Crossfire V8 conversions A section to discuss anything about a Crossfire modified with a V8 Engine

2004 V8 6-speed

Old 03-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: 2004 V8 6-speed

Originally Posted by 04Fire
Looking Awesome! One day I'll buy a Silver 6-Speed Roadster and drop a V8 in it
Thanks! and just make sure that day is a while down the road lol. My step dad and I have an idea we are setting up for but we are a few months out according to him. Im just the fabricate and put together man lol, he's the electronics guy. Whether ours works or not, no one else has anything yet...

Originally Posted by Dementors
Looking great! Thanks for providing pics. Sounds like you are having fun.
Thanks!! I am! ebay is pissing me off but everything else is going awesome!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 AM

Exhaust manifolds guy finally contacted me, we went back and forth for a while. Apparently his work has not allowed him the time to do anything involving sales, so he asked his little brother to handle them and he hasnt been doing so well. So the guy offered a full refund. Instead I asked about fast shipping and he said he will personally take care of it.... So hopefully they come in soon lol.

On another note I received my MAF housing and installed it, now that I know the MAF housing clip comes completely off it makes it a ton easier lol... Took all of about 2.2 minutes.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:01 PM

New oil was added yesterday (thank you walmart), along with a filter. The old filter looked perfect except for those gnasty markings on it that say FRAM. So it got tossed immediately.

Coolant was flushed and replaced yesterday. Along with power steering fluid.

No exhaust manifolds yet

Star DAS should ship sometime this week. He's waiting on the laptop to come in. Multiplexer and cables are all ready.

Engine cover will be on it's way soon thanks to Jim.

Then it's on to figuring out how to make her roar. Another solution popped it's head up but we have some negotiating on price to do... or figure out how to do it ourselves.

She's dirty but Im waiting for everything to be together so I can give her a good scrub.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I looked at your picture, and I would say it is begging you more for a dual CAI than a bath .....

Old 03-19-2013, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
I looked at your picture, and I would say it is begging you more for a dual CAI than a bath .....
I would love to but Needswings never went through CARB so I'm SOL on that. With the stock airbox coming I could swap back and forth every other year for smog between a CAI and stock but if I get pulled over.... Cops in this town already give me enough $h!* as it is lol.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
I would love to but Needswings never went through CARB so I'm SOL on that. With the stock airbox coming I could swap back and forth every other year for smog between a CAI and stock but if I get pulled over.... Cops in this town already give me enough $h!* as it is lol.
You're doing a v8 swap in California and you're worried about a CAI? LMFAO

Old 03-20-2013, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
You're doing a v8 swap in California and you're worried about a CAI? LMFAO
LOL the swap will be easy to pass with. If we figure out a way for it to work like lantana's then there is no problem at all. They will plug in to the OBD port and it will read that engine like it came with the car originally. No ref involved. If it doesnt work that way and my dad and I do it our way then I pay $100 to the ref and if it passes the sniffer based off the engines standard of the engines year then they give me a sticker with a barcode the smog guys scan.

If that doesnt work then I move one county over and say F smog lol... It would just make my commute to work an hour or so vs 5 minutes.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 AM

Update... I had to open a case about the exhaust manifolds. The guy took my shipping info and card number from paypal purchase and started buying stuff. I contacted the companies and they ran the IP address to Seattle Washington which is why I am pretty sure it was the same person. I got my money back already for the stuff he tried buying but now I have to wait for my refund for the manifolds.

The engine cover is on it's way.

And Star DAS will be here thursday just in time for a flex 3-day weekend. Which means I can run through finishing the wiring to the PCM and playing around with some stuff.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Gotta luv it.. Last week I tried buying over $500 in networking equipment from the UK! Fortunately my bank called before allowing the transaction. I have to wonder if Eurocharge isn't being hacked.. as that was the only "abnormal" purchase on the card.. and then the virus warning on the site over the weekend..

Just wondering.. you going to take this beast to a track for some official numbers when done?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Gotta luv it.. Last week I tried buying over $500 in networking equipment from the UK! Fortunately my bank called before allowing the transaction. I have to wonder if Eurocharge isn't being hacked.. as that was the only "abnormal" purchase on the card.. and then the virus warning on the site over the weekend..

Just wondering.. you going to take this beast to a track for some official numbers when done?
Hey at least the bank called, thats an upside lol. These hackers that are getting ahold of info like this need to be working with us to get software stuff resolved on our cars! lol

Once Im done I still got a ton of work to do before a track run. I don't trust the NA diff as is, so I'm going to get the Wavetrac done first. And it's going to be time for new rubber once the thing lights off. I figured I would leave the bald tires on for some real fun once it's going... Hopefully I will make it to the tire shop lol. After those two things it will mainly just be monitoring everything for a while. I just want to log data and miles, just to make sure everything looks good. Then yes, drag run

Old 03-25-2013, 06:14 PM

Great news... Through much investigating I finally received contact from the guy in Germany who got his Crossfire 5.0 6-speed to run. He is going to put me in contact with the guys he went through to make it work. They are Mercedes software engineers and it cost him quite a bit more than I would pay but hopefully since they know what to do the cost will drop significantly. We will find out tomorrow.

Another thing that is amazing is they can make it start by the key!!!!!!! So the guys running auto's with the start buttons may be in luck if it all pans out.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:50 AM

Star DAS is out for delivery! Looks like I may get the car all wired up tonight.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:00 PM

Got Star DAS

Unfortunately didnt get anything wired, too much going on and just trying to understand the schematics layout on the program is ridiculous lol.

At least I have something to fill my time for a while now though.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata

I missed this the other day but the same thing happened to me some one tried to take 500 from the uk...
Edit just got confirmation from eurocharged that there was a virus on there site. But it was taken care of.

Last edited by Easley15; 03-27-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Easley15
I missed this the other day but the same thing happened to me some one tried to take 500 from the uk...
Edit just got confirmation from eurocharged that there was a virus on there site. But it was taken care of.
Ain't that nice.. I GAVE THEM NOTICE.. most likely their site as that was the only "abnormal" purchase on my debit card..

And do I have notice in my email.. nope...

Old 03-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

slack slack slack!

And sorry Josh didnt mean to hijack the thread!! Your builds looking great ive been following it!!

Old 03-28-2013, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Easley15
slack slack slack!

And sorry Josh didnt mean to hijack the thread!! Your builds looking great ive been following it!!
No worries and thanks!

I finally figured out how to use Star DAS to get my wiring done. Its a PITA royally but I can do it now. So this weekend will be getting all the wiring happy.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
No worries and thanks!

I finally figured out how to use Star DAS to get my wiring done. Its a PITA royally but I can do it now. So this weekend will be getting all the wiring happy.
I predict you are going to make a LOT of new friends on this forum, Mr Star Das

Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
I predict you are going to make a LOT of new friends on this forum, Mr Star Das
One of my plans is when I eventually get up and running, make it to the dragon and bring this along. So far I only know how to do the netherlands mod but I'll figure out how to do the speed limiter and premium fuel select by then. Not sure what else can be done but with some playing around I might be able to figure some stuff out.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 AM

Oh and I know how to do a bunch of cool stuff on the non SLK Mercedes cars

Quick Reply: 2004 V8 6-speed