Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

BEGi Crossfire Turbo Kit by Bell Experimental Group

Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: BEGi Crossfire Turbo Kit by Bell Experimental Group

Originally Posted by jonctovar
Sorry I guess I was to worked up reading about this that I completly missed it...btw I'm doing a HOW TO on installing led's inside the headlight housing as we speak...waiting for silicone to dry ...where shall I post this??
Good to see you have a sense of humor too.. LOL. Personal thoughts on your headlights would be start a new thread on the exterior and lighting section.. Oh.. and yeah you could probably deal with a turbo install.. LOL. So pull my headlights and say 30 bucks for your headlight mod (shipping extra of course).. weekend turn around?

Old 06-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It takes about 5 to 6 hours to do one..... and the headlights look good installed but they will look all melted all around..they are sealed better than factory i gurantee it but they look messy around the edges i will post this procedure tomorrow. I am going to have to reject your $35 offer lol too much work.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonctovar
Im a new member in the forum and i want a turbo kit ..... Please give me the info to do so!!! Been searching up and down for sc or turbo kits for Crossfires.. Willing to wait a year for this!!!
Sorry I didn't know you were serious, I would have directed you to where you could get the Turbo kit.
Seeing as you parachuted right into the Turbo thread, where people are patiently waiting..and me. You mentioned you would wait a year and that put me in a cold sweat and a state of depression that I am just coming out of. You mentioned for me to quit my crying or drop out.
I have addressed this clearly on some earlier posts, a little reading and you will find it. It just ain't gona happen. Welcome to the Forum ,everything you need to know is here.
P.S. you don't happen to have a front lip spoiler do you?? my last deal fell through I think.

Oh Herman, you pegged me pretty good, but you would have lost money , I don't visit any other sites, I save it all up for here. I didn't surf into here, I have been around awhile, and about the Meds..the change in Meds is what got me back to writing here. And no I won't be changing Meds back soon. I appreciate your effort in answering some of my questions, the one that gives me pause, is, you said you estimated twice as long in a build, what happens when it starts to be 3 or 4 times as long?

Mrmiata please don't think I am ignoring you, it's late and past my bed time.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 AM

BEGi Turbo XF hows it workin on the na crossfire any improvements in hp what are the numbers and how much did it cost

Old 06-23-2012, 02:46 AM

OK so im trying to upload the HOW TO LED DRL install inside the headlight housing...But the file is 5.57 Mb max is 4.47...any ideas ppl??? Or shall i find some random upload site and post url>??? it wont last long there few months then it will no longer work with url

Old 06-23-2012, 02:48 AM

Nevermind ...i will convert it to PDF then post it ...half size when converted sorry ppl brain dosent work at this hour

Old 06-23-2012, 02:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You wont' be able to post it as a .pdf...

Old 06-23-2012, 02:52 AM
Forum Regular

Research is Your friend! If You had even bothered to read this page all your current quetions would have been answered. [QUOTE=bionicdriver;680075]BEGi Turbo XF hows it workin on the na crossfire any improvements in hp what are the numbers and how much did it cost
[/QUOTE]

Old 06-23-2012, 02:59 AM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post680079

here is the link to my LED How to...and i was able to POST IT ON PDF lildaddym....pssshhh

Old 06-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bionicdriver
BEGi Turbo XF hows it workin on the na crossfire any improvements in hp what are the numbers and how much did it cost
All good questions..None that we can answer at this time but we should be able to in the near future. Things are moving better than expected, have a little patience like the rest of us and all your question should be eventually answered. I've been told numerous times that patience is the key here.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:41 PM

My spot is up "for sale". If you want in on the initial group by pm me for details. First come first serve. Before Bjames says anything I'm getting out because personal issues have come up and I can't cover the full price not a lack of interest. I'll still be watching this thread

Sale of spot pending.

Last edited by cmac; 06-25-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:38 PM

Good NEWS for those waiting for answers from BEGi... I will be going to San Antonio on the 4th of july week, and i will stop by the shop if Corky allows me to.. Check on progress and whatnot take vid or pics... Any questions you want me to take him beside HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE.....will be welcomed.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

UPDATE YO!
Still having problems with disabling traction control. HELP!
(my underlining)

"
DJ,
I am getting hugely annoyed with not being able to tell you the CF/1 runs.

