Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Crossfire won't reset throttle response

Old 04-29-2018, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire won't reset throttle response

Hey Guys,

i haven't been very active on this forum, i introduced myself a couple years back tho.
I'm struggling with my car not being able to reset the throttle response (On -> 5 sec gas -> off -> release gas -> wait procedure). This happened since i let the stealership repair my clutchplate & flywheel (for a whopping 2300€). I haven't done the reset very often, so i can't tell if it's since the clutch repair.
I read that the battery could cause all kinds of issues. I haven't replaced mine since i owned it (which is 3,5 years from now). If i look under the hood, there's a Requal RBR 070 in there, which i can't even find on the net. I tried disengaging the battery (for 3 days) which didn't work either. I ordered a new one and hope that fixes my problem.
By the way; If i try to do the reset, instead of giving me the tool icon, it gives me the oil icon.
Are there are others over here who had or have this issue?

Kind regards,

Douglass
Netherlands

Old 04-29-2018, 05:43 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire won't reset throttle response

Originally Posted by Douglasz
Hey Guys,

i haven't been very active on this forum, i introduced myself a couple years back tho.
I'm struggling with my car not being able to reset the throttle response (On -> 5 sec gas -> off -> release gas -> wait procedure). This happened since i let the stealership repair my clutchplate & flywheel (for a whopping 2300€). I haven't done the reset very often, so i can't tell if it's since the clutch repair.
I read that the battery could cause all kinds of issues. I haven't replaced mine since i owned it (which is 3,5 years from now). If i look under the hood, there's a Requal RBR 070 in there, which i can't even find on the net. I tried disengaging the battery (for 3 days) which didn't work either. I ordered a new one and hope that fixes my problem.
By the way; If i try to do the reset, instead of giving me the tool icon, it gives me the oil icon.
Are there are others over here who had or have this issue?

Kind regards,

Douglass
Netherlands
Why are you sure the procedure has made no difference? Maybe you drive like Fangio all the time, if so no change can be expected.
I think this reset is not all it is cracked up to be.