Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Ansa Muffler

Old 01-30-2009, 06:03 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ansa Muffler

Paul B, who is the director of business development for ANSA has said that he wants to establish a base of Crossfire users and he has agreed to give a special price to forum members ...

$201.53 + shipping (+ sales tax for residents of CA or GA) ... this is the wholesale price that dealers pay ...

sound is very European in nature ... logical, since these mufflers are made in the same plant that makes them for Lamborghini, Masserati, et al ...

For those who are interested, he had 17 remaining as of 1/20 ...

toll-free 800-841-9166
direct line 478.788.6653 ext.109

Old 01-30-2009, 06:32 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Ansa Muffler

What is the model number on the muffler? I see several ansa mufflers sold for well under $100 on the net.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

According to their on-line catalog, they don't even make one for the Crossfire..........must be a universal one that you have to 'make' fit. I suspect he would sell universal mufflers all day long for $200+ and laugh his **** off all the way to the bank. Unless you can get more details than that, I don't see it happening.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree with the others, I would like to see some pics and more info. Is it a direct replacement? Does it require any addition 'fitting' or is it bolt on? I have been looking for a replacement and the price seems legit, but only if it is a true XF unit, not a universal.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:07 AM
TVT_DESIGN

We are set up as a dealer for Ansa, and to my knowledge they only had universal ones. If this changed that's good news.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Forum Regular

I need to see and hear how it sounds!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Forum Regular

the muffler is not Crossfire-specific ... it is a universal type that is very close to being a direct replacement.

I had it installed at a local muffler shop where the guy took a quick look, took off the original muffler, cut off a short section of tailpipe, replaced it with a new piece from his stock, put in the new muffler (which is a couple of inches longer than the original) and added a hanger to the rear of the muffler that would fit into the mount for the original hanger ... the whole job took no more than 40 minutes and he charged me $50

I'm very happy with the results ... the sound is exactly what I'd hoped for, there is NO drone at any RPM, and the only difference in appearance is the round tips instead of stock ...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Ansa DSC_0914.jpg (79.7 KB, 138 views)
Old 01-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Forum Regular

How does it sound? Is it a little louder? Deeper? more or less bass? Help me out here!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Forum Regular

clearly louder than the stock ... a nice, rich deep sound ...

and, mad_med ... I sent you a PM

Old 02-01-2009, 12:46 AM

I am interested in this as well, I had ansa silverline on my 99 miata and it was perfect. Stock sound but louder, sportcar sound.

However I think we need to figure out the pricing on this, if we can get it for $100 elsewhere why would we do 200+?

Old 02-01-2009, 04:14 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Peterk
I am interested in this as well, I had ansa silverline on my 99 miata and it was perfect. Stock sound but louder, sportcar sound.

However I think we need to figure out the pricing on this, if we can get it for $100 elsewhere why would we do 200+?
If I could have got it for $100, I'd have been happy .... as it is, $201.53 is the best price that I and two others from this forum (see seperate thread) could get, so we paid that ... and I, for one, am happy ... love the sound and love the fact that it is substantially less expensive than a Magnaflow would have been ...

Perhaps MrPhotoMan could publish some pictures of the one he's aware of for $100 and make his source available to everyone ...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...highlight=ansa

Last edited by SteveS; 02-01-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Steve, is this the same Ansa muffler LantanaTX installed, part # UNO827?
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=18368

Old 02-01-2009, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by SteveS
If I could have got it for $100, I'd have been happy .... as it is, $201.53 is the best price that I and two others from this forum (see seperate thread) could get, so we paid that ... and I, for one, am happy ... love the sound and love the fact that it is substantially less expensive than a Magnaflow would have been ...

Perhaps MrPhotoMan could publish some pictures of the one he's aware of for $100 and make his source available to everyone ...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...highlight=ansa
i just did a quick google then i did a quick search on ebay and some showed up cheap. i am not sure of what model number you are looking for but it turned up some as cheap as $35. i do not want the muffler since i have a magnaflow on mine.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
i just did a quick google then i did a quick search on ebay and some showed up cheap. i am not sure of what model number you are looking for but it turned up some as cheap as $35
I have no doubt that the $35 muffler as well as the $100 muffler that you mention look absolutely nothing like the muffler for a Crossfire ... those are mufflers intended for other vehicles ...

Old 02-01-2009, 10:37 AM

For those that have installed this ansa universal muffler, is it possible to install it with the tips flush with the bumper like stock? The pictures I've seen so far they are sticking out and a really obvious its aftermarket.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by SteveS
I have no doubt that the $35 muffler as well as the $100 muffler that you mention look absolutely nothing like the muffler for a Crossfire ... those are mufflers intended for other vehicles ...
oh, so you are saying the one you are selling is specifically made for the crossfire?

the ones i had mentioned are universal as well. they may not work on the crossfire, i do not care enough to check the specs but they are indeed universal mufflers and the muffler you are selling appears to be universal as well.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Forum Regular

oh, so you are saying the one you are selling is specifically made for the crossfire?.
Major Correction

I am selling NOTHING ... I and at least two others in this forum recently purchased ANSA mufflers ... in the process of so-doing, we were made aware that ANSA Automotive was willing to give members of this forum a special price on the muffler for our cars ... yes, as has already been stated, the muffler is NOT Crossfire-specific, but it is their universal size best suited for a Crossfire and it is a very close fit ... the sound is terrific and is something many of us have been seeking, there is no 'drone' and the muffler is significantly less expensive than a Magnaflow ..

I have not seen reports from the others who purchased this although TheDon HAS said his has not yet been installed ... I personally like mine and have done nothing more than pass information along, which is one of the prime functions of this forum ... for you to come along and **** on the information I've offered is very small and petty as is your implication that I'm selling something ...

Last edited by SteveS; 02-01-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:45 PM

Just to be helpful for those looking for a cheaper option. I bought my magnaflow 14221 from dotcomparts for $109 shipped. It is the polished muffler so it looks great, if you get the unpolished it is around $88 shipped. This muffler has zero drone in the cabin and it sounds great.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by mrphotoman; 02-01-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

its just INFO....take it or leave it...there's always something cheaper in this world, but cheaper isn't always better is it?...so take it or leave it alone....
and Steve, did you also do the resonator delete when you had this muffler installed?....

Old 02-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Forum Regular

This muffler is almost $100 more than the price of a magnaflow not "significantly less expensive" as you incorrectly stated.
I submit that if you have knowledge of where a Crossfire owner can obtain a Magnaflow for only $100 that you have been remiss in passing that knowledge along to the members of this forum ... this is the very first hint that you or anyone else here was aware of such a price ... the best price anyone has previously mentioned was $350 ... plus shipping.

Why have you not shared this $100 revelation previously?

Quick Reply: Ansa Muffler