Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Limp Mode - Check Engine Light

Old 10-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Limp Mode - Check Engine Light

Well here is what has been happening, entering a road and throttling up (hard throttle) while in the turn the car has lost throttle response and gone into limp mode four times (cycle the key and it is OK again) but the last time it set a check engine light. I took it to the dealership and they tell me it is the TPS and they have to order one. I'm sorry but I am a little skeptical only because it has only happened while in a turn and the last time I was trying to make it happen but I could not make it happen on a straight take off, only when turning. I know it could have a loose wire or connection inside the part and it only happens while in a hard turn but it doesn't seem likely oh well I guess we I'll find out. Anyone else had a TPS fail?

I know, I know, one of the guys already told me stop standing on it on a turn. Like I told him.....

naughty naughty, Baaaaad foot!

Paul