Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Oil change parts needed

Old 09-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil change parts needed

ALL,
I am a newcomer on the forums here, and also a recent owner of a 05 Crossfire Limited coupe, i have been doing some reading but i am still unclear on what i need to change the oil on my crossfire. any help would be appreciated, im a newbie to cars so im not sure if i should just buy the parts i need and take it to a benz/chrysler dealer and have them change it??

Old 09-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Oil change parts needed

Originally Posted by daniboy17
ALL,
I am a newcomer on the forums here, and also a recent owner of a 05 Crossfire Limited coupe, i have been doing some reading but i am still unclear on what i need to change the oil on my crossfire. any help would be appreciated, im a newbie to cars so im not sure if i should just buy the parts i need and take it to a benz/chrysler dealer and have them change it??
Welcome!

8.5 quarts of Mobil1 0W40 (Euro) oil and a fleece filter/kit. The filter is not your usual can type, it is installed on a spit arrangement from the top.

Use the search function and you will find plenty of threads on this subject.

Pleanty of them.

Most folks use a suction-type device to extract the oil through the dipstick tube. This is the way Mercedes will do it. Others do the normal jack it up and drain it. There is a replaceable washer/gasket if you go that route.

Do some reading and it will be clear!

www.slkworld.com has a great how-to section. Our cars are built on the R170 platform and these how-to's work for us.

Mostly.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

8.5 qts is only for the supercharged 3.2 litre engine. if your are n/a engine your looking at approx 6 qts.

new crush washer needed if drained from the bottom. fleece filter and o rings

Old 09-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
8.5 qts is only for the supercharged 3.2 litre engine. if your are n/a engine your looking at approx 6 qts.

? ......................
Drivers Handbook and shop manual says that, everyone else says different.
I'll go with what the general consensus is, 8 liters give or take.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My N/A (2004 Coupe) takes 8.5 qts of oil? However, I just use 8. I think that the 04 owners manual incorrectly lists it as 6 qts.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:18 PM

ALL require 8.5 quarts.

This is out of the 2004 Owners Manual:

Last edited by InfernoRedXfire; 09-11-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Man I hope you take it in for your oil changes, if not, I hope you have plenty of $ for all those engines every 7000 miles or so... Going volume for this engine (NA M112) is 8.5 qts sometimes minus a half of a qt. when you change it.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:09 PM

ALL,
Oh, welcome to the forum. I just added you to the list of Texas Crossfire owners: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...mber-list.html

Also, are you aware of the BIG get together later this month?: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...sept-26th.html

Old 09-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

8.5 in my '04. Don't trust everything you read. Filter 7078 at NAPA. James

Old 07-25-2017, 08:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Changed my oil and filter in June of this year, YUP, it took 8.5 quarts. I used the MityVac oil extractor and filled it up to with-in two inches from the top. N/A 2004 coupe.
Bill T.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:53 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Billto
Changed my oil and filter in June of this year, YUP, it took 8.5 quarts. I used the MityVac oil extractor and filled it up to with-in two inches from the top. N/A 2004 coupe.
Bill T.
This thread is 8 years old and is in error.. You are of course correct.
Look at the thread date before answering it.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ansa muffler advise

I'm looking to put the Ana's sport muffler on that I purchased nearly two years ago. I have somewhat of a delima.
1. Had to purchase my own stainless steel pipe, flange and hangers, because every muffler shop seems to only use aluminized steel; now I'm told the can bend it but not a mandrel bend, so bends won't be uniformed.
2. I dont care for the Ansa straight round tips, but don't want to cut off original tips ( so I can always go back to original). I have to sets of other after market stainless tips, but so far no shop can bend. 2" dia. Pipe in a 5" approx. length in a "s" shape/curve like the original muffler exists.

For the work around this particular road block, I've considered using stainless flex piping to connect my tip options. What do you guys think of flex exhaust pipe used to connect tips to muffler or flex pipe in general?

Old 07-26-2017, 06:59 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: Ansa muffler advise

Originally Posted by T. K. D.
I'm looking to put the Ana's sport muffler on that I purchased nearly two years ago. I have somewhat of a delima.
1. Had to purchase my own stainless steel pipe, flange and hangers, because every muffler shop seems to only use aluminized steel; now I'm told the can bend it but not a mandrel bend, so bends won't be uniformed.
2. I dont care for the Ansa straight round tips, but don't want to cut off original tips ( so I can always go back to original). I have to sets of other after market stainless tips, but so far no shop can bend. 2" dia. Pipe in a 5" approx. length in a "s" shape/curve like the original muffler exists.

For the work around this particular road block, I've considered using stainless flex piping to connect my tip options. What do you guys think of flex exhaust pipe used to connect tips to muffler or flex pipe in general?

In an outdated oil change thread?

Old 07-26-2017, 11:32 AM
Forum Regular

ALL,
Once you move around the Forum you will notice most if not all folks say stay away from dealerships. People here on the Forum will steer you straight. search: "Oil Changes" I bought a MityVac Oil Extractor which works GREAT. and no mess. Check it out.
Bill T.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:36 AM
Forum Regular

N/A 6 quarts >>>>> WRONG!

Old 07-26-2017, 11:44 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Billto
N/A 6 quarts >>>>> WRONG!
After 8 years he has probably figured that out