Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

SRT6 Engine Transplant

Old 01-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Engine Transplant

Originally Posted by Shawnkey
At any rate good luck to you. I would love to see you suceed beyond your expectations. I have been researching the same deal pretty much, and figured it's cheaper and easier to swap complete engines rather than add the s/c. This is of course just looking for small amounts of boost, not for race purposes like you. Again good luck!
Thanks... It's a time consuming process since I am doing it myself and my job is often 14-16 hour days... You are correct about the entire engine swap, rather than just adding a SC or TC... Much more efficient and cost effective...

Old 01-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
It's a place in San Fernando, CA that is a big "salvage" warehouse. They have all kinds of weird electronics and parts from the aerospace industry. It's called Apex Electronics. here's their web address. http://www.apexelectronic.com/ Take a look at their website, it'll freak you out... Everytime I go into the place I never want to leave, there are thousands of gizmos and connectors, you name it...
Looks like a fantastic place to wander around for days on end. It is a candy store.

Unfortunatly the website does not list the insulated O-Rings. Guess I am going to have to google the little buggers.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6_Roadster
Looks like a fantastic place to wander around for days on end. It is a candy store.

Unfortunatly the website does not list the insulated O-Rings. Guess I am going to have to google the little buggers.
Yeah, they don't / can't list all the things they have in that place, they don't even know what they have... It's really just a big bunch of stuff in a big dirty warehouse... You gotta pick thru all the crap to find what you need... I don't have a mfg name on those rings, just a mil spec number, so I don't know where to send you to find more... And I don't even know what they were designed for...

Old 01-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

try mc master carr for the o-rings.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help and information guys.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's been quiet for a while, is it getting close? I wish I lived in the area, I would flatbed my tool box in a heart beat to give you a helping hand.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:08 PM

Unfortunately, the writers strike here in Hollywood has put myself and about 30,000 other people out of work... So, I'm forced to be very frugal with my $ because this may go-on for a few more months... The only thing I am doing now is working on the inexpensive things, such as the SC cooling system...

Trust me, I'll post the progress when it continues...

Old 02-03-2008, 07:59 AM

Sorry guys, the transplant is on hold because I am out of state shooting a movie till the end of March. I'm bummed that I can't get the project completed until spring. Oh well, I'm going to miss the 1st two race weekends of the '08 season as well

Old 02-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a shame Derek, work can be a bouble edged sword; it pays for the things we want to do, but doesn't often give you the time to do them! I've been out of the country for work too (writing this at the airport), so missed 3 weekends of Crossfire tinkering

Should be worth it when you finally get back out on the track though

Old 02-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Forum Regular

Are there any specialty parts that you are still looking for? If so, there is a place in Orlando called Sky Craft industries. They have a bunch of weird, and hard to find things located on their shelves. If they have nothing you need, it's still worth the trip to browse the isles. It is located about a 1/4 mile off I-4 on Fairbanks ave, exit 87. They are the building with a rocket outside. Might give you something to do on any free time while you are in O-town.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular

Make it back to Cali yet?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:22 AM

I am in Charleston, SC for 6 months filming a TV series, but am flying home tomorrow to trailer the car from LA so I can finish the transplant. I'll post info when I get the car and my computer here.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Forum Regular

I like Charleston - nice place.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
I am in Charleston, SC for 6 months filming a TV series, but am flying home tomorrow to trailer the car from LA so I can finish the transplant. I'll post info when I get the car and my computer here.
That's only about a 2hr drive from me... let me know if you ever need an extra hand!
I'd love to check that bad boy out

Old 04-12-2008, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by 04Fire
That's only about a 2hr drive from me... let me know if you ever need an extra hand!
I'd love to check that bad boy out
I might take you up on that offer I have already made arrangements to have the MOTEC guys in Mooresville NC (NASCAR HQ) install the new M600 ECU and tune the engine... I'll be back in Charleston with the car by next Friday...

Old 04-12-2008, 09:27 AM

are you going to have it tuned on an engine dyno? definatly the way to go.

can't waite to see the finished product. I'm searching for a convertable right now to completely gut for a track car. should be following your lead with a stand alone.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
are you going to have it tuned on an engine dyno? definatly the way to go.

can't waite to see the finished product. I'm searching for a convertable right now to completely gut for a track car. should be following your lead with a stand alone.
I'm sitting in the charleston airport waiting for my flight home and saw your message... Yes to your question... It turns out that the MOTEC east coast shop is located on gasoline alley drive next door to charlotte motor speedway. They have a state of the art facility that deals with NASCAR and are going to wire the MOTEC M600 to the engine and test it on a engine dyno before I install it in the car...

I will be trailering back from LA on Tuesday and should have the engine at the MOTEC facility by the following Monday...

Old 04-12-2008, 01:45 PM

I'm very exicited....

Old 04-17-2008, 05:23 PM

Hey Derek
I know the Motec guys here in AU very well, actually the founders Ken Douglas and others.
Have used and helped develope their product for my RSR Porsche's and others and have just installed it on my M109 Bike . Let me know if you need to give them a little push

Old 04-17-2008, 06:32 PM

I'm a recent member of XFIRE forum just been reading thru your engine build entries, thanks for all the posts beautiful work, A.Fiore, in central Fla. Recent owner "05 Graphite Limited Coupe. We will be following your reengineering of the SRT, Thanks again for the posts

Quick Reply: SRT6 Engine Transplant