Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Door Sill issue

Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Sill issue

So I finally installed my illuminated sills and they light for 4 seconds and then go out. I have to unplug the transformer module to get to light again but still for 4 seconds at a time. Leaning toward defective module. Anyone replace theirs yet? Or run into same issue? Wiring correct feeding +12 volts on red wire - tapped into Red with Green Trace. Ground on Brown wire tapped into Brown with yellow trace. Test light across those wires functions like all others. Ideas?

Old 06-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Default Re: Door Sill issue

You have a bad transformer. I had the same problem when I first installed mine. You need to contact Mopar and they will ship you a new transformer. I think I had to send mine in first and then they shipped me a replacement.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:02 PM

Thanks figured as much. Since I have to get free oil change in wife's van soon I'll just bring it along and visit the parts dept.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:11 PM

Dealers around here not much help. They cannot find specific part number for transformer... hopefully Chrysler Cust service is more helpful...

Nope just got off phone with em. "Gee dealer should have given you the address where to send part. I cannot find MOPAR Address in my system either." Go back to dealer.

Time to fix myself...

Last edited by cgt_n_the; 07-11-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:30 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Defrostyman
You have a bad transformer. I had the same problem when I first installed mine. You need to contact Mopar and they will ship you a new transformer. I think I had to send mine in first and then they shipped me a replacement.
Hey Defrostyman,

What number did you call to reach MOPAR to get them to send the replacement transformer?

I have the same problem and the parts computer at the dealership does not show a separate part number for just the transformer, only for the entire kit. I know these guys so they're not trying to be funny although they might not know where to look.

Customer support at Chrysler is saying the same thing and says that because it is an after market accessory, they can't help.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.