Details, details…… over the week we laid out the oil lines and return pump. The pump is an electrical piece and was an old used one. It worked perfectly. We’ll add a brand new one of kind, but the old piece made for a better test.

We need yet to fix the traction control problem. Need to do so without a reflash to avoid the cost when the rising rate regulator is used. Since we failed initially to fix it, we’re obviously some concerned. Especially so since we’re gonna drive this thing soon. Any directions you or the forums might offer will be much appreciated.

A short time ago we powder coated some tubes to a gray gloss. They looked first class. Not sure that is the best choice for your CF. What would you prefer?

Here’s a note of fun; a pickup we just finished with a requested 4 psi boost took the stock rwhp from 182 to 280. That was a tick more than expected. The gain in power vs the pressure ratio suggests the numbers are bogus, but they are explainable…….. will do so if needed.

I expect the same phenomenon for the CF.

Best regards,

Corky"

Old 06-25-2012, 06:34 AM
Forum Regular

I thought the only way to dyno with the front tires stationary was to put the car in dyno mode using a STAR diagnostics tool, (dont know if this is SRT specific or not) otherwise the front tires have to be going 15mph+ or it won't let you go all the way to 6000. Euro charged and other companies have dyno days frequently enough that they should be able to provide help as well. I did a quick search for dyno but did not see a definitive answer and nothing specific for the NA. Will do some more digging if required but I'm sure others have the knowledge more readily available.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:01 AM

Eurocharged always pulls two fuses from the underhood panel. Don't remember which two though. I'm sure Jerry Thorton would be glad to share info. jerrythorton@eurocharged.com or call him at
281-398-9700.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dtinker
Eurocharged always pulls two fuses from the underhood panel. Don't remember which two though. I'm sure Jerry Thorton would be glad to share info. jerrythorton@eurocharged.com or call him at
281-398-9700.
Think it is 17 and 18 on an auto but not sure if it's the same for manual.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1
UPDATE YO!
Still having problems with disabling traction control. HELP!
(my underlining)

"
DJ,
I am getting hugely annoyed with not being able to tell you the CF/1 runs.

Details, details…… over the week we laid out the oil lines and return pump. The pump is an electrical piece and was an old used one. It worked perfectly. We’ll add a brand new one of kind, but the old piece made for a better test.

We need yet to fix the traction control problem. Need to do so without a reflash to avoid the cost when the rising rate regulator is used. Since we failed initially to fix it, we’re obviously some concerned. Especially so since we’re gonna drive this thing soon. Any directions you or the forums might offer will be much appreciated.

A short time ago we powder coated some tubes to a gray gloss. They looked first class. Not sure that is the best choice for your CF. What would you prefer?

Here’s a note of fun; a pickup we just finished with a requested 4 psi boost took the stock rwhp from 182 to 280. That was a tick more than expected. The gain in power vs the pressure ratio suggests the numbers are bogus, but they are explainable…….. will do so if needed.

I expect the same phenomenon for the CF.

Best regards,

Corky"
There is a way to do it with relays, you pretty much wire them in a way that when a switch is thrown, the wheel speed sensor signal is split between the front and rear wheels, tricking the computer into thinking they are spinning at the same speed. I was going to do this in mine but never got around to it. Hope this helps.
AutoSpeed - Modifying Electronic Car Handling Systems, Part 3

Old 06-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Quick read through.. they are reading from the front wheels, which wouldn't be ideal for our situation.. but seems along those lines just wire in a lead to share the rear wheel signal and run from it to the front signals leads where it plugs in at the fender well? Just tape it to the car since your not "running down the highway.."
Also seems like an ideal way to isolate that "ABS" error..just swap it around till all reads good and you've isolated your dead sensor..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 06-25-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM

OK so i just added a small mod to my headlight check out the threat and tell me wich one you like best https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post680575

Im trying Eurocharge to see if i can get any info on how to dyno the crossfire properly

Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i cant remember how many times i have dyno'd my 32. never had to pull a switch or fuse. using the dyno to read from 60 to 135 mph and shift before 6200 rpm and never had any issues. had my car on the dyno at buckhead imports for 6 hrs with no problems.

Quick Reply: BEGi Crossfire Turbo Kit by Bell Experimental Group