Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

SRT6 Engine Transplant

Old 04-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SRT6 Engine Transplant

Originally Posted by Anthony Fiore
I'm a recent member of XFIRE forum just been reading thru your engine build entries, thanks for all the posts beautiful work, A.Fiore, in central Fla. Recent owner "05 Graphite Limited Coupe. We will be following your reengineering of the SRT, Thanks again for the posts
Welcome to our forum!

Old 04-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HDDP, let me know when you're going to be in Mooresville, I'm about 40 minutes from there (winston salem) and would love to check the car with the new engine in it.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

updates?.?.?.?

Old 06-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Talking Re: SRT6 Engine Transplant

Originally Posted by alfdoc
If you didn't already know, charge air coolers are common on turboed and supper charged engines. They cool the compressed air from the turbo or the supper charger before it enters the intake, which makes the engine produce more power.

lol whats a supper charger?

Old 06-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pawntec
lol whats a supper charger?
I believe they're called microwaves now.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 AM

Any UPDATES ???

Old 06-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Take a peek at this post... from this thread... I think that's been the only update for some time.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll have a full update in the next few weeks for the modded SRT6 engine transplant... I can tell you one thing, it's not something you want to do for a street car and keep you accessory systems functioning properly. Mine is strictly a race car... Total cost including the new SRT6 engine and MOTEC ECU, Headers, Schrick Cams, Custom IC Coolant System, etc. is going to be about $15,000 not including my extensive research and labor time.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1010110.JPG (149.9 KB, 100 views)
P1010094.JPG (154.8 KB, 108 views)
P1010093.JPG (160.9 KB, 92 views)
Old 06-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a $15k powerplant is cheap for the amount of power you'll be layin down, it's the smiles per a gallon that counts!

enjoy it to the fullest, because it's just a toy!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
I'll have a full update in the next few weeks for the modded SRT6 engine transplant... I can tell you one thing, it's not something you want to do for a street car and keep you accessory systems functioning properly. Mine is strictly a race car... Total cost including the new SRT6 engine and MOTEC ECU, Headers, Schrick Cams, Custom IC Coolant System, etc. is going to be about $15,000 not including my extensive research and labor time.
So 15k + everything else.. wow.

HDDP, if you could do it again, would you have bought an SRT-6 instead?

Old 06-25-2008, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by nox1s

Remember that he'll be getting more performance than a stock SRT-6, with the headers and cams. Not to mention that he'd still be stripping the accessories out even if he got an SRT-6.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:37 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Can you post a picture with the SRT6 engine in the car?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah hddp has like a super srt-6 haha. its gutted and has a different wing and a different engine.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nox1s

heck if I had the time I wouldn;t waste my money on the srt6. get a limited 2004 model with high miles for about $9-$10k, stand alone ECU, strip all the parts and sell on ebay for a bonus of +$2,500-$3000 cash right there.

take limited motor and swap limited pistons with srt6 pistons and rods, maybe bore out the motor to 3.8L and slap on a $200 Eaton m90 SC.

your in for less than $20k

Old 06-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, remember folks, this is a track only car. Not even street legal before he started the swap!

I've seen the car in person... it's gutted... no original interior left except the top of the dash. Maybe not even that now for all I know.

Can't wait to see your progress on this HDDP.

I noticed in another thread you bought TWO more SRT6 engines... are these for change out if something happens to your first one on the track? Good plan if it is!

Cheers!

Old 06-29-2008, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
Yeah, remember folks, this is a track only car. Not even street legal before he started the swap!

I've seen the car in person... it's gutted... no original interior left except the top of the dash. Maybe not even that now for all I know.

Can't wait to see your progress on this HDDP.

I noticed in another thread you bought TWO more SRT6 engines... are these for change out if something happens to your first one on the track? Good plan if it is!

Cheers!
MMZ: No, I only bought 2 AMG / SRT engines, one is in the car now. The spare is going to be used after I have some extra $ to really trick it out with some internal mods that Extrude Hone & Metric Motors are going to experiment on... I'm having fun with this car, I'll keep it for a few years as my racer...

Old 06-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

So what is the verdict with this car? You got the SRT6 engine in there, the motec installed and it runs great?

My question would be finding an SRT6 powerplant and whatever accompanying parts needed to to the swap so it would be streetable. Anyone know for sure what parts you'd want to look for? engine and all the hardware for that obviously, would you need to use the SRT6 tranny or could you build up the manual and would you need a new column? I know someone on here said that when they need to reprogram the computers if one were to crap out, they take one that isn't tied to a vehicle and when you cycle the ignition 3 times or something like that, it mates its self you your specified components. Any reason why buying just an ECU if you can get your hands on one not tied to a vehicle for an SRT6 and then doing the engine swap?

Old 07-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From my understanding, you would need the engine, harness, and a NEW PCM. Having not put a PCM in a crossfire yet, I am not sure if they come to us like others do as "generic" no programing in them at all, or "specific" just need to program VIN and SKIM / key. Worse case scenario you would need an immobilizer also, so you could program whatever srt vin/skim into the two modules so the theft wouldn't keep it from running. Th trans is not a problem, you can use whichever, the NEW PCM doesn't care, it just learns an auto trans, when it sees the signal.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by rcompart
So what is the verdict with this car? You got the SRT6 engine in there, the motec installed and it runs great?

My question would be finding an SRT6 powerplant and whatever accompanying parts needed to to the swap so it would be streetable. Anyone know for sure what parts you'd want to look for? engine and all the hardware for that obviously, would you need to use the SRT6 tranny or could you build up the manual and would you need a new column? I know someone on here said that when they need to reprogram the computers if one were to crap out, they take one that isn't tied to a vehicle and when you cycle the ignition 3 times or something like that, it mates its self you your specified components. Any reason why buying just an ECU if you can get your hands on one not tied to a vehicle for an SRT6 and then doing the engine swap?
Well first of all, you will need to swap the crankshaft of an NA engine to mate the manual transmission to the SRT, its really not a fun process.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HDDP
Well first of all, you will need to swap the crankshaft of an NA engine to mate the manual transmission to the SRT, its really not a fun process.
Is the M112 2 bolt mains or 4 bolt mains?? Or 2 bolt for N/A and 4 bolt SRT??

Quick Reply: SRT6 Engine Transplant