Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

An Update on Crossfiregrills.com

Old 11-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: An Update on Crossfiregrills.com

Derek here...

It seems Don Dixon does not want to provide his contact information to me, eg. phone number, address... I would only order something from someone that I can have a physical address and phone number to contact him, if there was a problem...

Perhaps those of you who have ordered this item actually has a direct mailing address and phone number... Not that I want it, nor need it, just for your own protection incase the purchase is not fulfilled to your expectance...

Your humble moderator
Derek Grover...

Old 11-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
Your humble moderator
Derek Grover...
Humble moderator, ay? yeah, you must be joking...

Old 11-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am set up to do all my transactions on Pay Pal or credit cards. As a sole proprietor I can't be worrying about whether a money order or cashier's check is authentic or not. And, quite frankly, I don't want to be running to the bank to deposit. I want all my records in one place. I am sorry that I wasn't able to make Derek happy. As a vendor who takes credit cards, I do have a return policy (return within 14 days with no restocking fee, no questions asked) and a way to contact me if necessary. It is on the site. I have intentionally set up the site to offer detailed information on the products along with installation. I really don't have time to take lots of calls. And, with a credit card, one always has recourse if they are not happy with a vendor. Wish it were possible to please everyone but sometimes that can't be done.

Last edited by donoutwest; 11-10-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by HDDP
Derek here...

It seems Don Dixon does not want to provide his contact information to me, eg. phone number, address... I would only order something from someone that I can have a physical address and phone number to contact him, if there was a problem...

Perhaps those of you who have ordered this item actually has a direct mailing address and phone number... Not that I want it, nor need it, just for your own protection incase the purchase is not fulfilled to your expectance...

Your humble moderator
Derek Grover...
Very interesting. This guy calls me and say he likes my grills and wants my address and phone number. I don't just give out my phone number and address. Then he infers he wants to make a purchase with a money order, which I don't take (lots of forged money orders and cashier's checks) and I tell him that. Then he makes some fairly reactive statements and finally makes a post here. Now he tells me he is doing this on behalf of the forum. If he had simply said (Like my credit card company did) "We need to know that someone who has a special problem can get in touch with you," I would have pointed him to the Contact Us page with the link that gives detailed info on how to contact me directly and explains the procedure if someone wants to make a return. But, I can't be taking calls for questions that can easily be answered by the website. Sleuthing around is often not as good as just saying what you need to have.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by donoutwest
Very interesting. This guy calls me and say he likes my grills and wants my address and phone number. I don't just give out my phone number and address. Then he infers he wants to make a purchase with a money order, which I don't take (lots of forged money orders and cashier's checks) and I tell him that. Then he makes some fairly reactive statements and finally makes a post here. Now he tells me he is doing this on behalf of the forum. If he had simply said (Like my credit card company did) "We need to know that someone who has a special problem can get in touch with you," I would have pointed him to the Contact Us page with the link that gives detailed info on how to contact me directly and explains the procedure if someone wants to make a return. But, I can't be taking calls for questions that can easily be answered by the website. Sleuthing around is often not as good as just saying what you need to have.
Don
Derek is a moderator on this forum and has been a member for a very long time. What I mean by this is very REPUTABLE. You on the other hand have to remember that you just came onboard out of nowhere offering something that we have been craving for and got people to jump on it. You may also be reputable but as far as we know, no one to date as seen a finished product.
I know that's what I'm waiting for before ordering. A review from a reputable member. Let the product speak for itself.
Also you jumps in here with a grill at a decent price that is however offered on ebay for the same price. This forum and its members, myself included are promoting your grill at no cost to you, yet you don't offer a group purchase discount or member discount. Until you do I'm considering removing the link to your website from my CarDomain webpage.
Just venting a little ..........

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 11-11-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:25 AM

I have no problem with Derek contacting me. But the information that he was asking for was already on the site. When some guy calls up and you don't know who he is and starts asking for your name and phone number, these days you wonder. I don't doubt that he was well intentioned but the way he handled it was round about and if he had been straight forward we would have saved us all a lot of time and energy and would not be dealing with this now. As for the grills, I just sort of happened into this. I happen to be a guy who has some time and although I have not posted earlier (I just bought my car in July of this year) I did a lot of reading primarily because I was looking for an alternative grill. After I got a grill for myself it occurred to me that others might want it as well. Quite frankly, my time is worth a lot to me, if I can do this and it is not too much of a hassle then that's fine. If not, I won't do it. You are absolutely right that this is where the "rubber hits the road", getting grills out that are what people want. We are working on that now. As for offering grills for the same price on ebay as the forum, there is a lot of hand work fabricating and polishing, etc. and I can't offer a discount. As you know, one of the issues relating to a grill for the Crossfire is the small number vs. the cost to produce. You can't expect to have a great grill for a rock bottom price with the type of fabrication here. That's just the way it is. As for your link, I'm comfortable with you removing that if you want to until some grills are out there that people are happy with. Whatever you prefer is fine with me.

