Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Convertible top material

Old 05-27-2006, 07:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertible top material

Looking for convertible top cleaner and protection. i called autogeek since our crossfire's are not on their convertible top material page. 1 day later I got a call from autogeek and he told me I should ask the dealer. Its hard to find a dealer who knows how to fix the car never mind asking them a question about the top material. I believe the top is Fabric and not vinyl. I think autogeek should look into the answer and add the crossfire to their chart if they are supposed to be the EXPERTS and want to sell us their products.

Old 05-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Convertible top material

Originally Posted by nova
Looking for convertible top cleaner and protection. i called autogeek since our crossfire's are not on their convertible top material page. 1 day later I got a call from autogeek and he told me I should ask the dealer. Its hard to find a dealer who knows how to fix the car never mind asking them a question about the top material. I believe the top is Fabric and not vinyl. I think autogeek should look into the answer and add the crossfire to their chart if they are supposed to be the EXPERTS and want to sell us their products.
porsche sells a great fabric convertible top cleaner & protectant...

~ porsche cabrio top cleaner: http://www.drivewerks.com/catalog/sh...PORCAR_pg9.htm

~ porsche cabrio top protectant/sealer: http://www.drivewerks.com/catalog/sh...ORCAR_pg10.htm

Old 05-28-2006, 12:09 AM

303 Products:

http://www.303products.com/tech/inde...TOKEN=41178585

Old 06-18-2006, 02:43 PM

Raggtop...best there is. And not expensive...cleaner and protectant come in a kit. Look for them at Autogeek.com.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a special type of brush that should be used to clean the convertible top? If so...can someone recommend one. Also...Are Raggtop brand products for Fabric the right ones to use on our type of top material? Thanks

Old 07-03-2006, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by BRappaport
Is there a special type of brush that should be used to clean the convertible top? If so...can someone recommend one. Also...Are Raggtop brand products for Fabric the right ones to use on our type of top material? Thanks
Not sure on the brush as my car is garage kept so, the top never really gets that dirty. I usually spray it off when washing the car..and just clean it gently.

Raggtop for fabric is the one to use. Comes in a kit with cleaner and protectant.