before I attempt this has anyone else experienced this issue of the fuel door not locking. I am assuming because of this issue that is why I can not lock the car? Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
PJ
The key locks everything.
You cannot lock the gas cap cover using the Inside lock button.
The gas cap cover does not lock when the doors automatically lock when you start to drive.
The gas cap cover locks only when you use the fob or use the key.
The pump in the trunk only works when you push the fob buttons or the inside lock button, it will not leak air or make a vacuum all the time.You said you listened for air and did not mention pressing buttons, maybe you did.

Have you done anything to the fob? Worth trying to reset the fob.
If a lock does not work when others do then there is a leak in the airlinegoing to that lock.
There is the option to have all doors open when the fob button is pressed or just the drivers door.
The trunk unlocks when the passenger door is unlocked.
The gas cap is on its own circuit that is how it remains unlocked when driving and other doors are licked.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-28-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:27 PM
P-J
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the many tips...I replaced the batteries in the fob and searched the forum on how to resync the fob to the car. Not sure what post I was on but someone did not have any courtesy/map lights and the advice was to check fuse #9, which also controls the alarm. Well I did not have any map lights or trunk light, checked the fuse and it was blown. When I was taking off the cover in the trunk that holds the light I removed the bulb and apparently shorted and blew the fuse. I didn't think about the obvious, check the fuses. Anyway, I replaced the fuse, closed all doors, hood, trunk and pressed the fob to lock and all is now working. Thanks again for your assistance.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:30 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

That someone was me about 5 years ago, haven't had any problem with it since then.
At least it made me dig into the trunk and verify that the locking pump module was dry

Old 08-01-2018, 01:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I learn something new everyday about these cars.
just to confirm.
Pull. not Push? on the red thingy?

Old 08-01-2018, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nunyadam
I learn something new everyday about these cars.
just to confirm.
Pull. not Push? on the red thingy?
Pull ..........