Last edited by donoutwest; 11-11-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by donoutwest
I have no problem with Derek contacting me. But the information that he was asking for was already on the site. When some guy calls up and you don't know who he is and starts asking for your name and phone number, these days you wonder. I don't doubt that he was well intentioned but the way he handled it was round about and if he had been straight forward we would have saved us all a lot of time and energy and would not be dealing with this now. As for the grills, I just sort of happened into this. I happen to be a guy who has some time and although I have not posted earlier (I just bought my car in July of this year) I did a lot of reading primarily because I was looking for an alternative grill. After I got a grill for myself it occurred to me that others might want it as well. Quite frankly, my time is worth a lot to me, if I can do this and it is not too much of a hassle then that's fine. If not, I won't do it. You are absolutely right that this is where the "rubber hits the road", getting grills out that are what people want. We are working on that now. As for offering grills for the same price on ebay as the forum, there is a lot of hand work fabricating and polishing, etc. and I can't offer a discount. As you know, one of the issues relating to a grill for the Crossfire is the small number vs. the cost to produce. You can't expect to have a great grill for a rock bottom price with the type of fabrication here. That's just the way it is.
I believe your grill is reasonably priced so hopefully people will appreciate that in the long run. It does not make good business sense to me to price it higher just to "say" I will give a discount to the forum members and come down to what you already have it marked at currently. Some of the products offered (what few there are) are high priced and turm many off. Yours seem about right to attract more buyers. I believe once you have a couple out there and have positive reviews, this will put others at ease.

Steve

Old 11-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT-6 Steve
I believe your grill is reasonably priced so hopefully people will appreciate that in the long run. It does not make good business sense to me to price it higher just to "say" I will give a discount to the forum members and come down to what you already have it marked at currently. Some of the products offered (what few there are) are high priced and turm many off. Yours seem about right to attract more buyers. I believe once you have a couple out there and have positive reviews, this will put others at ease.

Steve
I agreed that the grill was reasonably priced, no question there. The point was that the forum is providing a way to promote the grill and ebay is charging him for listing and selling it, so if you think it there isn't room for a discount that's just your opinionBut I'm sure that it cost less to sell on here than ebay that's a fact...

Old 11-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

No offense but can we all please stop being jackholes and just pay for the grill. This is exactly the same stuff that forced CTD not to continue with his grill. Negative negative negative even when we have a finished product. Just pay the measly $300, thats nothing.

Sorry to vent but damn if this forum isn't **** with crap like this. I for one am still hoping to get a CTD grill because that is the style I like but I appreciate these efforts. Make some money dude, you're not in business as a charity.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
THREE 6S

Originally Posted by MAYAman
No offense but can we all please stop being jackholes and just pay for the grill. This is exactly the same stuff that forced CTD not to continue with his grill. Negative negative negative even when we have a finished product. Just pay the measly $300, thats nothing.

Sorry to vent but damn if this forum isn't **** with crap like this. I for one am still hoping to get a CTD grill because that is the style I like but I appreciate these efforts. Make some money dude, you're not in business as a charity.
Amen!

Old 11-12-2007, 02:36 PM

x2

Keep up the good work don.

SQ

Old 11-12-2007, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by ShawnQ
x2

Keep up the good work don.

SQ

Make that X3. And I've actually seen the grille in person. It is very well made with quality materials and has tolerances that are closer and better than OEM. So please hold the negative comments until others post with actual results so that there are real experiences to review. Doesn't that make common sense? Thanks.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maxxm

So please hold the negative comments until others post with actual results so that there are real experiences to review. Doesn't that make common sense? Thanks.

YES, IT MAKES PERFICT SENSE!

Old 11-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by MAYAman

A SECOND AMEN !!! WELL SAID !!!

Old 11-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

I wish CTD would have been extended the same common courtesy seeing as they have a ton of other mods for our crossfires. The jackholes who didn't like their grill just kept bombarding the thread with I DONT' LIKE IT I DON'T LIKE IT. Well if you don't like it jackhole don't post in the thread. Simple. I know this caused them to stop working on it it. Good game jerks.

Ugh.

Buy this dudes grill. If he's fake then you lost $300. Life has risks. But CTD is a legit operation and you idiots with your negativity hounded them to stop even caring. Again, good game.

Sorry for the harhness but I'm pissed.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the black grill installed on a black car. Don you have a really nice looking product here. Please don't take these nonsense critics to heart.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"...Buy this dudes grill. If he's fake then you lost $300. Life has risks. But CTD is a legit operation and you idiots with your negativity hounded them to stop even caring. Again, good game.

Sorry for the harhness but I'm pissed.[/quote]

I had to visit Scottsdale yesterday on business. I had the great fortune to actually meet Don. Believe me he is real! He loves his Crossfire just like the rest of us. He went through the frustration of not finding a quality alternative grille he liked on the market.

Past experience led him to the right people to help fabricate one for him. It came out so well and the appearant demand by Crossfire owners was so great, he was encouraged to offer them to other forum members.

This grill mounted on Don's SSB SRT6 looks great. The quality and finish are first rate. The attention to detail on the mounting was outstanding. His grill mounts far more rigidly than the OEM version. This is no cheap knock off, it is a solid item.

Don also showed me the brushed aluminum and the powder coated black versions. The brushed aluminum actually has thicker "blades" and possibly looked better than the polished version. While the black powder coated one looked good, Don was concerned about the overall finish in particular the face of the blades. They were a little wavy on the edge and Don was much more critical than I saying that they were not quite up to the standard he wanted.

Truthfully, it did not look all that bad, however there are some who would not like it. Most would have no problem. Don said he is going to try another solution for the powder coat.

As mentioned in a previous post by Maxxm (who has also actually seen the grill) the fit is much better than the OEM grill. It is far more substantial and strong as well.

This is without doubt one of the best aftermarket cosmetic mods I have seen. While a billet grill might not appeal to everyone's taste (including intitially my own) running it to the outer edge of the grill opening and making it flush certainly makes it a easy choice for someone who wants their Crossfire to not look like a minivan or pedestrian sedan.